Official Feedback: Dev Update - Refining Rewards and Coming Features

TPCi_Samhayne

Definitely revert the big weekend tournaments' prizes to more packs. A bunch of "tournament chests" are simply not worth two extra tickets (they're hardly worth anything, to be honest).

I like the idea of players being able to obtain EX cards via these Versus Points (we will certainly get less "EX cards are too OP" posts). I can assume that they will also be locked?

I am really happy to see these new features specially the news panel on homepage . And let's see what will be a good point in versus points . can't comment now on this feature . Hope you improve wheel rewards as well.

glad to see the continuation of great features that keep getting added.  generally our feedback in the forum tend to be complaints as feedback forums usually are, but there really is a sentiment that the team here is really quite responsive and prolific.

the versus points sounds like the perfect complement to the more luck oriented prize wheel.

Less 5 card packs, more 10 card packs.

If the rumor is true that you get 5 card untradables from the Winner's Wheel now, that needs to be reverted IMMEDIATELY.

If the rumor is true that you get 5 card untradables from the Winner's Wheel now, that needs to be reverted IMMEDIATELY.

i don't know about any kind of rumour but yesterday i have received a 10-card tradeable PC booster from reward wheel and i received a locked 5-card booster from daily bonus . But 5-card locked booster can only be received from loser's reward wheel and till now i have won many games but not got any locked booster from Victor's mystery box. But if this rumour of 5-card locked booster from victor's mystery box is true then i agree that they should immediately revert it back because such effect will probably leave no difference between both loser and winner reward wheel except those 50 tokens that we can still receive from victor's mystery box. ;)

And TPCi samhayne i have a request and i hope you take a look into it . Please increase the chances of getting tournament tickets from reward wheel because i am still landing mostly on 5-card tokens even after winning many games. I know that landing on any slot on reward wheel is random but if such randomness keeps on giving me 5-card token everytime then it is not done . I am already out of tickets and i have only played 2 tournaments yesterday because the wheel is not giving much tickets to me . So please either remove 1 (5 x token slot and replace it with another 1 x tournament ticket slot or replace it with mystery box or higher tokens please .

As far as rewards go (and features in general), I'd just like to see the system decide on what it wants to do and stick to it. I started playing this a year ago, and I've seen this game's reward system change over and over again. Every few months there are changes to these systems as if you guys just don't know where you want to go with it.

...Anyway, the Versus points idea sounds cool, I just hope it doesn't get removed or heavily nerfed some months after it got added. Make sure you're happy with the rate at which players are able to get the rewards from it when you put this thing in the game, so we don't have to suffer through reward removal/downgrades because you guys didn't expect us to farm the rewards (you know people will).

I do very much agree that the navigation needs streamlining and am looking forward what it's going to be like after the update. I remember this game's menu system being a maze when I first started playing and took a while to learn where everything is.

I have no idea where you heard that rumor, but since the last patch all the packs I have gotten from the victors wheel has been tradable 10-card packs. Keep playing with a smile and send a bug report if you get a locked 5-card pack from the victors wheel.

You made a whole thread about this. Why continue it here?

I hope the Basic Yellow deck is not the same as the old heartgold soulsilver one.

The coming Basic Yellow deck is not the same as the old one, but an a new deck based on XY series cards.

Not_A_Bear, to be clear, only 10 card tradeable booster packs are possible from the Victor's Bonus Wheel out of the Mystery Box.  There are no 5 card non-tradeable booster packs there.  

If someone is saying they are getting 5 card non-tradeable boosters, it's from the Basic (loser's) Bonus Wheel Mystery Box.  I triple checked this personally when I replied to your other thread on the issue.  My apologies if my reply there was not explicit enough to dispel this rumor.

As far as rewards go (and features in general), I'd just like to see the system decide on what it wants to do and stick to it. I started playing this a year ago, and I've seen this game's reward system change over and over again. Every few months there are changes to these systems as if you guys just don't know where you want to go with it.

...Anyway, the Versus points idea sounds cool, I just hope it doesn't get removed or heavily nerfed some months after it got added. Make sure you're happy with the rate at which players are able to get the rewards from it when you put this thing in the game, so we don't have to suffer through reward removal/downgrades because you guys didn't expect us to farm the rewards (you know people will).

I do very much agree that the navigation needs streamlining and am looking forward what it's going to be like after the update. I remember this game's menu system being a maze when I first started playing and took a while to learn where everything is.

Much of the corresponding changes have been as the team reacted to how people found ways to exploit the reward systems.  Alas, this is why we can't have nice things :(  Clearly we were a little naive or idealistic when considering how players would interact with reward systems early on.  We're human and we've learned.  I think what we have coming out in these subsequent systems is pretty good - but of course, we'll see once it goes live in the wild.  

in our profile on game stats......there is this thing called total game points....will that become our versus points?

I concur with Not_A_Bear, in that I'd like to *********** packs available, but ultimately you should do whatever you need to do as far as the profit incentive goes. Maximizing profits is the whole point of PTCGO

Regarding the biggest chance to me (VS rewards), I think that's awesome. The only thing I'd like to see is less mutually exclusive tasks and more ability to double dip -- i.e., enter a tournament and get credit towards both your daily challenge and your VS challenge.

I concur with Not_A_Bear, in that I'd like to *********** packs available, but ultimately you should do whatever you need to do as far as the profit incentive goes. Maximizing profits is the whole point of PTCGO

TPCI_Samhayne has already confirmed that there should be no 5-card trade-locked booster packs in the winners wheel. See above.

Please include a counter (like a fraction) to show us how many cards we own from each expansion and what cards are missing to complete the collection. Or maybe a automatic checked card list!

Please include a counter (like a fraction) to show us how many cards we own from each expansion and what cards are missing to complete the collection. Or maybe a automatic checked card list!

That isnt really what this thread is about. You should make it a whole new thread.

How about in the next release we get better ways to manage all of the decks we have built in our inventory???  We need to have some type of filing system other than the ones we have now.  Would be nice to have subfolders where we can put specific decks we have built.  I have over 100 in Standard alone.  We have been asking for this feature for almost a year now, but nothing yet.... 

Hi,

I already have a Basic Yellow Deck. I noticed that some time ago, some of the basic decks were no longer able to be used in the Trainer Challenge. Will there be more Basic decks released - I have red, yellow, green, blue, purple, and orange?

Thanks.

Digi

Archived