[MAC] Login - Attempting to log into the game shows maintenance messaging while server is online

Violet30767

I just downloaded pokémon tcgo on my mac, I logged in and it said the game was under maintenance, but on the title page it said that the servers were online. If the game is really under maintenance, how long will it last?

Please help, I want to start playing tcgo as soon as possible. Thanks!  :)  :)  :)

Hello Violet30767,

If you have played previously on your Mac, you will need to uninstall your current game, download the new installer from the Download Page and re-install.  The new version of the Mac installer fixes some issues with patching and should patch up correctly without having to uninstall and reinstall in the future.

If you just downloaded today and tried to play and are getting a maintenance message, that is likely because your Mac cannot talk to the game server, so it thinks that the game is down or in maintenance.  Likely this is due to a networking issue or firewall that is blocking traffic that that game on your Mac needs to be able to communicate to the game server.  More information about the specific network ports that need to be opened can be found on the Pokemon Support Website.

If you need more assistance, please follow the link above or in my signature to the support website and enter a question with the details of what is happening.  I hope that is helpful!

Receiving that message means that you client cannot connect and talk to the game server.  I would recommend troubleshooting your network.  It could be that something with your ISP is not allowing game traffic to reach the server.  Currently, there are thousands of other players successfully connecting and playing.

Archived