Tournament Tickets more available (what happened?)

Bobix86

Just want to ask what happened to the tournament tickets in the latest update?

Let me quote TPCi_Samhayne:

Revised Bonus Wheel and Mystery Box in 2.28.1
We are making some adjustments to the Bonus Wheel and Mystery Box to better fit into the game in light of Daily Challenges, Daily Bonus and first win of the day bonuses.  Our aim is to help players who are not winning games by putting some useful supporter cards into the Mystery Box.  For the Victor's Bonus Wheel and Victor's Mystery Box, we are making Tournament Tickets more available, which should help to keep Tournament play thriving and the place to go to obtain tradeable boosters.

How can you consider getting less tournament tickets in the victor's mystery box, making them more available? I'm baffled. Someone please get me a pikachu.

It is possible that although the number of tournament tickets in the box have unfortunately decreased, that the average availability/chance of getting tickets in the mystery box have increased :).

This may not be the case though :(, so I too would be interested to hear a developers response about how/if indeed the tournament ticket availability has been increased. 

I would prefer more token than tickets. I play 1-2 tournaments each day and still im sitting on 45 tickets.

It is possible that although the number of tournament tickets in the box have unfortunately decreased, that the average availability/chance of getting tickets in the mystery box have increased :).

This may not be the case though :(, so I too would be interested to hear a developers response about how/if indeed the tournament ticket availability has been increased. 

With a random chance of getting them in the mystery box, it still isn't enough, and certainly won't keep tournament play thriving, at least that's my impression, i was hoping they would make it 6-7 tickets when you get them in victor's mystery wheel, was unpleasantly surprised with what i encountered instead as i'm sure many players were.

I would prefer more token than tickets. I play 1-2 tournaments each day and still im sitting on 45 tickets.

Not the case with all players, for example i barely manage to accumulate 20 for the weekend to get me trough 3 tournaments and i play mostly 1-4 hours every day. I can support replacing low token slots on the victor's mystery wheel with 10 token slots but it's not mandatory for me. And this is more about a promise not being fulfilled by ptcgo, more tickets, not good for keeping players satisfied, not good at all.

Instead of raising the chance of getting tickets in the mystery box, they should perhaps make it a chance to win 2 tournaments tickets instead of 1 in the spinning wheel.

Another thing, maybe it only happened to me but I played a lot of games to complete the knockout challenge and I received  fair amount of mystery boxes. In these boxes I received only 5 coins and 15 coins rewards. I might just be unlucky but these are the only thing a I got inside aprox. 10 box. I usually get lots of different items but not this time.

What about you guys?

Since coins are used for public trades, shop and tournaments it might sounds like a good idea to let the players earn more coins without having to win 20 games per day. Some of you will surely disagree, but I believe that they should raise the number of tickets you can receive instead of the probability of getting them in the mystery box.

Oh I forgot, on the monetary perspective, they might not want the players to earn tickets faster because they would loose a source a revenue because some people are willing to pay for tournament tickets. Could be a reason why they would not be inclined to make a change...

my thoughts...feel free to disagree

Ben

you can just sign up for tournaments then concede the moment you get in.

the last place prize tournament chest has tokens in it. and on weekends the 6 ticket tournament last place gives tokens + tournament chest which has tokens in it.

altho you might as well play a fast deck, you might just win a few packs too.

so you can think of tournament tickets as at least tokens and a tradeable card.

I havent played a tournament since the long weekend and on that weekend I got my tickets down to 0. Now I've saved up 30 tickets. In that same time Ive saved up 3000 tokens. Since there isnt that much to actually buy with tokens... those 5 card packs are garbage... Id much rather more tickets. If they will give them to us.

the devs probably do a database query and see there are LOTS of tickets out there and thus tone down their generation.  but the problem is they are actually not distributed evenly.  I still have over 3000 tournament tickets built up from back when they gave them out like free candy and there were no tournaments running.  

I'd rather the devs wipe out all the current tickets (i don't mind losing my 3000 tickets) and give out tickets easier so the queues would go faster or even support more formats simultaneously.   

the devs probably do a database query and see there are LOTS of tickets out there and thus tone down their generation.  but the problem is they are actually not distributed evenly.  I still have over 3000 tournament tickets built up from back when they gave them out like free candy and there were no tournaments running.  

I'd rather the devs wipe out all the current tickets (i don't mind losing my 3000 tickets) and give out tickets easier so the queues would go faster or even support more formats simultaneously.   

