Help on my first complete PTCGO deck

Yoshida20

so guys, i have been playing ptcgo for a couple months, first more casually just beating the AI to grind packs. with my ~45 first packs that i got beating the trainers challange i had some neat water cards ( basically 1 deludge blastoise and 1 keldeoEX) and made my first deck. it was really weak at first, spent the last month trying to get the cards to make it better on tournments / prize weel and now i think its pretty decent, can win against most people and a couple tournments. I was hoping to see any coments about the deck from people more experienced than me, guess this is the most i can think on how to improve it!

here is the deck: ******************************

@edit oh seems like i cant post a screenshot, gonna post the deck the hardway

-- My deck --

Pokemon (16)

2x Keldeo EX

2x Kyogre EX (giant whirlpool)

1x Primal Kyogre EX

2x Mudkip

1x Marshstomp

2x Swampert (diving search)

2x Squirtle

1x Wartortle

2x Blastoise ( deludge)

1x Suicune

Trainers (26)

2x Acro bike ( want to put 2 more)

3x Dive ball 

2x Energy retrieval

1x Escape rope

1x Professor letter

2x Rare Candy

2x VS Seeker

1x Lysander trump card

2x "N"

1x Pokemon fan club

4x Professor sycamore

1x Skyla ( looking to put another one)

3x Rough seas

1x Float stone

Energy ( 18 ) 

16 x water energy

2x double cololress energy

oh and while i am looking for 2 more acro bike and 1 skyla i need to think what can i drop out of the deck to make space to them, its getting harder every time ._.

thanks in advance!

ps - the print was bugged, the first white card is pokemon fan club, and the one with 3 cards is professor sycamore

I will definitely not try to go with 2 stage 2 evolution line, but if you like that, it's ok. You need more dive ball, korrina (if you don't have skyla), and lysandre. Oh you need a spirit link too. Your deck is super weak to grass deck, so you may need reshiram. And 18 energy is CRAZY, should only be 14

tnx for the tips, i reduced the energys to 15 water type and 1 double colorless - it does feel i have less energy tought but i can play arround it.

with the 3 new slots i put 2 more acro bikes and 1 skyla ( totalizing 4 bikes and 2 skyla), took out scape rope and professor letter ( with the float stone keldeo o dont need scape rope, and with acro bikes i dont need professor letter, the retrival are enough) to put 1 kyogre spirit link and 1 lysander. really think improved, i am really liking have a deck with 2 cores, 1 being blastoise + keldeo and the other being swampert + kyogre, and they help eachother. of course there are the drawbacks of having 2 stage 2 but i guess its fine playing arround it.

the deck got alot better, and yeah grass decks **** me alot, what reshiram you talking about? does it need a fire energy to work? tnx man!

The outrage reshiram of course. 2 colorless for that attack. I know that you like deluge blastoise but the alpha growth ability make kyogre and swampert a beast even without blastoise. I would recommend you put out the blastoise line for 1 swampert and 1 mudkip. The blastoise is only good for the deck that need massive energy for attack like huntail blastoise or black kyurem blastoise

Well I battled the same deck with a different Player. But He was out of energies at one moment and hence i won. So do take care of that deck ! I don't know who the player was but we battled in PVP !

so guys, i have been playing ptcgo for a couple months, first more casually just beating the AI to grind packs. with my ~45 first packs that i got beating the trainers challange i had some neat water cards ( basically 1 deludge blastoise and 1 keldeoEX) and made my first deck. it was really weak at first, spent the last month trying to get the cards to make it better on tournments / prize weel and now i think its pretty decent, can win against most people and a couple tournments. I was hoping to see any coments about the deck from people more experienced than me, guess this is the most i can think on how to improve it!

-- My deck --

Pokemon (16)

2x Keldeo EX

1x Primal Kyogre EX

2x Mudkip

1x Marshstomp

2x Squirtle

1x Wartortle

2x Blastoise ( deludge)

1x Suicune

Trainers (26)

3x Dive ball 

2x Energy retrieval

1x Escape rope

1x Professor letter

2x Rare Candy

2x VS Seeker

1x Lysander trump card

2x "N"

1x Pokemon fan club

4x Professor sycamore

3x Rough seas

1x Float stone

Energy ( 18 ) 

16 x water energy

oh and while i am looking for 2 more acro bike and 1 skyla i need to think what can i drop out of the deck to make space to them, its getting harder every time ._.

thanks in advance!

ps - the print was bugged, the first white card is pokemon fan club, and the one with 3 cards is professor sycamore

From your original list,

here are my recommendations, which you can try out if u wish :)

+1 primal kyogre EX

+1 squirtle

+1 blastoise

-1 marshtomp

+1 dive ball

+1 superior energy retrieval

+2 Rare candy

+2 kyogre spirit links

+1 floatstone

+2 B.Observation

+2 skyla

+1 lysandre

-1 lysandre trump card

-1 escape rope

-2 energy retrieval

-1 Fan club

-5 water energies

-4 acro bike

The list will be according to my style of play .. hence the featured recommendations.

Each player may have some unique style, so you may do all, few, or none of the suggested alterations. Perfectly normal.

