Future set thread! Next set: Ancient Origins.

The_Iron_bat

Must be a bad translation.

Probably reads:

provides D energy only while this card is attached to a D pokemon.

Why should Bad Energy reinvent the rules surrounding special energies?  I'm still waiting for a pokemon or trainer that is able to accelerate special energies, only a few cards let you even search them out, mostly by causing you to lose your turn (by attacking), and only to your hand, never to your pokemon.

While special energy is in your discard pile or deck it provides no energy, and ergo cannot be the target of Oblivion Wing.

New cards from bandit rings revealed :D

Tyranitar-EX – Darkness – HP180

Basic Pokemon

[D][C][C] Head Smash: 60 damage.

[D][D][C][C] Ground Break: 130 damage. Does 10 damage to each of your Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)

Resistance: Psychic (-20)

Retreat: 4

Oddish – Grass – HP50

Basic Pokemon

[G] Trip Over: 10+ damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 10 more damage.

Weakness: Fire (x2)

Resistance: none

Retreat: 1

Gloom – Grass – HP80

Stage 1 – Evolves from Oddish

[G][C] Drool: 30 damage.

Weakness: Fire (x2)

Resistance: none

Retreat: 1

Edited by Aniketdianafury
  • Upvote 2

Must be a bad translation.

Probably reads:

provides D energy only while this card is attached to a D pokemon.

Why should Bad Energy reinvent the rules surrounding special energies?  I'm still waiting for a pokemon or trainer that is able to accelerate special energies, only a few cards let you even search them out, mostly by causing you to lose your turn (by attacking), and only to your hand, never to your pokemon.

While special energy is in your discard pile or deck it provides no energy, and ergo cannot be the target of Oblivion Wing.

Riaden Knuckle on Thundurus allows you to attach Special Energy from the discard pile to Benched Team Plasma Pokemon and is usually done with Rainbow and Plasma Energies to accelerate Lugia.

Other than the "only provides [D] Energy while attached to a [D} Pokemon" wording which might be the reason why it wouldn't work, Oblivion Wing should/would work since it does't specify that the energy is a basic [D] Energy.....but like what was said....the only provides energy while attached is probably the reason why it wouldn't work.

Tyranitar-EX– Darkness – HP180

Basic Pokemon

[D][D][C][C] Ground Break: 130 damage. Does 10 damage to each of your Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

M Tyranitar-EX- Darkness – HP240

Mega Evolution – Evolves from Tyranitar-EX

When 1 of your Pokemon becomes a Mega Evolution, your turn ends.

Θ Double: This Pokemon can have 2 Pokemon Tools attached to it.

[D][D][C][C] Destroyer King: 110 damage. Does 60 more damage for each damage counter on your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

What do you guy think about these guys? They also have their own link, too but i'm too lazy to post that effect :)

Basic Pokemon

[D][D][C][C] Destroyer King: 110 damage. Does 60 more damage for each damage counter on your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

What do you guy think about these guys? They also have their own link, too but i'm too lazy to post that effect :)

Really i must say that attack of mega tyranitar and it double theta ability is really awesome but attack cost is really not much good but he will get a quick boost from mega turbo . First of all i did not liked that tyranitar at all and secondly mega tyranitar HP is quite high so it will be a good add-on for yveltal-darkrai decks. And M tyranitar is going to rock with bats as well  :D

110 + 2-3 damage counters from bats= 230 0r 300 damage :D . Megas will be dead

• Upvote 2

Really i must say that attack of mega tyranitar and it double theta ability is really awesome but attack cost is really not much good but he will get a quick boost from mega turbo . First of all i did not liked that tyranitar at all and secondly mega tyranitar HP is quite high so it will be a good add-on for yveltal-darkrai decks. And M tyranitar is going to rock with bats as well  :D

110 + 2-3 damage counters from bats= 230 0r 300 damage :D . Megas will be dead

*Cough* *Cough* Mega Turbo+ DCE *Cough* *Cough*

*Cough* *Cough* Mega Turbo+ DCE *Cough* *Cough*

Hey bat , bats and m tyranitar are going to rock  in coming months  , i am afraid  :P . And prices for bats are going to inflate in near future.

• Upvote 2

Hey bat , bats and m tyranitar are going to rock  in coming months  , i am afraid  :P . And prices for bats are going to inflate in near future.

free flight zubat wont be standard by the time the set it out though

I think bats are already out in hands of many players , i can often see bats in many decks So there will be a very short hike with bats if i am correct :)

• Upvote 2

We have a Zubat in PHF, it's just not as good.

Hey bat , bats and m tyranitar are going to rock in coming months , i am afraid :P . And prices for bats are going to inflate in near future.

I misread "Megas will be ******** "Megas are going to suck", so my bad :) I agree that M Tyranitar will rock.

I think bats are already out in hands of many players , i can often see bats in many decks So there will be a very short hike with bats if i am correct :)

the thing is...there is already too many decks with bats in them such as landourus, galllade & latios & such....dont feel like using bats again with tyranitar...maybe absol & magma stadium might be better or hope fully they make a spread damage dark type or something...anything type of spread damage would be great as long as its not bats again cause its very over played

the thing is...there is already too many decks with bats in them such as landourus, galllade & latios & such....dont feel like using bats again with tyranitar...maybe absol & magma stadium might be better or hope fully they make a spread damage dark type or something...anything type of spread damage would be great as long as its not bats again cause its very over played

Maybe so, but bats are still really good at damage, so it's the best again.

