Trade filter - Hide specific users

MegaCrusher

I'm not sure if this has ever been brought up but it would be nice to be able to hide trade offers from specific users in public trade.  I recognize some names that I always see that offer ridiculous trades trying to rip other players off. These are usually the same people spamming the public trade. I would like to click to not see trade offers made from that player anymore.

In my mind it would be a tab with a list of players that we ignore trades from and we could write notes to ourselves as to why we decided to ignore them but also be able unignore them in the future or if we accidentally flagged them as ignore but did not mean to.  The flagging mechanism would happen on the public trade window and there would be a pop up asking if we were sure we wanted to no longer see trades from that user. 

I'm fairly sure this has been suggested in the past, and it was decided either that it wasn't practical... or it was passed onto the developers but never actually implemented. :)

Would be interesting to see if they did introduce a feature like this, as I guess it wouldn't be that different to the way that you can block receiving players messages in the chat etc. so it doesn't seem an implausible suggestion to me.

Interested to hear what other people think about this suggestion! :)

Hi MegaCrusher,

This has been suggested in the past, but you've got a unique take on it so I'll go ahead and send you suggestion to the Dev team. :) In the meantime, your thread will remain open for discussion.

Thanks for your input!

I think this is a great suggestion and the implementation is perfect, as long as the developers find time to implement it. Thumbs up from me!  ;)

This is a great suggestion! :) plus one on this.

I was also wondering since I think it is related to this, if public trade offers can change their background color once it has been reported. This way you can avoid clicking on certain offers or add these users in your block list. :)

I have to agree, some times I have seen a player post 100+ trades for one card, usually muscle band and I'm almost tempted to trade them away just so they'll stop spamming.

Archived