Also note, the suggestions have been made by keeping a working picture of the deck in mind. Actual results and modifications to perfect the deck will have to be understood using testing it out a lot in PVP battles and noting the shortcomings .. after giving the deck a few chances

From your original list,

here are my recommendations, which you can try out if u wish :)

+1 primal kyogre EX

+1 squirtle

+1 blastoise

-1 marshtomp

+1 dive ball

+1 superior energy retrieval

+2 Rare candy

+2 kyogre spirit links

+1 floatstone

+2 B.Observation

+2 skyla

+1 lysandre

-1 lysandre trump card

-1 escape rope

-2 energy retrieval

-1 Fan club

-5 water energies

-4 acro bike

The list will be according to my style of play .. hence the featured recommendations.

Each player may have some unique style, so you may do all, few, or none of the suggested alterations. Perfectly normal.

Also note, the suggestions have been made by keeping a working picture of the deck in mind. Actual results and modifications to perfect the deck will have to be understood using testing it out a lot in PVP battles and noting the shortcomings .. after giving the deck a few chances

tnx alot for the reply! yeah i agree with you, improving the deck is hard! i will try changing some cards with the one you mentioned. thanks again man!

-- My deck --

Pokemon (16)

2x Keldeo EX

1x Primal Kyogre EX

2x Mudkip

1x Marshstomp

2x Squirtle

1x Wartortle

2x Blastoise ( deludge)

1x Suicune

Trainers (26)

3x Dive ball 

2x Energy retrieval

1x Escape rope

1x Professor letter

2x Rare Candy

2x VS Seeker

1x Lysander trump card

2x "N"

1x Pokemon fan club

4x Professor sycamore

3x Rough seas

1x Float stone

Energy ( 18 ) 

16 x water energy

thanks in advance!

Dude if you would like i have a code for Rayquaza- Ex Box ill give it to you for free i don't have much use for it since i can't download the game anyway. :(  So if you want it add me as a friend an PM me so i can give you the code! :)

Dude if you would like i have a code for Rayquaza- Ex Box ill give it to you for free i don't have much use for it since i can't download the game anyway. :(  So if you want it add me as a friend an PM me so i can give you the code! :)

if you are not gonna use it yes i would be interested! but seems i cant pm you :( 

if you are not gonna use it yes i would be interested! but seems i cant pm you :(

Sure you have email then?

hm i dont quite use this forum so i dont know, but i dont think anyone is viewing this page right now so you can post it here, or add me on skype idk :P

hm i dont quite use this forum so i dont know, but i dont think anyone is viewing this page right now so you can post it here, or add me on skype idk :P

Ok ill post it here make sure you qrite it down i will get rid of the post in ten minutes pleas PM if you have any problems :) The code is:

got it! tnx

Welcome! :) Tell me what you get! I might buy another pack/Tin/Box next week too! So i'll give you one next week too :)

Welcome! :) Tell me what you get! I might buy another pack/Tin/Box next week too! So i'll give you one next week too :)

it says i can only redeen the code on  june 1, so tomorrow i tell you haha

Welcome! :) Tell me what you get! I might buy another pack/Tin/Box next week too! So i'll give you one next week too :)

you are giving away code? Can i have some?

A Deck Help thread isn't the place to give away codes (Which is already illegal to do so in the first place, according to forum rules.), so please, stop with the code distribution.

Yes!!! Another Blastoise/Keldeo player!

This is the first real deck I landed on and my favorite deck to this day. My build is all in on Keldeo EX with 4 copies and 3x Squirtle/Blastoise. I skip Wartortle and just run 3x Dive Ball and 3x Rare Candy (it's been incredibly consistent). So I don't get blown out by Grass decks (i.e. VirgGen and Eeveelution/Leafeon) I run a single Weakness Policy and 2 MewTwo EX. Skyla ***) helps me find the pieces I need. Other Pokemon include 2x Suicune. That's it for the Pokemon. Then I load up on Trainers and draw support. The other critical elements needed are 3x Rough Seas to keep Keldeos longer and 5 energy retrievals (mix between superior and regular).

Overall it's been an amazing deck. If you get Blastoise online early you can blow out your opponent incredibly fast. It also has a resilient late game. I've had several games where I just couldn't get Squirtle evolved and spent the bulk of the game rushing in Keldeos with a Rough Seas in play and healing alternately to keep alive until I could get the Blastoise power load up and running.

There are a few slots open for personal preference and I put Pokemon Center Lady, Lysandre (2x), Lysandre's Trump Card (for Night March, well until the ban takes effect) in there. I'm thinking about Greninja EX as my Night March tech post-ban – just shooting down the night marchers on the bench so Mew EX has nothing to copy Night March off of. Greninja EX is also a nice foil for when people throw a Suicune/Sigilyph or other wall in your way. Just a personal fave of mine from when I first started playing. I had float stone at one point but removed it. Retreating and retrieving the energy works just fine. Oh, and I only run water energy. no DCE – it's doesn't provide any significant value over basic water.

I started playing in January and I've got over 270 wins in random battles with the deck and a bunch of gold and silver trophies from tournaments. So yeah, it works for me and it's fun to play. I am even building the paper version of the deck. That's how much I like it. Hope this helps you. GLHF.

Archived