important cards we will be losing! what can we do about it?

uic

so i realize that there are way too many important cards that will be rotated...i want to find out how people will deal with it...

other than N & colress which can be replaced with shuana & professor birch ....there are cards that just can't seem to find a good substitute

Darkrai EX - we will lose out on free retreat for dark type decks

Virizion EX - we will lose out on status immunity for many pokemon

Keldeo EX - no more free retreat & status immunity for water pokemon

Max Potion - no more free healing for fairy types

Float Stone - no more free retreat

Skyla - no more consistency in decks

Victini - no more second chance for coin flips

and many more ...

what are we going to do if these pokemon are gone? expecially darkrai, virizion & keldeo?

so i realize that there are way too many important cards that will be rotated...i want to find out how people will deal with it...

other than N & colress which can be replaced with shuana & professor birch ....there are cards that just can't seem to find a good substitute

Darkrai EX - we will lose out on free retreat for dark type decks

Virizion EX - we will lose out on status immunity for many pokemon

Keldeo EX - no more free retreat & status immunity for water pokemon

Max Potion - no more free healing for fairy types

Float Stone - no more free retreat

Skyla - no more consistency in decks

Victini - no more second chance for coin flips

and many more ...

what are we going to do if these pokemon are gone? expecially darkrai, virizion & keldeo?

No more Laser/Virbank combos either

And Garbordor for that matter......this new format will be very interesting

I expect to see Red Card to start seeing play again as the replacement N for opponent hand disruption.......atm my decks don't run many of the cards that are rotating out so I'm not to worried.......

As a replacement Skyla players can run Korrina but it'll only fetch Item cards, not other Supporters or Stadiums

Not having Skyla is going to be terriible.  I'm not that great, it's a very handy card for me...  After that there will be no way to fetch a stadium, I thought of replacing her with Trainer's Mail or yes, Korrina but trading an item for a chance at an item, supporter or stadium seems better if I'm not taking full advantage of the supporter (in a non fighting deck)

Hey uic, between rotation and the new set the game will be flipped upside down. I believe the issue is all the decks that will be either hit hard or completely destroyed, rather than specific cards. I'll list the number of times decks topped and their percentages at Spring Regionals, along with some ways they will be affected. I was thinking about this the other day, and I'm bored at work :/ so here it goes...

Seismitoad ex 23 top cut placements (32.4%)

(this deck will be greatly affected by the loss of Trump Card before rotation)

1. Vileplume- There is a good chance Vileplume will play a big part in the meta, making Seismitoad essentially useless.

2. Laserbank- Virbank City Gym/Hypnotoxic Laser are going to be rotated, Seismitoad relies on the poison damage.

3. Crushing Hammer- I believe Crushing Hammer will finally be rotated despite a promo.

Primal Groudon ex 9 (12.7%)

(it is unclear to me which Primal Groudon decks)

1. (Wobbuffet build) Relies greatly on Float Stone which will be rotated.

2. (Shaymin build) Will most likely not be around at rotation, due to loss of Trump Card.

M.rayquaza (Colorless) 6 (8.5%)

1. Colress- Colress will be rotated, no more huge draws.

2. (Metal Build) Keldeo ex/Float Stone, Cobalion ex

3. (Grass Build) Virizion ex, Exeggute

Trevenant / Shaymin ex 5 (7.0%)

1. Vileplume- There is a good chance Vileplume will play a big part in the meta, making Trevanant essentially useless.

2. Laserbank- Virbank City Gym/Hypnotoxic Laser are going to be rotated, this deck relies on the poison damage.

3. Float Stone- Float Stone will be rotated,a key component of the deck.

Virizion ex / Genesect ex 5 (7.0%)

1. Virizion ex and Genesect ex will be rotated.

M. Manectric ex 5 (7.0%)

(it is unclear to me which M. Manectric decks, I can't comment on this because I'm not sure which cards M. Manectric was paired with.)

Raichu XY 4 (5.6%)

2. Exeggute- Exeggute will be rotated, deck relies on Propagation.

Aromatisse XY 2 (2.8%)

1. Max Potion- Max Potion will be rotated, a key component of the deck.

2. Darkrai ex- Darkrai ex will be rotated, most of the recent successful Fairy decks rely on Darkrai's Dark Cloak ability rather than Fairy Garden for free retreat.

Gengar ex 2 (2.8%)

(it is unclear to me which Gengar decks, but I will assume Gengar Trevenant)

1. Vileplume- There is a good chance Vileplume will play a big part in the meta, making Trevanant essentially useless.

2. Float Stone- Float Stone will be rotated ,a key component of the deck.

3. Sigilyph- Sigilyph will be rotated, a great wall for Gengar decks.

Flareon PLF 2 (2.8%)

1. Flareon- Flareon will be rotated.

I did not include decks that had less than a 2% showing. (Note the absence of Exeggutor, Night march, Yveltal, Donphan etc!)

