Sign in to follow this  
RoryWatt

"Inactive" after two minutes.

RoryWatt

Whenever I switch games, as in, going back to the desktop to check on another game while PTCGO is running in the background, the game logs me out and tells me that Ive been "inactive for awhile". Just now I took 2 minutes out while I was waiting for a booster pack to open(which takes ages for me). When I got back on to see how far the booster pack had loaded, I was at the login screen with the same inactive message. 

Not only that, but when I do log back on after that notice it tells me the servers are not available. So I have to close it all down, and open it again for me to get back on. 

Surely two minutes is not considered "awhile" for a game? Is there an option in the settings that I've missed to change this? I'm unsure if this is a bug, or some silly programming.  

Thanks in advance if there is anything that can be done to help this. It's not the first time this has happened too. 

Edited by Mod_Jube
Please keep language appropriate and do not attempt to bypass filters. Thank you.

the_sqveel

please edit your post so it doesn't have a swear in it, as you've deliberately circumvented the filter to add this swear and this is a child friendly site.

the timer is meant to trigger after one minute i believe. It's a million trillion times better than the 20 mins it used to be. This is implemented to stop stalling.

generally speaking, it's a bad idea to tab out while playing this game. Not only will you probably time out, but this game is terribly inefficient and running anything else at the same time will put a lot of pressure on your rig even if it's a pro gaming one

the long booster load times and server issues sound like a bug, but may well be caused by you attempting to run another game while playing PTCGO. It's advised to close all background programmes/apps while playing this.

Edited by the_sqveel

RoryWatt

you've deliberately circumvented the filter to add this swear and this is a child friendly site. 

Deliberately circumvented the filter? Please do not be so quick to draw such ignorant conclusions; this was my first post. So I was not aware of any filtering. Anyway, I've edited the post now. 

at the same time will put a lot of pressure on your rig even if it's a pro gaming one

No haha, PTCGO is nothing in terms of putting pressure on my PC components lol. But I am surprised actually at how bug-ridden this game is at the moment. Still I think an option to change the time-out to a list of set times would be very useful if things take ages to load. I've always had boosters taking over what-must-be 5 minutes to open. 

the_sqveel

this is open beta, of course it's buggy. That's why we're playing it. We're playtesters, it's our duty to find and report bugs :)

I'd suggest you ticket the long-booster problem, but the timeout after a minute's not a bug. Though the profs will likely pass on your annoyance with it to the dev team. I suspect the devs won't implement anything though, considering years of tweaking has got us to the inactivity threshold we have now.

for future refrence, no kind of swears (even partially blocked out ones) are allowed here. you should probably read this before posting more - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

• Upvote 1

TPCi_Samhayne

Hi RoryWatt,

Our apologies with the difficulty you are having with the game.

The issue with timing out and then not being able to log back in is one the team is working on correcting.

We do have a lineup of bugs that we are working on.  You can read more about what's on the front of that list in this announcement: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/30672-dev-update-daily-login-revised-challenges-and-bug-smashing/ 

Welcome to the forums!

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this