Post Rotation Decks

CAR600000

Hello,

I've been thinking about the upcoming rotation and I realized that most decks are going to get killed off because most rely on certain trainers or Pokemon. Any decks that rely on mew ex (night march, unfezant/spinda, shedinja, etc.) will get shut down. The only decks that dont really rely on old cards are the rayquaza decks and I feel that after the rotation that colorless raquaza will dominate the format. Most decks at least have old support pokemon in them and they will struggle to do well against mega rayquaza.

Does anyone have and deck ideas or classic deck revisions that will be available post rotation?

I feel that new decks could really help the community out about now.

Bye, and thank you for taking time to read this.

Before I give a list of deck let me say that I don't think Colorless Rayquaza decks will dominate. It's losing too much to the probable (XY-on) format (Virizion, Eggs, N, Colress, Computer Search) and Lysandre's Trump Card being banned also hurts the deck considerably. I think it will be Yveltal (New toys to play with comming up in the new set) and Grass decks (Sceptile/Vileplume) that will instead.

Yveltal/ M Tyranitar-EX

Fairy

Seismitoad/Manectric

Night march

Defensive Seismitoad

Begin.

Fighting Bats will still be a top deck and Fighting in general......it might be losing N and Landorus-EX but there is still a lot going for the deck with Lucario/Hawlucha/Bat Line ect.

Also Steel decks won't be affected much by the rotation either, it losses 6 supporters in the form of N and Colress but that's it, that'll be easy to replace once we see what other supporters come in the new set or even just replace N with Shuna if that's the next best thing to shuffle the hand into the deck and draw a new one, its just no where near as good as N by disrupting the opponents hand.  Red Card might even see some play again as a hand disrupting card once N is gone.

Yveltal (with or without M Tyranitar, don't know if it'll be any good yet)

Fairy

Seismitoad (almost any variant will still be good but it won't be anything like it was with LTC)

Night March (even without Mew-EX the deck can still generate a ton of damage)

Aegislash/Dialga

Fighting Bats

Sceptile might join the list but we won't know until we get to play around with it or see it in action

Before I give a list of deck let me say that I don't think Colorless Rayquaza decks will dominate. It's losing too much to the probable (XY-on) format (Virizion, Eggs, N, Colress, Computer Search) and Lysandre's Trump Card being banned also hurts the deck considerably. I think it will be Yveltal (New toys to play with comming up in the new set) and Grass decks (Sceptile/Vileplume) that will instead.

Yveltal/ M Tyranitar-EX

Fairy

Seismitoad/Manectric

Night march

Defensive Seismitoad

Begin.

Thank you. I might consider a fairy deck with m gardevoir ex malamar ex etc. I am also thinking about rayquaza now with the reprints coming out.

Fighting Bats will still be a top deck and Fighting in general......it might be losing N and Landorus-EX but there is still a lot going for the deck with Lucario/Hawlucha/Bat Line ect.

Also Steel decks won't be affected much by the rotation either, it losses 6 supporters in the form of N and Colress but that's it, that'll be easy to replace once we see what other supporters come in the new set or even just replace N with Shuna if that's the next best thing to shuffle the hand into the deck and draw a new one, its just no where near as good as N by disrupting the opponents hand.  Red Card might even see some play again as a hand disrupting card once N is gone.

Yveltal (with or without M Tyranitar, don't know if it'll be any good yet)

Fairy

Seismitoad (almost any variant will still be good but it won't be anything like it was with LTC)

Night March (even without Mew-EX the deck can still generate a ton of damage)

Aegislash/Dialga

Fighting Bats

Sceptile might join the list but we won't know until we get to play around with it or see it in action

About the steel decks. I am currently running a m aggron/bronzong deck; feel free to suggest ideas pre and post rotation.

x2 M Aggron Ex
x2 Aggron Ex
x1 Keldeo Ex
x2 Victini
X1 Shaymin Ex
x3 Bronzor
x3 Bronzong
x2 Cobalion Ex
x1 Aegislash Ex
x1 Heatran

x4 DCE
x8 Metal Energy

x2 Spirit Link
x2 Float Stone
x3 N
x3 Vs Seeker
x4 Sycamore
x1 Colress
x2 Lysandre
x2 Mega Turbo
x1 Switch
x2 Battle Compressor
x3 Ultra Ball
x1 Professor's Letter
x1 Teammates
x2 Trainers Mail
x2 Mountian Ring
x1 Steel Shelter

When is the next rotation going to happen? I just realized that I know way too little about these things!  :blink:

It's either before or after worlds.

