[GENERAL] Login - Cannot log into game due to "Invalid Username/Password" error and then too many log-in attempts

BossJunioR

This evening I tried to log in, it says my password was wrong, while all my log in details are filled in and marked automaticly..

Put in details again and let me log in, once again , marked for auto-log-in

Next hour, same problem but this time it says I had to many tries getting onto my account..

Anyone else got this problem last few hours? Is it known by customer service?

Yes, this has happened to me in a different way. It seems that I didn't verify my email account for the PTCGO, so I tried to resend the verification email. It has failed to come to the email that I registered with 2 weeks ago and now I can't play PTGCO. I tried to log in with my regular Pokemon account (Slaco1234_)  and it gave me a fresh account. It also said that I was trying too many times to get on my account. Who can I email to help me with this problem?

Same here, updated my iPad application and says the same

That's because, currently, the game is in maintanince, so nobody is allowed in the game. Don't worry, you aren't bugged :)

That's because, currently, the game is in maintanince, so nobody is allowed in the game. Don't worry, you aren't bugged :)

Thank you for letting me know, basically just wait till the updates are done completing? around what time do you think it should be accessible again?

Thank you for letting me know, basically just wait till the updates are done completing? around what time do you think it should be accessible again?

The game is up now! You may install :)

Hi BossJunioR!

Are you still experiencing this issue? Have you tried logging into pokemon.com? Does that work? If so, please try changing your password and logging in to the game client once more.

Let us know if that helps. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried resetting my Password more times than I can count on both hands, each time it comes up with Invalid Username/Password on the OTCG, even though those details let me log into pokemon.com just fine. I tried re-installing the game to see if that would help but to no avail, and my friend is having the same issue! I don't feel like making a brand new account as my VGC Tournament points are registered on this one, can anyone help?

Hi DiscordedMuffin,

Please give it another try. If it still does not work, please contact Customer Support by clicking the link in my signature.

Thanks!

Hi! when I try to enter my Account the display shows only the back . I reinstall game and nothing happens.

I try in differents PCs, and all presents the same error .

I think is my account because my brother can log.

TY

(My English is very bad...)

Hi,

cant login as well. It says invalid Username/password.

Like the other guys here, my details are prelogged, so its definetely not the case that I put in the wrong username/password.

Can someone help here ? Dunno what to do :(

Hi all, 

Another solution might be to clear your cache and cookies. The method for this varies by browser but it can be found with search engine and has helped in similar situations. Once the cache is cleared, try resetting your password again.

If you're still not able to get in after clearing your cache and resetting, I would contact the Support Team with your issue and tell them what you've tried. They'll be able to give more in-depth technical assistance.

You can contact the Support Team through support.pokemon.com and clicking "Ask a question"

I hope this info was helpful!

Hi all, 

Another solution might be to clear your cache and cookies. The method for this varies by browser but it can be found with search engine and has helped in similar situations. Once the cache is cleared, try resetting your password again.

If you're still not able to get in after clearing your cache and resetting, I would contact the Support Team with your issue and tell them what you've tried. They'll be able to give more in-depth technical assistance.

You can contact the Support Team through support.pokemon.com and clicking "Ask a question"

I hope this info was helpful!

Seems like you misunderstood, the problem isn't with the site/forum log in, problem occurs when you try to log into the game. This has also happened to me more times than i can count, but i don't need to reset my password to get in, i just retype it and i can log in again, weird but true, also checked to automatically save password like folks above. Have had this problem since i started playing (about the beginning of this year) and hope the devs could take a look at this problem, it happens randomly, not often though.

Archived