Hey uic, between rotation and the new set the game will be flipped upside down. I believe the issue is all the decks that will be either hit hard or completely destroyed, rather than specific cards. I'll list the number of times decks topped and their percentages at Spring Regionals, along with some ways they will be affected. I was thinking about this the other day, and I'm bored at work :/ so here it goes...

Seismitoad ex 23 top cut placements (32.4%)

1. Vileplume- There is a good chance Vileplume will play a big part in the meta, making Seismitoad essentially useless.

2. Laserbank- Virbank City Gym/Hypnotoxic Laser are going to be rotated, Seismitoad relies on the poison damage.

3. Crushing Hammer- I believe Crushing Hammer will finally be rotated despite a promo.

Primal Groudon ex 9 (12.7%)

(it is unclear to me which Primal Groudon decks)

1. (Wobbuffet build) Relies greatly on Float Stone which will be rotated.

2. (Shaymin build) Will most likely not be around at rotation, due to loss of Trump Card.

M.rayquaza (Colorless) 6 (8.5%)

2. (Metal Build) Keldeo ex/Float Stone, Cobalion ex

3. (Grass Build) Virizion ex, Exeggute

Trevenant / Shaymin ex 5 (7.0%)

2. Laserbank- Virbank City Gym/Hypnotoxic Laser are going to be rotated, this deck relies on the poison damage.

3. Float Stone- Float Stone will be rotated,a key component of the deck.

Virizion ex / Genesect ex 5 (7.0%)

1. Virizion ex and Genesect ex will be rotated.

M. Manectric ex 5 (7.0%)

(it is unclear to me which M. Manectric decks, I can't comment on this because I'm not sure which cards M. Manectric was paired with.)

Raichu XY 4 (5.6%)

2. Exeggute- Exeggute will be rotated, deck relies on Propagation.

Aromatisse XY 2 (2.8%)

1. Max Potion- Max Potion will be rotated, a key component of the deck.

2. Darkrai ex- Darkrai ex will be rotated, most of the recent successful Fairy decks rely on Darkrai's Dark Cloak ability rather than Fairy Garden for free retreat.

Gengar ex 2 (2.8%)

(it is unclear to me which Gengar decks, but I will assume Gengar Trevenant)

2. Float Stone- Float Stone will be rotated ,a key component of the deck.

3. Sigilyph- Sigilyph will be rotated, a great wall for Gengar.

Flareon PLF 2 (2.8%)

1. Flareon- Flareon will be rotated.

I did not include decks that had less than a 2% showing. (Note the absence of Exeggutor, Night march, Yveltal, Donphan etc!)

Safeguarders arent affected by effects on Ex pokemon attacks. with that in mind, you cant make target of dark corridor switch a safeguarder

Safeguarders arent affected by effects on Ex pokemon attacks. with that in mind, you cant make target of dark corridor switch a safeguarder

I think you misunderstood his post. He was saying that we play sigilyph in gengar ex deck and provides a good combo. Which will be rotated.

He understood it quite well and it's an awful combo because trying to switch Gengar EX into Sigilyph doesn't work due to Sigilyph's ability. If it works on PTCGO, it's a bug.

He understood it quite well and it's an awful combo because trying to switch Gengar EX into Sigilyph doesn't work due to Sigilyph's ability. If it works on PTCGO, it's a bug.

it's supposed to work, actually, because the switching effect is on Gengar, not Sigilyph.

I just wanted to point out that we don't know yet whether Legendary Treasures will be rotated or not. If it doesn't get rotated, we will keep Keldeo, Darkrai, Mewtwo, and other valuable cards (e.g. Crushing hammer and sigilyph).

If it does, then we won't keep our cards.

I just wanted to point out that we don't know yet whether Legendary Treasures will be rotated or not. If it doesn't get rotated, we will keep Keldeo, Darkrai, Mewtwo, and other valuable cards (e.g. Crushing hammer and sigilyph).

If it does, then we won't keep our cards.

This 100x.  Don't forget Legenday Treasures came out after XY Base set, and hasn't seen life for very long.  Legendary Treasures was made to reprint and extend the life of popular cards, half of which are still legal pre-reprint.  It would make little sense to reprint them unless they're sticking around for a little longer.

That said, good riddance Laserbank.

Also, while Virizion / Genesect are rotating out, M Sceptile EX + the new crazy growth forest stadium will basically replace Virizion, and Heracross / M Hercross or some other Grass EX may replace Genesect (Mega Venusaur?).

Rotation only affects standard play right?

Depending wether or not we keep expanded or not. If we dont, then yes, it'll only effect standard. If we keep expanded, then Expanded will likely rotate to NXD-on.

Depending wether or not we keep expanded or not. If we dont, then yes, it'll only effect standard. If we keep expanded, then Expanded will likely rotate to NXD-on.

I didnt't knew of this possibility of ending the expanded mode...wow strong news!

I mean it's my favorite format...a lot of cards available without those "OP" unlimited cards/decks...

I hope expanded stays!

Where can i get a list of the rotating cards?

It would be good to start to get some solutions and replacements for rotating cards before it's too late.

Archived