Future set thread! Next set: Ancient Origins.

The_Iron_bat

We have got a major problem here mefftu since we know that newer are easily available to players so vileplume will be in hands of many players in 2-3 days and it will affect many decks which mostly rely on item cards . I hope they make some kind of card to easily counter vileplume's ability or make any stage-1 card which let you use 2-3 supporters per turn .

You call an item lock from a stage 2 a big problem? Atleast we have supporter cards like Azett, Cassius or Pokémon Center Lady that let a slept or damaged or stuck in the active position placed Pokémon being switched or healed with a chance.

In the HS area there was an almost impossible lock with the HS Vileplume locking the items from the bench while Mew prime used paralyzing attacks - and remember at that time there was no Keldeo to Rush In or supporters that help your hopeless active Pokémon.

I call the item lock from Seismitoad EX still lot worse, or the new item lock with Trevenant and Shaymin EX which lock you if you haven't even played a single turn when your starting opponent hits the Wally for Phantump on the very first turn.

Edited by Mefftu
  • Upvote 2

You call an item lock from a stage 2 a big problem? Atleast we have supporter cards like Azett, Cassius or Pokémon Center Lady that let a slept or damaged or stuck in the active position placed Pokémon being switched or healed with a chance.

In the HS area there was an almost impossible lock with the HS Vileplume locking the items from the bench while Mew prime used paralyzing attacks - and remember at that time there was no Keldeo to Rush In or supporters that help your hopeless active Pokémon.

I call the item lock from Seismitoad EX still lot worse, or the new item lock with Trevenant and Shaymin EX which lock you if you haven't even played a single turn when your starting opponent hits the Wally for Phantump on the very first turn.

Yeah i agree with you , looks like there will be more competition in future as older cards cards are becoming available in the form of reprints and more newer cards with more strong abilities have started to come in play. Everyone must be equipped with a nice creative mind to counter seismitoad or viliplume or similar pokemon's like them  :P

PS : I forgot about wally sorry . On first turn he can severely affect your opponent with trevenant or garbodor :(

Edited by Aniketdianafury
  • Upvote 2

New cards from Bandit rings revealed :D

Vileplume – Grass – HP130

Stage 2 – Evolves from Gloom

Ability: Frustrating Pollen

As long as this Pokemon is in play, both you and your opponent can’t play Item cards.

[G][G][C] Solar Beam: 70 damage.

Weakness: Fire (x2)

Resistance: none

Retreat: 3

Jolteon – Lightning – HP90

Stage 1 – Evolves from Eevee

Ability: Electric Effect

All Stage 1 Pokemon are now [L] as well as their original type.

[L][C][C] Thunder Blast: 80 damage. Discard 1 Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)

Resistance: Metal (-20)

Retreat: 0

Paint Roller – Trainer

Item

Discard a Stadium card in play. Then, draw 1 card.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Thanks! Will update now!

Wait a second... that means every Pokemon can now use Rough Seas! We have Stadiums for decks that don't have a useful d

stadium ATM.

Wait a second... that means every Pokemon can now use Rough Seas! We have Stadiums for decks that don't have a useful d

stadium ATM.

Hmm thats interesting maybe... Or just a 1-1 line that counters M-Rayquaza or Yveltal. But I don't think it will see play unless some op strategy comes to light.

Electric Donphan will be fun.  There were Manectric that had a attack / switch thing going on, they just couldn't be buffed by all the ridiculous FFI cards. 

Electric Donphan will be fun.  There were Manectric that had a attack / switch thing going on, they just couldn't be buffed by all the ridiculous FFI cards.

Unfortunately, the Donphan deck will be short lived. There's no way Plasma Storm I'd staying in format long enough for it to have any success with Jolteon.

Confirmed Cards from Bandit rings

• Ampharos-EX

M Ampharos-EX

Tyranitar-EX

M Tyranitar-EX

Sceptile-EX

M Sceptile-EX

Primal Kyogre-EX (shiny)

Primal Groudon-EX (shiny)

M Rayquaza-EX (shiny)

Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir (most likely Fairy-type)

Partially Revealed Cards

• Unown

Regice

M Tyranitar-EX

Unown – Psychic – HP60
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Last Will
Once during your turn, if this Pokemon is on your Bench, you may discard this Pokemon and all cards attached to it. (This doesn’t count as a Knocked Out Pokemon.) Then, draw a card.

[C] Hidden Power: 10 damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Retreat: 1

Good use for Sky Field decks if you have no other access to any other pokemon, but what do you think about its usability. 

Edited by pillaz42

Unown – Psychic – HP60

Basic Pokemon

Ability: Last Will

Once during your turn, if this Pokemon is on your Bench, you may discard this Pokemon and all cards attached to it. (This doesn’t count as a Knocked Out Pokemon.) Then, draw a card.

[C] Hidden Power: 10 damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)

Retreat: 1

Good use for Sky Field decks if you have no other access to any other pokemon, but what do you think about its usability. 