No they probably dont. They probably just lowered the amount of tickets you get at once because they made them more common. What makes more sense? Having a fixed drop rate for tickets that they can set easily. Or having some complex arbitrary and incorrect way of giving out tickets, where they have to go and check the number of tickets of millions of users?

Trust me when designing anything there is a saying "keep it simple". Why make it more complex then it needs to be, when as you state yourself there would be unnecessary problems if they were limiting tickets based on the amount other players have.

Matthew is very perceptive, as this is indeed the case.

No they probably dont. They probably just lowered the amount of tickets you get at once because they made them more common. What makes more sense? Having a fixed drop rate for tickets that they can set easily. Or having some complex arbitrary and incorrect way of giving out tickets, where they have to go and check the number of tickets of millions of users?

Trust me when designing anything there is a saying "keep it simple". Why make it more complex then it needs to be, when as you state yourself there would be unnecessary problems if they were limiting tickets based on the amount other players have.

saying they probably don't is pretty similar to saying they probably do depending on how you break down your 'probable' lol.

but in the software industry and especially the gaming industry, people like to run things on metrics, to support any arbitrary designs.  thats why splunk IPO'ed and there are so many metrics companies.  anyway, it is not inconceivable that a possible reason for lowering tickets is after seeing that there are too much outstanding tickets.  

and if you don't think it's simple to get an average value from ur db, then you have issues with your processes or data or whatever.  i wouldn't be shocked if they had daily reports of all the stats and metrics from their data and logs.  and i don't see what would be wrong with saying, hey if u see too many tickets that doesn't mean we should lower it.

but a staff has already mentioned they didn't lower total drops, so its all moot.  

Matthew is very perceptive, as this is indeed the case.

I assumed what matthew wrote, and, this might sound like whining but anyway, i'm fairly convinced that increasing the "chance" of getting tournament tickets while decreasing the quantity isn't gonna help tournament play thriving but the opposite, i can only speak of my case but since the update iv'e noticed that i actually get less total tournament points, to tell you the truth, i was more probable to get tournament tickets b4 this refinement, now i seem to get almost only coins and rarely tickets, and i'm not 100% sure, but i think i haven't seen a booster pack from the victor's mystery box since the update.

But i'll stop there since you guys are adding more reward features.

God knows on what factors there reward wheel works. It is your luck if you get anything good from the wheel and i really agree 4 Tickets from mystery box was far much better than 2-3 Tickets . And they  decreased the chances of getting more tourney tickets and by the way why they have added 3 slots for 5 Tokens on the wheel . Please for god sake replace it with a box or a tourney ticket.

God know on what factors there reward wheel works. It is your luck if you get anything good from the wheel and i really agree 4 Tickets from mystery box was far much better than 2-3 Tickets . And they gave decreased the chances of getting more tourney tickets and by the way why they have added 3 slots for 5 Tokens on the wheel . Please for god sake replace it with a box or a tourney ticket.

Agree, replacing slots on victor's wheel which give less than 10 tokens with tourney tickets at least would be so much better for tournament play.

my speculation is that they are dialing the prize wheel back a bit to add in the new versus point reward system.  I've just logged 45 winner wheel spins with no 10packs.  so the higher probability of less amount of tournament tickets change is definitely affecting overall reward giving.  

but lets face it, unless an objective reason is offered for why one thinks they should get more rewards that makes sense from the PERSPECTIVE OF THE DEVS.  not much is added to the discussion to just want more rewards.  That is sort of a given.  I am 100% sure that they know people will complain if they dial it back and be 'happy' if they dial it up, but they do have an entire economy and ecosystem to think about.

my speculation is that they are dialing the prize wheel back a bit to add in the new versus point reward system.  I've just logged 45 winner wheel spins with no 10packs.  so the higher probability of less amount of tournament tickets change is definitely affecting overall reward giving.  

but lets face it, unless an objective reason is offered for why one thinks they should get more rewards that makes sense from the PERSPECTIVE OF THE DEVS.  not much is added to the discussion to just want more rewards.  That is sort of a given.  I am 100% sure that they know people will complain if they dial it back and be 'happy' if they dial it up, but they do have an entire economy and ecosystem to think about.

Based on the results i see (both your's and mine) they didn't dial the prize wheel back a little but a lot, i can say that tokens are almost the only thing i can hope for right now.

