[CARD] Scizor (Boundaries Crossed #94) - The effect of the Steel Slash attack is removed when Scizor retreats

CactuarLOL

Hey there,

For your kind of information this is not a bug at all . When scizor was active , he used steel slash which prevents all damage to him by opponent's any pokemon-EX during his next turn. But the effect only remains till the pokemon (scizor) is active . If by any means scizor is switched with any other benched pokemon then naturally the effect of steel slash ends.Your darkrai did correct damage so don't worry this is not a bug at all . Hope other members will clarify it much better then me :)

Thanks

Where did you get the information that the effect ends when the pokemon is switched out?

There are other cards with similar attacks that clearly state that the effect of the attack is only active while the pokemon is active, Scizor's 'Steel Slash' makes no such mention of it ending when it is switched out or only being in effect while scizor is active..

Steel Slash - 40

During your opponent's next turn, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from Pokemon-EX.

Diamond Force - 100
During your opponent's next turn, prevent all damage done to each of your Pokémon from your opponent's Pokémon-EX. (If this Pokémon is no longer your Active Pokémon, this effect ends.)

Notice the attacks are similar in their effect but Diamond Force specifically mentions the effect ending if the Pokemon is no longer your active Pokemon.

I cant seem to find any official ruling on this other then what the cards actually say, the closest thing I have seen is for Poison/Burn/Paralyze/Confusion/Sleep but makes no mention of other effects ending.

If anybody is able to find an official ruling then please share, otherwise i'll just go on what the cards actually say and how they act as being a bug.

Hey there,

Diamond force have different aspects , you can see that it prevents damage done to each of your pokemon by opponent's pokemon EX but if diancie is switched by any means (using lysandre or catcher) then it will confuse the player that how pokemon-EX can now deal damage . It was specially mentioned for M diancie so that players may not get confused with diamond force attack. As you are not able to get my answer , i would recommend you to wait for any mod to post a solution to your problem asap .

So the "no longer your Active Pokémon, this effect ends" text was put in on Diamond Force because it would confuse players if the Pokemon was switched out with Lysander or Catcher, and it wasn't put on Steel Slash because it... Umm? 

I'm not sure where you got that information from but it doesn't seem to make much sense, If you could link to the source where it was said that was the reason for putting the text on Diamond Force and not Steel Slash, or the official ruling as to where that was said then please do as I have been searching around all night. :)

I'll be happy to agree with anyone who can give an official source in regards to the correct ruling, be it a staff member or a regular user.

Edit: Page 12; http://assets23.pokemon.com/assets/cms2-en-uk/pdf/trading-card-game/rulebook/xy5-rulebook-en.pdf

When your Active Pokémon goes to your Bench (whether it retreated or got there some other way), some things do go away—Special Conditions and any effects from attacks.

Had to find it myself in the end, they should make this a lot clearer, And to the dude trying to 'help', Hopefully that link will help you in the future to back up your posts.

Archived