[CARD] Focus Sash (Furious Fists #91) - This card is not preventing all Knock Outs

Hi-

In two games today, a Pokemon was knocked out by damage with a Focus Sash still attached. The scenarios were very different (one knocked out by an EX, one was a Stage 1 Ancient Trait Pokemon. I've never heard of any ruling that would prevent the Focus Sash from working as long as it's attached. Happy to be corrected on that, but I hope if I'm right, the bug gets fixed.

Thanks.

SharKing319

I feel the need to post this reminder that the Focus Sash card only prevents a KO if the holder has no damage counters on it and is Fighting-type.

Edited by SharKing319
Deathsharky

Yes. Focus sash only prevents a 1HKO. Another scenario would be ancient trait Banette that would effectively make tools to be not working when they are attached to a pokemon

SharKing319

Another scenario would be ancient trait Banette that would effectively make tools to be not working when they are attached to a pokemon

Actually, that's the not-Ancient Trait Banette.

Deathsharky

Actually, that's the not-Ancient Trait Banette.

Oops. Yeah that was just the normal Banette. I was just thinking at the back of my mind.

Aniketdianafury

Hey there,

Focus Sash only works when your pokemon is having full HP and if by any means your opponent's pokemon deal any OHKO attack then focus sash will come in effect and your pokemon will be left with 10 HP . But if your pokemon is already having any damage counters or if it is poisened then the focus sash effect will completey negate. If AT banetter (RoS) is in play then focus sash will be useless,

Mod_Poplar

Hey there!

Great job with the explanations, Trainers! :) Just to confirm, Seodor, were you interpreting the card incorrectly? Is it working for you as described in this thread?