Friend request notifications in game?

Chihiko

Not really sure if this is a bug or just a missing feature. But when I get a friend request in the game there is no notification letting me know about it, and as a new player it took me 3 weeks before I even found where to view incoming friend requests.

It is not listed among the known bugs, so I'm assuming there has never been a feature like this. I really think this is an issue since adding players to your friend list will rarely be accepted or it can sometimes take several days before someone even see that you have sent them a request.

I'm well aware this isn't a high priority issue, but I don't believe it would take much time from the developers to implement it either. 

I would be very happy to see this in the next major update, since there already are some interface changes planned for that version.  :) 

Keep up the good work!

A few patches ago you got notifications for friend requests. But you don't get them anymore. It's really hard to add someone.

A few patches ago you got notifications for friend requests. But you don't get them anymore. It's really hard to add someone.

Must have been before I started playing then, weird that it isn't listed among the known bugs in the game.

May as well ask here...

where do you go to accept friend requests?

If you go to your friend list, then you can press the dropdown where it says "friends" and then select "requests" instead. It is very confusing and not very intuitive in my opinion. The fact that you had to ask really highlights the problem.

also im not sure you can even tell if friends have accepted?  in fact i think you can start private trading before they accept, so it is almost like it is unilateral.

all in all the friend system is a bit confusing.  

Archived