New VS Mode That costs money if you concede

random11x

So Im asking for just another type of random battle that costs tokens. Lets say 40 tokens. And its just a 1 on 1 match. At the end you still get the normal wheels and everything but on top of that the tokens are given back. So in essence it was free if you finish. But if you concede then it cost you tokens.

This could stop people from just conceding from a bad hand. Or after losing there first pokemon.  Its so frustrating, especially for dailies when people just concede after the hand or the first KO.

the only reason people would want to force others to not concede and play out the game (which can be a negative experience for the losing end) is to get their daily challenges done.

and a whole mode where people are just making their daily challenges easier is not as good of an approach as just making daily challenges more reasonable, which they have been made recently.

would much rather effort be put in a mode where games are a little more different and interesting than to make daily challenges more convenient.

the only reason people would want to force others to not concede and play out the game (which can be a negative experience for the losing end) is to get their daily challenges done.

and a whole mode where people are just making their daily challenges easier is not as good of an approach as just making daily challenges more reasonable, which they have been made recently.

would much rather effort be put in a mode where games are a little more different and interesting than to make daily challenges more convenient.

Some people like to actually play the game. It would help dailies but it could also help people testing decks. Their win loss ratio wouldn't be affected from quick concedes as much and some times people concede when if they could look at your hand they would realize your in  a pretty bad situation too. Sometimes its good practice to see if you can get out of difficult situations.

Also the cost would have to be low enough to not actually hurt anyone if they actually had to concede, say for IRL stuff. But just enough to make it so you might rethink hitting that concede button. And Im not saying replace the current system.

Also I didn't say this but you could even make some wheel drop rate changes for losers. Like maybe instead of getting 1-3 tokens if you lose as options on the wheel, it would give you 2-4 tokens (Something slight - but still not as good as winners wheel). Something that would reward players for staying the whole match even if they know they will lose.

In theory this is a good idea; but in theory only. Time and time again I encounter players that like to take their time on the match's final turn, playing cards that are unnecessary when they can just attack and finish the match. I shouldn't have to wait for my opponent.

Perhaps there should be a limit? If you concede the match before, say, the first 5 minutes then you get 10-20 Tokens taken away (a reasonable sum seeing as you can get 25+ these days); but if the match plays out for more than 5 minutes then there is no penalty.

Or, maybe it could depend on the number of turns in the game? Say, anything less than the first 10 turns you will get 10-20 Tokens taken away, but anything over 10 turns you don't get a penalty.

In theory this is a good idea; but in theory only. Time and time again I encounter players that like to take their time on the match's final turn, playing cards that are unnecessary when they can just attack and finish the match. I shouldn't have to wait for my opponent.

Perhaps there should be a limit? If you concede the match before, say, the first 5 minutes then you get 10-20 Tokens taken away (a reasonable sum seeing as you can get 25+ these days); but if the match plays out for more than 5 minutes then there is no penalty.

Or, maybe it could depend on the number of turns in the game? Say, anything less than the first 10 turns you will get 10-20 Tokens taken away, but anything over 10 turns you don't get a penalty.

Ya seems reasonable. The concede button would have to warn you though. Like "only 1 more turn and you will get your tokens back" or something like that.

This has to be the worst idea i have ever heard of. If they concede you get the winning wheel and play another match instantly? So your upset that someone wasted 25 seconds of your time for a free winning spin? That makes absolutely no sense to me. I don't even know how you could logically conclude that this would be a good idea. 

you want to play the game out that badly, find some friends and play friend games.

this is just a veiled way to want to finish challenges faster.  way too much effort for tiny tiny gain that most people won't even bother with.

This has to be the worst idea i have ever heard of. If they concede you get the winning wheel and play another match instantly? So your upset that someone wasted 25 seconds of your time for a free winning spin? That makes absolutely no sense to me. I don't even know how you could logically conclude that this would be a good idea. 

you want to play the game out that badly, find some friends and play friend games.

this is just a veiled way to want to finish challenges faster.  way too much effort for tiny tiny gain that most people won't even bother with.

Thanks for your contribution to the topic your new ideas are very welcome. You obviously would not like to play in this proposed mode. I currently dont need packs, tokens, or tickets. I want to play to get experience with my deck. That's hard when people just quit out. And if they play the first hand and concede you could be talking 10 minutes without even taking a prize, wasted. So ya for me I'd like something to stop people from just conceding.

Friend battles could help but random battles are much better. Not only to finish dailies, obviously, but also the variety of opponents and the on demand battles which I wouldn't get trying to just play with friends.

