Sign in to follow this  
Megavoir

Refresher Won't Connect to Server

Megavoir

Whenever I try to load the TCG, it says "Please wait, checking for update" and looks for the refresher update, but doesn't load anything. Eventually, it says "Error. Could not connect to server.", and closes. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice. I'm on PC. How do I fix this?

The_Iron_bat

It's a server problem, so your WiFi must be the problem. Check your Internet first, and then start playing away!

Mod_Poplar

Hi Megavoir,

Please try locating your Pokémon TCG Online folder and running the Refresher.exe file. This will often prompt the refresher to load properly. If this doesn't help and you're still getting "Could not connect to server," you may not have the proper ports open.

There are three ports that must be opened for the game to work: 8181, 5222 and 39389. 39389 is the "gateway" port that the client connects to momentarily to get information on which connection servers are available and their IP addresses. 8181 is the port that the client makes a dedicated connection to in order to play the game. 5222 is the port that connects to the chat server. If you're unsure of how to check if these ports are open, we recommend using your preferred search engine to search for "(Name of router/modem) port forwarding".

Additionally, please make sure that the game isn't being blocked by your firewall. If it is, you can add it to your list of allowed programs. Specifically, we recommend adding these files as exceptions:
  • Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe
  • Refresher.exe

As The_Iron_bat, please also make sure you've got a strong, stable internet connection while playing the game. :)

I hope this was helpful!

Sign in to follow this