[PC] Graphics - Black boxes display at login screen

Kipakipa

So first off, I use a Hp notebook laptop, windows 8.1 

I had pokemon tcg for awhile, and played it just fine, no issues whatsoever

then one day after an update it would get to the main menu but icons and images would be gone, and i couldnt click anything

so today i finally got around to uninstalling and reinstalling the game

Now whenever i load it, it starts up, it shows the guy on the left and the girl on the right

there will be big boxes, all black, behnd them , the words at the bottom are even black boxes, 

then eventually they become the little rays of light, and it just stays there, nothing happens

(i would add pictures if i knew how too, i have them so if someone can tell me how to add pictures i will)

further, it has two invisible buttons down at the bottom, that light up when i mouse over their invisible places

i assume one is log in

the other is forgot username bc when i click it it sends me to the forgot username page on this site

when i click the top one it then shows four white arrows that when i click they make a click noise but then nothing happens

I'm not sure what else i can do? I just really want to play again..

Hi there,

The solutions that typically resolve this issue are:

1. Update your video drivers (download the newest for your graphics card from the manufacturer's website).

2. Force Full Screen / Windowed Mode by pressing ALT + ENTER on your keyboard.

Hope it helps!

Hi there,

1. Update your video drivers (download the newest for your graphics card from the manufacturer's website).

Hope it helps!

I tried the force full screen and it worked! thank you

Hey there!

So glad to hear that this resolved your issue! :) I'll be closing this thread now. Please feel free to create a new thread or submit a ticket via the link in my signature if you need assistance with anything else!

Since about last week/two weeks ago i have been trying to download and play the Pokemon TCGO on my laptop (Windows 8) but every time I have downloaded the game, it wont let me sign in/play. These black boxes appear around the animations and around the text boxes and the 'bubbles'? at the bottom of the screen (I cant see what they are), and whenever i hover my mouse over the 'bubbles' the black boxes disappear and leave me with a blank screen. I can click those 'bubbles' and it takes me to another screen that is blank. I cannot even click the 'X' in the corner. I cannot find a way to fix this, i have uninstalled and reinstalled about 5 times, I have ran as an administrator, and i have tried to repair the files.

Also make sure your windows, anti-virus and graphics drivers are up to date. Not updating these is known to cause problems with the client.  :)

Hello ThatTilerGuy,

The issue is likely with the device drivers for your video hardware.  If you haven't already tried, please update them.  Click here for more information.

Also, as The_Iron_bat mentions above, we did put out a new client today, so be sure to patch up.  You'll still need to update your video drivers though - regardless of the client.

Hi there!

So glad to hear that this was resolved for you. :) I'll be closing this thread then. Please feel free to create a new thread or submit a ticket via the link in my signature if you come across any other issues, have any questions, or need assistance with anything else.

Thanks for playing!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, so I wanted to replay this game for a while. You see, I actualy played this game when it first came out, via in-game browser. The thing that made me quit was that I couldn't access my account and thus I gave up on the website until recently when I decided to get rid of my older accounts for this new one, and I decided to play the tgc online. However when I downloaded the game and tried to start it up, most of the textures we're replaced with black boxes. Not only that, but places where I thought text would be, was nowhere to be found. If anyone can help me with this issue, that would be most apreciated.

The title says it, what to do? I already reinstalled the game but it still happens, i will appreciate help 

Hey Everyone! I've been playing Pokemon TCG online for a while now and I've been enjoying it until recently. Whenever I try to play, there are either black squares or the layout is missing something. It's quite hard for me to explain so I've got a link that'll take you to images of what I'm on about. If anyone could help me, I'd be very grateful.

Link: ************************

If you haven't played in a while and you are seeing a "black screen" when trying to play, that may be indication that your video drivers are out of date. Our most recent client version of the game requires more recent video drivers to function. More info about updating your video drivers can be found on the Pokemon Support Website.

After you update your video drivers, some players have reported that they needed to uninstall and reinstall the game client for it to work with the new drivers.

Also, some players have reported that entering fullscreen mode via Alt + Enter (for PC) or Command + Enter (for Mac) have resolved this issue as well.

If you need more assistance please visit pokemon.com/support. 

Hi lol,

Please try to force Full Screen / Windowed Mode by pressing ALT + ENTER on your keyboard (Windows). If you are using a Mac, press COMMAND + ENTER.

Thanks!

for some reason when i open my game the login screen dose shwo any pictures the boxes are not showing up heres the screenshot *************************

I just downloaded the client and installed it and when the i guess it's the login screen shows up i dont see no texboxes no drop down boxes and when it does load up the first time some graphics come up black and then fill in but nothing is showing

Hi there,

1. Update your video drivers (download the newest for your graphics card from the ************** website).

Hope it helps

The Force Full Screen worked thank you much

The log-in screen is bugged and often black when I boot up the game, but when I manage to get through I'm met with this:  [Content removed - posting links to websites other than official Pokémon sites is not permitted. -Mod. Poplar] (shame you can't post an image or link...)

I can't click on anything or do anything. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Hi Mikzal,

I've merged your thread with another thread regarding black boxes on the login screen. Please see past Moderator replies for some assistance with that. :)

Regarding your second issue, posting links to websites other than official Pokémon sites is not permitted on the forums. You can read more about this rule and others by visiting the Pokémon TCG Online Forums Rules page, which is linked at the bottom of every forum page.

If you would like to submit a screenshot to us, you can do so via support ticket by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question". Image files can be attached there directly, or links can be submitted.

Thanks for your patience, and I hope this was helpful!

When i installed the game on my windows 8.1 laptop, the game first showed a black screen then after 5 minutes went to the login. However, i could not login or see anything, other than random black lines, 2 characters and a black rectangular box in the middle of the screen, where i assume i was supposed to type in my login, but couldnt click on it or type anything...so it was a bust...WHAT NOW!!!!

Archived