I take it you guys like to only play hands that you assume you can win at. And dont like to play if there is even a chance you will lose. That's fair, like I've repeated, it wouldn't be replacing the current random battles and you can continue your conceding of matches there. Why so hostel to something that wouldn't even effect you.

I dont see this being a lot of effort to implement but that's all up to the devs to figure out and not really up to us.

Regardless... No FEE should not be applied at anyway for surrendering.

and not about people surrendering to prevent you from doing the challenges. You know right you are winning, so you are  getting the winning rewards (Its more important than asking something may ruin the game by adding fee for surrender...what happen if someone  bug exploit  or your bugged)

No Fee should be applied.

It doesn't seem a good idea. Why should I be frustrated 20 min with a seismitoad deck unable to give up? And if I lose emergency call for inactivity? Well, I said, a bad proposal. This forces you to play like it or not and ruin the fun of the game.

Thanks for your contribution to the topic your new ideas are very welcome. You obviously would not like to play in this proposed mode. I currently dont need packs, tokens, or tickets. I want to play to get experience with my deck. That's hard when people just quit out. And if they play the first hand and concede you could be talking 10 minutes without even taking a prize, wasted. So ya for me I'd like something to stop people from just conceding.

Friend battles could help but random battles are much better. Not only to finish dailies, obviously, but also the variety of opponents and the on demand battles which I wouldn't get trying to just play with friends.

I take it you guys like to only play hands that you assume you can win at. And dont like to play if there is even a chance you will lose. That's fair, like I've repeated, it wouldn't be replacing the current random battles and you can continue your conceding of matches there. Why so hostel to something that wouldn't even effect you.

I dont see this being a lot of effort to implement but that's all up to the devs to figure out and not really up to us.

how we like to play is irrelevant to the topic in this thread. what is relevant is that we don't think this idea is a good one and we don't like to play that way and listed the reasons for it.  and just because something is optional doesn't mean it is always a good idea.

and our contribution is to give feedback that this feature would be extremely low priority for us.  

How people play matters very much.

Regardless no fee should be added or any further negtive impact should be added

Reading the thread and feedbacks. I came to know how people would react to such situations. I was thinking of this idea, but random11 put it before. So, now to the topic. The basic thing is, people don't complete battles. They evolve and waste my time to complete their challenges. And then concede. While they whine and cry when other people like them concede when these people are doing knock out challenge. What is this going on ? People have made PVP a dustbin like thing where you can't get serious battles. They would concede just because they are gonna lose. They don't do that in tournament so why in PVP ?? Ok now to the fees. I don't think everyone concedes because he is losing or just doing a daily challenge. They may have some emergency as stated above by a player. So what we could do is not implement fees. But rather if a player concedes the daily challenge is not counted. People should finish the battle by either winning or losing.

I also read a player saying why he couldn't give up against a stalling seismitoad. Well if you wanna play, play with full spirit. You deck must have a card to atleast get back in the game. Play to get it. I never conceded against toads. Rather playing them gives you experience on ways to defeat them. As such even I do evolution challenges. but what I have done is. I use some staple pokemon to attack while I evolve, so I don't even lose a match, give full respect to the player who wanted to battle a good battle in PVP. So everything gets sorted off. So why not lock the concede remove the wheel or Daily challenge count when you concede. If you have emergency, ok fine. You can play another match.

I stated my replies to what others said. It was just what I thought. The above written content wasn't to oppose anyone and didn't mean to hurt anyone. If I did I am sorry. Have a good day friends :)

Arent they getting Rewards from the VICTOR Wheel....yet they still dont like loser getting reward now they want losers surrednering.

Arent they getting Rewards from the VICTOR Wheel....yet they still dont like loser getting reward now they want losers surrednering.

