SwampertAT fiery friends?

Brio97

As the title suggests, i want to find some good fire monsters to counter grass monsters. The monsters i have thought of so far are flareon, charizard ex cb, pyroar, and magma camerupt. Pls give me suggestion of what i should use. Feel free to add your own idea as i may not know all the cards :)

I mean, Reshiram? That's not much in the Fire department. Maybe a better question is what grass types are giving you trouble?

I mean, Reshiram? That's not much in the Fire department. Maybe a better question is what grass types are giving you trouble?

I have thought about reshi but it is so inactive (must have damage on it to have a good atk). Well, since grass is weakness of most monsters in swampert deck, i have a really big trouble with vir-gen and exeggutor :(

If you're having trouble with those, play Reshiram and Head ringer.

Virizion puts at least 50 on Reshiram (50+20×2=140) setting both up for OHKOs. Prize exchange plays out in your favor.

Genesect (Head Ringer preferred, since Muscle Band+ Deoxys EX is an OHKO on Reshiram, or Muscle Band without Deoxys EX can also work) is always an OHKO.

Eggs is small damage at a time, so you should be able to KO a few Eggs in time for your attack.

Another part of the way to beat these decks is to hit them where it hurts: their item cards. Think about it, V/G relies on Tools and search cards to get set up, and most of Eggs is item cards. You may be able to squeeze out a few wins if you're able to play against these decks intellegently.

If you're having trouble with those, play Reshiram and Head ringer.

Virizion puts at least 50 on Reshiram (50+20×2=140) setting both up for OHKOs. Prize exchange plays out in your favor.

Genesect (Head Ringer preferred, since Muscle Band+ Deoxys EX is an OHKO on Reshiram, or Muscle Band without Deoxys EX can also work) is always an OHKO.

Eggs is small damage at a time, so you should be able to KO a few Eggs in time for your attack.

Another part of the way to beat these decks is to hit them where it hurts: their item cards. Think about it, V/G relies on Tools and search cards to get set up, and most of Eggs is item cards. You may be able to squeeze out a few wins if you're able to play against these decks intellegently.

what do you suggest for item lock?

what do you suggest for item lock?

Against V/G? I'd go with a soft lock (Disruption cards like Head Ringer, Hammers, Lysandre, etc), as the two most popular Item lockers (Trevenant XY and Seismitoad EX) both don't do too well against V/G. It's in your best interest, against V/G to mess with their setup (Lysandreing Genesect or Jirachi EX before Virizion is set up, or hammering off their energy, etc.)

Against Exeggcutor, Lysandre's Trump Card and Seismitoad EX can make that deck cry. No more Battle Compressor to search out the eggs and no more easily accessible eggs anymore.

Which of the two do you play against more? V/G or Eggs?

Well, i think i prefer ghetsis and flareon. What do you think of them?

If that's the route you like then make sure to pack a ton of Pokemon for your Journey! Would you like a sample list? If so, what would you like the focus to be on, Flareon or Swampert?

Archived