DS Help

muzikmaestro

hey, anyone here have any info about the 1st Gen. Nintendo DS? my BF is giving me his but I have no clue about it.... such as, what all it can do? (ie: can take Game Boy cards too...)

HELP?

That first gen DS is only able to read GBA and DS games. It comes with a basic wall plus and is very very basic.

It has a power button and a GBA gameslot.

Games can not be removed once the system is turned on due to system error.

I still use my 1st gen DS. It can play any DS or GBA game out there. It's old so your battery will probably not be as wonderful as it was when it was new.

Take advantage of that GBA slot, you can probably find a lot of great games for cheap on the used market. Besides all the Gen 3 Pokemon games (you can uplaod your pokemon up to the gen 4 games) you have a couple good Castlevania games, the best was Aria of Sorrow. I also suggest the two Golden Sun games.

Yeah, the DSi was more of a downgrade if you ask me. Which do you prefer:

• Ability to play all GBA games and all DS games.

• Allow use of features relying on the GBA slot (such as Pal Park and the Dongle Method for D/P/Pt)

• Much cheaper price.

OR

• A few overpriced downloadable games, with about five good titles to choose from.

• A camera that's lower quality than that of a cell phone.

• Able to store music from seemingly every file type no one uses.

• Able to connect to one more type of internet connection.

Really, with the exception of that last one, the DSi was a waste of money for those that already had the DS Lite. This is why I like comparing the DSi to the Game Boy Micro. Both of which traded backwards-compatibility for some sort of gimmick (customization and a camera, respectively), as well as being speed bumps for the next system. To sum up this rant, I'm glad that you got an original DS (though I've never owned one, I have played my friend's, and I do own a DS Lite, the equivalent of the GBA SP, IMHO), and I hope you can get some great GBA games! wink_smile.png

I have played a gen 1 game(Game boy color game) on the DS.

That is impressive considering the gen 1 games weren't GameBoy Color games and in order to play a GBC game on a DS you would have to install a 1st gen GBA contact strip and hack the DS software and file out the edges to the cartrige would fit..

kay, thanks. let's put it this way... I'm a geek and a nerd and a bit of techie/AV "brat"... and yet I'm still not a gamer... that's my BF and BFF's jobs... lolz... but one's going off to college and the other is not so nice now (respectively)... so I guess I gotta learn ;P

Archived