I don't think those rewards fulfill the time that got wasted ! You never likely pull a pack. Hardly some tokens ! And 1-2 Ticeks. On which I wasted my time just becuase he opponent had to evolve his pokemon. He hardly cared about anyone else. Isn't this attitude bringing down the Pokemon Community. And time is precious. Even if I had got Packs I would have been ok, not still appropriate though.

in another thread (which i'm not gonna look up and find as of now) you stated that people shouldn't worry about their opponents playing a long first hand- be it with toad or rayquaza- if they don't like the matchup they should just concede..

now over here on this thread you say you want to implement an effective fine for conceding your matches.. as well as negativise the fact that some players don't want to waste theirs and their opponent's time..

if I have a camerupt deck with my blacksmiths prized, three benched numels and no supporter or energy, while my opponent has a toad with energy on it, is it really so bad if I concede?

usually there's a point in a match where both players know how it will finish, and accepting a loss rather than stalling your opponent out is thought of in a good way, so I really don't think battles costing coins is a good idea.. after all there already is a coin cost on trades

I'm curious why everyone thinks that PTCGO should have rules that differ from the paper version of the game. If I sit down at a table at my local game store, shuffle up my deck and draw a Squirtle and 6 other cards that I cannot play, while my opponent puts down a Lucario Ex with an Fighting Energy on it and a bench full of pokemon, it's my right to scoop up my cards and say let's go the next game. My opponent doesn't yell across the table, "Hey pay the Judge $2 for conceding and not letting me beat the smack out of your Squirtle."

I want to play this game as much as anyone, but when I in all reality have no cards that I can play in my hand, there's no sense in me just sitting around getting beat up on. My time is valuable, so is my opponent's and I'm not going to waste it. Yet for some reason, everyone online is screaming to implement a system to punish someone for inconveniencing them. Seriously people?

Well, the paper game doesn't incentivize menial tasks like taking KOs with a specific type of Pokémon. The Daily Challenges are a nice idea in theory, but they make concession in the Online program that much more frustrating.

Even so, I don't believe we should penalize people who have legitimate reasons to concede. I certainly don't want to lose Tokens just for suddenly having to be pulled away from my computer or anything like that.

to be fair the OP is suggesting a NEW MODE, so it doesn't force you to do it unless both players choose this new mode.

that said my opinion is still that it would be a waste of time.

okay fine.. force the devs to implement another mode where there is a fine for concession.. it'll just be littered with people trying to force a ragequit..

considering it's possible to play out your full 25 minutes on your first turn due to shaymin-ex's ability, I doubt it'll be long before that mode becomes unbearable to play vs any kind of staller..

at the end we'll get more complaints about the new mode since you can't quit a stalled match without a loss of coins.. you can't quit a frozen match without a loss of coins and so on.. I just don't think it's worth the trouble

Ok so.... most of you dont like this idea. I see that.

But some of you seem to not realize it would be a new mode. Not replacing the normal battles. If you sit down in a tournament and pay the 4 tickets and real life stuff happens. You can concede, but you will still lose the tickets. It would be the same here. If you start a match in this new mode you are consenting to want to play the whole match. I am not saying I want to force you to sit through a boring toad game. Or force you to sit at your computer and play a game while your house burns down. 40 tokens isn't a lot to me personally (maybe it is to you - more on that later). If the match was a clear loss and I knew it, I can still concede, knowing its only 40 tokens. Just as if I started a tournament and the same thing happened round one I would concede, knowing I would lose the 4 tickets I spent to start the tournament. The price is not to utterly destroy a player if they concede, its just to slightly insentivize people to try and stick out a match if maybe they would normally just concede. Perhaps 40 tokens is too high a price though, maybe 20 or 10 would be better at accomplishing this goal.

Another way would be to implement a rep point system where you lose rep points if you keep conceding. However that seems like it would be a huge amount of work for the devs. Where as this seems like it would be less work, to me anyway.

No more alteration to losers.

The surrender button is for people, who got an emergency/a bugged/ playing with a cheater/opposing players ruin the fun gameplay. All these are legit reasons.

Almost like saying you must pay if you surrender. However in TCG Rulebook there is no fee involved.

Anything the makes defamatory against another is not a good idea cause conflict (Were people would report because on their rep)..

My suggestion is for Dev to focus  on improving the gameplay experience by focusing back on path on creating better gameplay. 

There are other features of this game that I'd rather see improved than having a new mode which could definitely add to the current issues that we have.

No more alteration to losers.

The surrender button is for people, who got an emergency/a bugged/ playing with a cheater/opposing players ruin the fun gameplay. All these are legit reasons.

Almost like saying you must pay if you surrender. However in TCG Rulebook there is no fee involved.

Anything the makes defamatory against another is not a good idea cause conflict (Were people would report because on their rep)..

My suggestion is for Dev to focus  on improving the gameplay experience by focusing back on path on creating better gameplay. 

should we make tournaments free too then if you concede? I wouldn't want to have people who surrender take a loss of tickets. They should just be able to keep conceding tournaments and always get there tournament tickets back until they win one. Does that sound right? I didn't think so.

Archived