Huh, I thought I posted that. At any rate, W

it's basically a reprint. It's nice to see Unown R back, but sadly, I think it's outclassed as draw support. If only Flareon was still in format...

The Bandit Ring three-pack blisters will come with promos Malamar and Salamence!

Malamar was a Gym Challenge promo released in Japan this month. Salamence was included in CoroCoro Ichiban magazine.

Even though Salamence’s attack name in Japanese is the same as “Summon Minions” on Dark Dragonite from Team Rocket, TPCi renamed it to “Call for Goons” on Salamence. It’s probably been too long for them to have realized (or cared) to use the same English name. Trivia!

Malamar Gym Challenge PromoMalamar – Darkness – HP90

Stage 1 – Evolves from Inkay

θ Stop: Prevent any effects of your opponent’s Pokemon’s Abilities done to this Pokemon.

Ability: Amanojyaku

As long as this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, during your opponent’s next turn, treat all coins he or she flips as tails.

[D][C][C] Tuning Wave: 40 damage. If you have the same number of cards in your hand as your opponent, your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Confused.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)

Resistance: Psychic (-20)

Retreat: 2

Salamence in CoroCoro Ichiban

Salamence – Dragon – HP150

Stage 2 – Evolves from Shelgon

Δ Evolution: Once during your turn (before your attack), you may play this card from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokemon even if that Pokemon was put into play this turn or if it’s your first turn.

[C] Summon Minions: Search your deck for up to 3 Basic Pokemon and put them onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[R][W][C][C] Dragon Pulse: 130 damage. Discard the top card from your deck.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)

• Upvote 2

New Golurk leaked overnight! I think it's interesting, but impractical.

Golurk – Psychic – HP130

Stage 1 – Evolves from Golett

Θ Stop: Prevent all effects of your opponent’s Pokemon’s Abilities done to this Pokemon.

Ability: Double Type

As long as this Pokemon is in play, it is both [P] and [F] type.

[C][C][C][C] Superpower: 80+ damage. You may make this attack do 40 more damage. If you do, this Pokemon does 20 damage to itself.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)

Resistance: Fighting (-20)

Retreat: 4

New Golurk leaked overnight! I think it's interesting, but impractical.

Golurk – Psychic – HP130

Stage 1 – Evolves from Golett

Θ Stop: Prevent all effects of your opponent’s Pokemon’s Abilities done to this Pokemon.

Ability: Double Type

As long as this Pokemon is in play, it is both [P] and [F] type.

[C][C][C][C] Superpower: 80+ damage. You may make this attack do 40 more damage. If you do, this Pokemon does 20 damage to itself.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)

Resistance: Fighting (-20)

Retreat: 4

Ahh ! Use ability jolteon then it will easily get three types :- Psychic , fighting and electric type lol  :huh:

Edited by Aniketdianafury
  • Upvote 2

Ahh ! Use ability jolteon then it will easily get three types :- Psychic , fighting and electric type lol  :huh:

But at the cost of 2 DCE? I don't think the OHKO is worth it, even though it OHKOS Yveltal, it's biggest threat, it's much easier to get another Yveltal going than this.

New stadium revealed..

Giant Plant Forest – Trainer

Stadium

Each player’s [G] Pokemon can Evolve during the first turn and on the turn they were put into play.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.

• Upvote 2

New stadium revealed..

Stadium

Each player’s [G] Pokemon can Evolve during the first turn and on the turn they were put into play.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.

Wow,

then we definitely have a turn 1 item lock in so much games when you can evolve the new Vilepume with Rare Candy immediately on turn 1.

Is this good for the game if you lose the coinflip then? What chances even has player 2 then?

New stadium revealed..

Stadium

If I understand this correctly, can you evolve from Basic -> Stage 1 -> Stage 2? Cause if you evolve a Basic to Stage 1, the Stage 1 is considered to be "just put into play."

So sorry, wouldn't that not be possible, since the text of Rare Candy specifically prohibits its use in that scenario?  It says that you can't use Rare Candy 'this card' on turn one, etc. not that you are not allowed to evolve ouside the rules because of the effect of another card, only that this card's use is prohibited in that scenario.

Q: Can you use Rare Candy to evolve a stage 2 with the delta trait on first turn or when the basic has just been put in play?

I would think not; same reason.  The pokemon may be allowed to evolve outside the normal evolution rules, but the player is prohibited from playing rare candy under the same conditions.

Thoughts?  Is there a ruling that already addresses this?

Another question would be how will multiple type pokemon and weakness/resistance be dealt with?

If one pokemon is weak to one and resistant to the other (ie.  Electro-Medicham vs Shaymin EX) is resistance ignored? applied before or after weakness? 

