[MAC] Other - Mac overheating when playing PTCGO...

Fitchino

Whenever I open the game my mac starts to get super hot and the fan is in overdrive the whole time. Any reasons why this is? I have a new macbook pro (2014) - so I really can't believe it's because my mac isn't powerful enough. Would really like this to get fixed because I like playing on my mac more than iPad but it's uncomfortable. Thanks.

Mod_Jube

Hi there,

I recommend that you try freeing up as much space as possible. Remove unused apps and large folders that you no longer have use for. Close all apps prior to loading TCGO so that nothing else is putting a heavy load on your processor and memory.

Hope this helps!

• 4 years later...
00ThomasCrown00
On 6/7/2015 at 2:41 PM, Mod_Jube said:

Hi there,

I recommend that you try freeing up as much space as possible. Remove unused apps and large folders that you no longer have use for. Close all apps prior to loading TCGO so that nothing else is putting a heavy load on your processor and memory.

Hope this helps!

I have tried this and it still is overheating. 

Mod_GuruLot
9 hours ago, 00ThomasCrown00 said:

I have tried this and it still is overheating. 

Hello @00ThomasCrown00

I'm sorry to hear your Mac device overheats while playing the game. 

I would suggest submitting a ticket to our support team so that we can take a further look at what could be causing this. 

When submitting a ticket please provide all useful information on your device, OS version, the version of the game you have installed. 

Hope this helps!

• 1 year later...
Crushyfurl

I'm also having this issue with a brand new 2020 MacBook Pro. I specifically bought one with tons of extra memory so I wouldn't overload the system. I also don't play with any other programs open. This occurs ALL the time and it gets so hot it would probably burn my legs if I sat my laptop on my lap.