[GENERAL] Login - Attempts to log in result in "Cannot connect to server" error message

xxdandanxx

hi I have the same think with the refresher I redownload the game and uninstall and reinstaal nothing work when I try to connect I get message "Cant Conect to server"

now when I try to log I get message the conection lost with the server

Hi there!

First, please make sure you're playing on a stable internet connection and close any background programs that could be taking up resources or interfering with your connection. Please also fully exit out of the login screen and launch the program again.

If you continue to experience this issue after trying the above, some users have reported that similar issues have been solved by performing any outstanding Windows or Java updates and restarting their computer. We recommend that you try this.

Again, if this doesn't work, this may be a port forwarding issue. There are three ports that must be opened for the game to work: 8181, 5222 and 39389. 39389 is the "gateway" port that the client connects to momentarily to get information on which connection servers are available and their IP addresses. 8181 is the port that the client makes a dedicated connection to in order to play the game. 5222 is the port that connects to the chat server. If you're unsure of how to check if these ports are open, we recommend using your preferred search engine to search for "(Name of router/modem) port forwarding".

Additionally, please make sure that the game isn't being blocked by your firewall. If it is, you can add it to your list of allowed programs. Specifically, we recommend adding these files as exceptions:
  • Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe
  • Refresher.exe

Thanks for your patience, and I hope this was helpful! :)

Hi, i have same problem too. I opened all the ports, the firewall does not block anything, authentication comes to 14%, then an error: "The server you specified is unavailable. Please check your internet connection and try again". Please help me(((

I have been having a problem tonight. It has never happened before. Last time I played there were no issues, so I don't know why this is suddenly happening. When I click the icon to start my game up it pulls up the page normally and starts to load, but an error message is popping up that states "Could not connect to server"

I have looked for a reason this may be happening, but I haven't found anything. Help???

Hi , why dont you download new client from pokemon website and try uninstalling and reinstalling the game i am sure that it will possibly solve your problem but if not then there must be some problem with internet connection like :

• Your Internet connection is not stable (frequent disconnection)
  • Your Internet is giving very slow download speed.

Try to check your internet connection for any problem otherwise wait for any mod here to help you :)

As Aniketdianafury said, Have you tried reinstalling the game? There is a good chance that will fix the issue that you are describing. If you haven't reinstalled as of yet, I would recommend trying that. 

• 2 months later...

Hello!

In that case, you can submit a support ticket for further investigation by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question". Please note that posting in threads that have been inactive for more than 14 days is not permitted. This is in order to maintain organization and prevent confusion within the forums.

As such, I'll be closing this thread. Thanks for your understanding!

Archived