You could try one Wally, Jirachi EX before rotation maybe an extra battle compressor and VS Seeker after.  Compress Wally and some energy, evolve Bronzong first turn.  You have 13 basic pokemon and a slow Mega, at least Cobalion EX and Aegislash EX can have  some negative effects for Pyroar with DCE. . .  Maybe a few more switching cards?  Never mind.  Rush In.  Starting with Victini isn't terrible (only one retreat cost and you accelerate that energy with Bronzong)  I guess Shaymin EX and Jirachi are almost equal for draw support until you factor in Sky Return, which you can take full advantage of with 4 DCE.  I wonder about Keldeo EX, I understand for Dialga EX, which discards energy, but M Aggron and Aggron EX do not. . . Ah . . Anti-Fire pokemon.  I dunno.  Makes sense to me.

Maybe fewer Sycamore, more shuffle back into deck draw: It sucks having to choose between a terrible hand and discarding 1 of only 2 Mega Evolutions.  I try to include at least one tool retriever because my Mega is slow also and Head Ringers are sooooo terrible; blocking spirit link, slowing set up and ultimately just increasing the damage from 'Energy Press' and 'Evil Ball': the bane of Primals and Megas everywhere.  You've currently no way to get rid of one and are like all users of special energies vulnerable to Enhanced Hammer.  AZ, Xerosic, Tool Retriever or Super Scoop Up depending on how often you face item lock are the only ways I know how to get rid of them.  I just dislike AZ for discarding my special energy and both supporters for using my supporter for the turn.

It's either before or after worlds.

When is Worlds so I can watch for this?  (Never been through a rotation either)

Thanks!

About the steel decks. I am currently running a m aggron/bronzong deck; feel free to suggest ideas pre and post rotation.

x2 M Aggron Ex
x2 Aggron Ex
x1 Keldeo Ex
x2 Victini
X1 Shaymin Ex
x3 Bronzor
x3 Bronzong
x2 Cobalion Ex
x1 Aegislash Ex
x1 Heatran

x4 DCE
x8 Metal Energy

x2 Spirit Link
x2 Float Stone
x3 N
x3 Vs Seeker
x4 Sycamore
x1 Colress
x2 Lysandre
x2 Mega Turbo
x1 Switch
x2 Battle Compressor
x3 Ultra Ball
x1 Professor's Letter
x1 Teammates
x2 Trainers Mail
x2 Mountian Ring
x1 Steel Shelter

To be honest I don't like Aggron or Mega Aggron for a Steel deck.  I much prefer Dialga-EX, it's faster and doesn't require a Mega evolution to get that OHKO against 170HP and lower.  And it's my IMO that Aegislash-EX is a must 2 of in any Steel deck in case 1 gets prized, it's you're best hard counter to Toad and any deck that runs heavy on Special Energy or relies on effects provided by that energy for damage acceleration, retreat cost reduction ect. 

I would:

-2 Victini

- the whole Aggron line and replace with 4 Dialga-EX

-1 Cobalion-EX (replace with 1 Aegislash-EX)

-2 Spirit Links

-2 Mega Turbo

-2 Mountain Ring (replace with 2 more Steel Shelter)

I'll have to provide more input when I get the chance I have an apt to get to.......

To be honest I don't like Aggron or Mega Aggron for a Steel deck.  I much prefer Dialga-EX, it's faster and doesn't require a Mega evolution to get that OHKO against 170HP and lower.  And it's my IMO that Aegislash-EX is a must 2 of in any Steel deck in case 1 gets prized, it's you're best hard counter to Toad and any deck that runs heavy on Special Energy or relies on effects provided by that energy for damage acceleration, retreat cost reduction ect. 

