[GAME] General - Dragon Challenge progress made when no Dragon-type Pokémon were used

PokemonDaishi

Just a few moments ago, I was playing an Expanded battle in Versus mode.  I was using a deck that only including psychic-types.  When the match ended, the Special Challenge pop up appeared and told me I had finished the current challenge (evolve 90 pokemon).  That's correct, as I was nearly done with it and had evolved a number of pokemon during the match.

However, the Daily Challenge pop up then appeared and told me I had just made significant progress on my dragon-type cards (i.e. the bar filled up about two-thirds of the way).  Not that I mind, but not only was a playing with a deck with no dragon-types in it, I don't have dragon-types in ANY of my decks!  Seems like a bug...

That works as intended and is not a bug, the challenge itself was a dragon type challenge with the brownish background. That's why you gained +3 dragon xp for completing it, the challenge itself could be completed with any deck however since it didn't say that you had to evolve 90 dragon type pokemon, just 90 pokemon of any type.

The same goes for daily challenges where you need to confuse or put opponents to sleep. These could be a water or psychic challenge, but can be completed with any pokemon that has a sleep or confuse attack.

Huh, I didn't realize that about the special challenges.  Pretty cool for me, I guess, since I get dragon credit without really earning it!

Yes, but bear in mind that we don't know if all future special challenges will be dragon type challenges. The last one from may the 6th had no type at all if I remember correctly. They will probably rotate the types around like they do in regular daily challenges.

Yes, but bear in mind that we don't know if all future special challenges will be dragon type challenges. The last one from may the 6th had no type at all if I remember correctly. They will probably rotate the types around like they do in regular daily challenges.

Solid advice. But the deal is we simply don't know if they will rotate out the types of challenges. I wish we did, but if we could get an announcement *wink* to clarify, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Hey there,

As the special challenge says "evolve 90 pokemon" then it simply means that you can use pokemon's with any energy type to complete this task as it does not specify that which pokemon type you have to use . As it was already mentioned that you will get 3 XP for completeing dragon type special challenge then there is nothing wrong with this challenge as it was specially meant for dragon type level . 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there!

Thanks, Trainers, for all of your helpful explanations! :) As this isn't a bug, I'll be closing this thread. Please feel free to create a new thread or submit a ticket via the link in my signature if you have any other reports you'd like to make.

Archived