You are right saying what's given is given and we have no choice but to accept it, but my objective reason would be that, unlike what TPCi_Samhayne wrote, this isn't gonna make the tournaments thriving imo, my results getting tickets from the victors mystery box so far have been same as before, even worse now that the amount is lowered. Well, now i need to play tournament for tickets and that means giving up on buying packs in store, i could find even that acceptable if it wasn't for the 49 token fee, 30 would be ok, considering that playing vs for about 5 hours today i managed to get only 470 tokens.

One question, how many tickets did you manage to get today? Because i managed to get only 4 from playing vs 5 hrs.

The new prize wheel and mystery box is kinda of disappointing. It has become much less enjoyable to complete an entire match just to see yourself get 5 tokens. The mystery box now seems to give me only 2 tickets when i win. No more packs or tokens. This update has just been more of let down than something to look forward to. I believe that Pokemon should bring back the old prize wheel and instead of adding an extra 5 token spot, they should add a 100 token spot for winning.

Ok it's been nearly 2 weeks since the update and i want to share my results regarding prizes and why i think it should be reverted.

1. So far gotten no booster pack whatsoever from victor's mb.
2. Got 4-5 times tickets from victor's mb total during these 2 weeks.
3. Noticed that i get far less mb on victor's wheel (is the 2nd slot even working?).
4. Rest only tokens, and even this hasn't been a big boom, but an increase, yeah.

Now i know i'm repeating myself, but we (at least i), didn't get what TPCi_Samhayne wrote, i'm still stuck on being able to play only 2-3, 6 ticket tournaments on weekend while playing, let's say moderately for 5 days, so i can't count on many packs from tournaments, now i can't even count much (if any) on booster packs from vs, so i'm left with shop and dailies.

That's my reasons. Hope ppl post their results, as i'd like to know, am i the only one....

Well we can't do anything in this matter now , reward wheel is completely random and they have not improved wheel rewards till yet . Even i asked them to replace one 5 token slot with 1 tournament ticket slot because i was landing on that slot in many games and i am not getting any promos from wheel as well and rarely got any boosters. I don't worry about others what they get or don't get but i have not received any good from wheel so far .

Well we can't do anything in this matter now , reward wheel is completely random and they have not improved wheel rewards till yet . Even i asked them to replace one 5 token slot with 1 tournament ticket slot because i was landing on that slot in many games and i am not getting any promos from wheel as well and rarely got any boosters. I don't worry about others what they get or don't get but i have not received any good from wheel so far .

Not so sure we can't do anything, we're playing the game and any changes affect us, and mods wrote numerous times that they value our input, as long as our input is honest and relevant, they just might listen. Good idea on replacing 5 token with tournament ticket btw, now that might get tournament play thriving, i'd be happy to get that at least, since not getting boosters from victor's mb is bad enough, i'd at least be getting tickets to try getting them in tournaments.

I think its even harder now to farm token than before....

Idk, don't "farm" them, i just get them trough regular play in case you meant that.

Still they aren't hard to get at least for me, as they're almost the only thing i do get from vs. What's hard to get are tickets and boosters, painfully hard since the update.

I think its even harder now to farm token than before....

I'm finding it more difficult to obtain tokens through battle than before also. Due the the fact that it's increased odds of landing 1 tournament ticket on wheel, the resulting tokens from that spot is only 1 token. I'm finding I'm quite often landing on 1 token. I've had a high percentage of tradeable packs from the mystery box though it's very rare I land on it which also results in 1 token for the win. Overall I'm finding that I have to spend alot more time battling with my best decks just to keep my token count up. I lately haven't had time to chit chat and/or experiment with new deck ideas. This game is beginning to lose its sparkle for me :(

Idk, don't "farm" them, i just get them trough regular play in case you meant that.

Still they aren't hard to get at least for me, as they're almost the only thing i do get from vs. What's hard to get are tickets and boosters, painfully hard since the update.

I'm experiencing the opposite of what you're experiencing :/

I'm experiencing the opposite of what you're experiencing :/

That's bad for both of us, with your 96% completion and my 34% completion, i need more packs and i'm guessing you need more tokens. It's getting easy for me to accumulate tokens, almost 1k in about 3-4 days moderate play, i guess i'm gonna save them in case they add some good bundles in shop (unleashed and such), unless i feel like i need more new cards to keep winning.

Archived