I would:

-2 Victini

- the whole Aggron line and replace with 4 Dialga-EX

-1 Cobalion-EX (replace with 1 Aegislash-EX)

-2 Spirit Links

-2 Mega Turbo

-2 Mountain Ring (replace with 2 more Steel Shelter)

I'll have to provide more input when I get the chance I have an apt to get to.......

What should I do against 180 hp ex's?

This is my new deck list. Let me know what you think.

x1 Keldeo Ex
x4 Bronzor
x4 Bronzong
x1 Cobalion Ex
x2 Aegislash Ex
x1 Heatran
x3 Dialga Ex
16 Pokemon

x4 DCE
x8 Metal Energy
12 Energy

x3 Float Stone
x3 N
x3 Vs Seeker
x3 Sycamore
x1 Colress
x2 Lysandre
x2 Battle Compressor
x3 Ultra Ball
x1 Professor's Letter
x1 Teammates
x2 Trainers Mail
x4 Steel Shelter
x3 Muscle band
x1 Startling Megaphone
32 Trainers

We don't even know what sets will be rotated so that makes it even harder to speculate. Most people are speculating all of BW will rotate. I think there's a chance the 3 Plasma and Legendary Treasures sets might stick around for another year.

We don't even know what sets will be rotated so that makes it even harder to speculate. Most people are speculating all of BW will rotate. I think there's a chance the 3 Plasma and Legendary Treasures sets might stick around for another year.

Good point, most people think that plasma sets and black and white is going but seeing the plasma sets around for a while longer would be awesome. YA HERE THAT POKEMON!? It'd be AWESOME!

There are only Boundaries Crossed, Plasma Storm, Plasma Freeze, Plasma Blast and Legendary Treasures left for the Black and White series.

If they stick to the usual 4 or more sets, which is what almost every rotation every year has been, then we'll be losing BC, PS, PF and PB as they are the oldest of the standard sets. Anything found in Legendary Treasures would remain.  Even if this were true, there are still a lot of key cards that decks will be losing from the rotation like: Float Stone, Hypnotoxic Laser, Verbank City Gym, Keldeo-EX, Landorus-EX, Blastoise (Dulge), Virizion-EX, Genesect-EX and all the Ace-Specs just to name a few.  

But I can't see any justification to leave just Legendary Treasures as the only Black and White set still legal in standard and that's why most players strongly feel that we will be losing everything Black and White shifting the Meta strongly into XY and giving room for new creative decks to arise by removing the some of the most powerful strategies from the standard game.

There are only Boundaries Crossed, Plasma Storm, Plasma Freeze, Plasma Blast and Legendary Treasures left for the Black and White series.

If they stick to the usual 4 or more sets, which is what almost every rotation every year has been, then we'll be losing BC, PS, PF and PB as they are the oldest of the standard sets. Anything found in Legendary Treasures would remain.  Even if this were true, there are still a lot of key cards that decks will be losing from the rotation like: Float Stone, Hypnotoxic Laser, Verbank City Gym, Keldeo-EX, Landorus-EX, Blastoise (Dulge), Virizion-EX, Genesect-EX and all the Ace-Specs just to name a few.  

But I can't see any justification to leave just Legendary Treasures as the only Black and White set still legal in standard and that's why most players strongly feel that we will be losing everything Black and White shifting the Meta strongly into XY and giving room for new creative decks to arise by removing the some of the most powerful strategies from the standard game.

It would be great to see legendary treasures staying in because there are a lot of good cards there. Victini, Emboar, Reshiram, Kyurem, Mewtwo, Sigilyph, Darkrai, and Mew.

You missed the Keldeo EX reprint in legendary treasures. There are also reprints of things like Darkrai and Mewtwo so that Darkrai/Yveltal might still be a thing.

You missed the Keldeo EX reprint in legendary treasures. There are also reprints of things like Darkrai and Mewtwo so that Darkrai/Yveltal might still be a thing.

I forgot about darkrai and I mentioned mewtwo. I left out keldeo on purpose because without a float stone keldeo doesn't work too well and blastoise wont be around.

Archived