[GAME] General - Non-Roaring-Skies booster packs were not received in the Mystery Box

LugiaPesadilla

LugiaPesadilla

In theory this weekend all packs of mysterious boxes would be XY-Roarning Skies. Well the thing is I've got two envelopes by this method and are XY-Flashfire. I feel cheated.

The_Iron_bat

Did you win when you got the mystery box? TPCI_Samhane said it was for Tournament Rewards and Winners Wheel only.

Bobix86

What The_Iron_Bat was saying is that 10-card roaring skies are guaranteed only in "tournament mode" victor's mystery box, not in "vs mode" mystery box, so if you got flashfire in vs mode, then it's working as intended as in vs mode there is a chance to get roaring skies but it's not guaranteed.

I thought TPCI_Samhane said that all tournament reward packs would be roaring skies, instead of some rewards being random packs. And then the winning wheel (no matter if it was in tournament or random battle) would have Roaring skies packs in the mystery box. But after seeing this topic I reviewed his post again, and he is quite unclear on the matter and it can be interpreted either way.

• Upvote 1
The_Iron_bat

Quotes pulled from TPCI_Samhane:

Play Versus Mode this weekend and if you spin the victor’s prize wheel and land on a Mystery Box and you could receive an XY-Roaring Skies 10 card tradeable booster pack!

So VS

Should give packs as well, so if it was VS mode you were playing on, then you could've found a bug.

Format: Theme and Expanded

Entry cost: 4 Tournament Tickets

Prize structure:

1st:

Four XY – Roaring Skies 10 card tradeable booster packs

2nd:

Two XY – Roaring Skies 10 card tradeable booster packs

3rd and 4th:

One XY – Roaring Skies 10 card tradeable booster pack

5th to 8th:

1 Tournament Chest

Format: Standard

Entry Cost: 6 Tournament Tickets

Prize structure:

1st:

Five XY – Roaring Skies 10 card tradeable booster packs

One Tournament Chest

2nd:

Three XY – Roaring Skies 10 card tradeable booster packs

One Tournament Chest

3rd and 4th:

One XY – Roaring Skies 10 card tradeable booster pack

5th to 8th:

1 Tournament Chest

25 Trainer Tokens

So in tournament play as well, you would've likely received nothing but ROS packs. It seems @Chihiko is right, so this is likely a bug. Good catch :)

Edited by The_Iron_bat
Ceildric

I would point out that TPCI_Samhane's quote says that you could receive a Roaring Skies booster pack, not that you will.

That "could" is a bit ambiguous though, it could mean that you would have a chance to receive either a roaring skies pack, or another pack as Ceildric just said.

But it could also mean that you would have a chance to receive a roaring skies pack among other rewards such as tournament tickets or trainer tokens, but that the pack always is a roaring skies pack if you get a pack in the mystery box.

Clarification on this matter would be appreciated, I also won 2 packs from the mystery box on the winners wheel today, but none of them where from roaring skies.