For Cynondact: I think for sure.  Wally lets you do that, similar effect, same with delta evolving stage 2's

Edited by fr33land

If I understand this correctly, can you evolve from Basic -> Stage 1 -> Stage 2? Cause if you evolve a Basic to Stage 1, the Stage 1 is considered to be "just put into play."

For Cynondact: I think for sure.  Wally lets you do that, similar effect, same with delta evolving stage 2's

But then you need the Wally as the additional helping card which was first unmentioned and makes the big difference: first use the grass stadium and then after this play Wally to turn the stage 1 into a stage 2 if you don't play just the Rare Candy on turn 1 with the stadium help.

Mefftu probably has a better grasp on this than I, but you think you would need *********, for the sake of argument, you had a pokemon that was stage 1 and a delta evolver and its stage 2 was also a delta evolver what would stop you from evolving twice?

The stadium essentially bestows on all grass pokemon the delta evolution ancient trait. The only thing that stops you from, say playing evosoda twice on the same pokemon in a given turn is the restriction on evosoda itself. It's the stage 1's first turn in play, however, you may evolve to the second stage using the effects of cards with nearly identical text (Wally / any pokemon with the ancient trait), leading me to believe you could evolve the same pokemon twice to stage 2 on your first turn without rare candy. Which I still would argue you would not be able to play

"You can't use this card on your first turn or on a Basic Pokemon that was put into play this turn."

Evosoda has basically the same text.

edit: that says 'a wally' dunno why censored.
Ergo, with the stadium you may evolve as you please, you're simply not allowed to play Evosoda or Rare Candy as outlined on those cards.

You may evolve 'as many times as you want' however there are two restrictions, first turn and first turn in play, the latter is the reason you cannot evolve the same pokemon twice in a given turn. Since Wally, Delta Evolution and the effects of this stadium allow you to ignore those restrictions: POW: Vileplume.

Of course you cannot use rare candy to skip stage 1, and you cannot use evosoda to search your deck for the stage 1 or stage 2, since the restriction on rare candy and evosoda are restrictions on the use of those cards exclusively and their use is not restricted by the normal evolution rules but by themselves.

What do you think?

Edited by fr33land

Mefftu probably has a better grasp on this than I, but you think you would need Wally, for the sake of argument, you had a pokemon that was stage 1 and a delta evolver and its stage 2 was also a delta evolver what would stop you from evolving twice?

The stadium essentially bestows on all grass pokemon the delta evolution ancient trait. The only thing that stops you from, say playing evosoda twice on the same pokemon in a given turn is the restriction on evosoda itself. It's the stage 1's first turn in play, however, you may evolve to the second stage using the effects of cards with nearly identical text (Wally / any pokemon with the ancient trait), leading me to believe you could evolve the same pokemon twice to stage 2 on your first turn without rare candy. Which I still would argue you would not be able to play

"You can't use this card on your first turn or on a Basic Pokemon that was put into play this turn."

Evosoda has basically the same text.

edit: that says 'a wally' dunno why censored.

Ergo, with the stadium you may evolve as you please, you're simply not allowed to play Evosoda or Rare Candy as outlined on those cards.

You may evolve 'as many times as you want' however there are two restrictions, first turn and first turn in play, the latter is the reason you cannot evolve the same pokemon twice in a given turn. Since Wally, Delta Evolution and the effects of this stadium allow you to ignore those restrictions: POW: Vileplume.

Of course you cannot use rare candy to skip stage 1, and you cannot use evosoda to search your deck for the stage 1 or stage 2, since the restriction on rare candy and evosoda are restrictions on the use of those cards exclusively and their use is not restricted by the normal evolution rules but by themselves.

What do you think?

There is the general problem that opposing effects on cards have strange rulings - if you ask me.

Like this example:

Safeguard Suicune prevents all effects and damage from Pokémon EX - no damage and special conditions from the EX-Pokémon and so on. Then we have Cobalion EX with its second attack Steel Bullet that has an additional effect to 'not affect any effects on the defending Pokémon etc.' and the Suicune is KO'ed with exactly 100 damage. So why goes the attack's effect over the ability - this is common sense though it makes no sense at all.

That's why I think this stadium nullifies the excluding fact of a 'turn where the basic was put into play or first turn you can't play Rare Candy' and the item wording is overwritten by the stadiums additional information - same with the so called 'safeguarded' Pokémon which still can be hit by some Pokémon EX (obviously without Garbotoxin activated or Silent Lab in play).

Edited by Mefftu

Is there a hierarchy of which card effects take precedence?

Something like

Stadium > Attack Effect

Attack Effect > Ability

Stadium > Item

Ability > Item

In general?  Except those which have specific wording??

So, one more question.  Can you Rare Candy a Togekiss on turn 1, because the serene grace one has delta evolve, or is the ruling on Rare Candy > Ancient Trait :wacko: sooooo confused.

I get, somehow, that an ability is some kind of effect on a pokemon and attacks like Shred specifically ignore that. 

Sorry if this is a lot of noise.

Edited by fr33land