Basic Pokemon

What am I looking at here?!!!!!  Destroyer King is RIDICULOUS!!!!  

I will def be pairing Mega Tyranitar with the Crobat Line even if I lose out on Free Flight Zubat during the rotation.  2-3 damage counters from the bats = 120-180 added damage to the 110 attack.  Also that Bad Energy will place 2 damage counters to give the attack 120 as well.  And to top it off that Theta Double to give it a Spirit Link (we know it'll get one since all recent Megas have gotten one) and something like a Muscle Band for 20 more damage or that new Lucky Helmet to draw 2 cards each time its attacked while its dealing massive amounts of damage or even that Weakness Policy to neutralize its Fighting Weakness while still dealing OHKO's.....there's a lot that can go with M Tyranitar =)

im glad mega tyranitar is dark type & not ground type

.....this will be the first dark type mega in the tcg that we need...hope to get some dark type support pokemon with cool abilities

also we'll be losing darkai ex in rotation...i hope there will be good retreat support

Edited by uic

.....this will be the first dark type mega in the tcg that we need...hope to get some dark type support pokemon with cool abilities

also we'll be losing darkai ex in rotation...i hope there will be good retreat support

There could be a funny idea with Fairy Garden, but I think Switch/Escape rope would be a better idea.

Also, Echo arm!

Eco Arm – Trainer

Item

Shuffle 3 Pokemon Tool cards from your discard pile back into your deck.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Edited by The_Iron_bat

before M Tyranitar is released, we have access to M Absol this week in a promo box in English print as it was a receive only through Tournament play promo in Japan.  Its attack is cheap for just 2 energy but doesn't even compare to what M Tyranitar can do.

In fact I don't think anything can compare to the 1490 potential damage it could do.......110+ 60 for each damage counter up to 23 against a Mega with 240HP, not including an additional 20-40 from Muscle Band or Weakness, just straight up.

I saw that Mega Tyranitar-EX, and I gotta say... what a massive disappointment.

Destroyer King might seem like an interesting attack with its ridiculous damage potential, but it's held back immensely by its four-Energy requirement. Theta Double is also potentially interesting (double Muscle Band and such), but it's very much a double-edged sword (double Head Ringer = headdesk), and unlike Omega Barrier, it doesn't really help Megatar survive long enough to be energized.

And of course, the basic Tyranitar-EX is completely forgettable, as is the artwork on both of these cards (I hope the Full Arts turn out to be much better than this, at least).

As the Bat has said, mega turbo and DCE solves that problem. Add ultra ball and yveltal to the mix, you can have a fully armed M Tyranitar by second turn.

Except DCEs can be easily removed with Enhanced Hammer or Xerosic, and you can't use Mega Turbos when you're up against Toad or Vileplume, both practically guaranteed to be highly prevalent threats due to how brutal Item-locking is.

Edited by SharKing319

We still are not aware of other cards from the set but i hope they give us a good counter against item and supporter locking effect so that in future our decks remain immune to such unwanted effects. And i also believe that if they don't give any counter to viluplume or seismitoad then they must provide any other pokemon which allows us to use more than 1 supporter at a time (except magnezone from plasma storm) . Because of giant plant forest the risk of item and supporter locking is increased too much because it will boost up exeggutor and vileplume decks and will probably prove a trouble for most players who are mostly dependent on item and supporters . 

• Upvote 1

before M Tyranitar is released, we have access to M Absol this week in a promo box in English print as it was a receive only through Tournament play promo in Japan.  Its attack is cheap for just 2 energy but doesn't even compare to what M Tyranitar can do.

In fact I don't think anything can compare to the 1490 potential damage it could do.......110+ 60 for each damage counter up to 23 against a Mega with 240HP, not including an additional 20-40 from Muscle Band or Weakness, just straight up.

Absol and M - absol were promos but Tyranitar and M - Tyranitar are our first mega pokemon EX in dark type which we are getting from a new set rather being a promo so both situations are different. Yeah M-absol is first dark type mega but its a promo and M tyranitar is our first mega pokemon EX which we are getting from a set .

We still are not aware of other cards from the set but i hope they give us a good counter against item and supporter locking effect so that in future our decks remain immune to such unwanted effects. And i also believe that if they don't give any counter to viluplume or seismitoad then they must provide any other pokemon which allows us to use more than 1 supporter at a time (except magnezone from plasma storm) . Because of giant plant forest the risk of item and supporter locking is increased too much because it will boost up exeggutor and vileplume decks and will probably prove a trouble for most players who are mostly dependent on item and supporters .

vileplume will be a big trouble but exeggutor will be rotated soon. I agree that tyranitar is hard to power up, and dce and mega turbo seems hard to appear on your hand. However, with the crazy draw from shaymin ex, nothing is too hard, even this tyranitar

ok so if you play expanded than mega sceptile will be great if you pair it up victreebel, munna & virizion ex

use giant plant stadium to easily evolve victreebel....use mega sceptile to attach 2 energy to victreebel, confuse & poison opponent, use munna long distance hypnosis to put opponent to sleep & virizion ex to be immune to status condition

wouldn't that be great?

Edited by uic

Flash Energy – Special Energy

This card can only be attached to a [L] Pokemon. If this card is attached to anything other than a [L] Pokemon, discard it. While in play, this card provides 1 [L] Energy.

Effect - The [L] Pokemon this Energy is attached to has no Weakness.

Not a very unique effect, but it would still be great to have, with all the Fighting 'mons around (thank you, Furious Fists).

If only Enhanced Hammer didn't exist.