[GAME] General - Unable to log in, "Invalid Username/Password" despite using correct information

azriel1388

game wont let me log in says invalid password or username but i just played 2 days ago with same login info and its letting me login to the website so my info is correct

is your caps lock on?

even if you have your password saved from a previous session, where it was types in lower case, it seems to matter if your caps lock is on when you try to log in next time.

it sounds crazy, as it should just save the same characters, but i've locked myself out my account by trying to log in without typing my password (it remembered it from the last, sucsessful session) because my capslock was on. Took me ages to figure out that's what it was too.

or maybe that was an isolated case i should ticket??

is it possible that my account was hacked or something because i tried to reset my password and my email address isnt being recognised

hmmm.... isn't our forum profile linked with our in game one? hence why our avatars match what we have in game? if this is the case i don't see how you could have been "hacked" and the password/email changed if you can still log in here... strange indeed. I'd ticket it

or maybe they're totally different accounts and you have been hacked. I'm no mod, hope one comes along soon for you. Did you have a common/easily guessable password or did you share your login info or email info with anyone else? if yes you'll be more open to account theft

I can confirm there's a bug with the log in system, happens for me often, same as azriel. Just tried to log out and back in with caps lock on, and i logged in successfully, so that's not what's wrong. It usually (but not always) happens after i have to force close the game due to cammie bug, but it does happen totally random. I ruled out hacking because when i retype my password, i am able to log in, plus i can log into the site. I am still baffled about why it is happening, turned to support but i gave up on it, was about 5 months ago so don't ask me for the reason as i forgot (pretty sure i had a good reason though).

Hey there!

If you can log into pokemon.com, can you try changing your password and let us know if that helps? If not, I'd suggest submitting a ticket to the support team for further assistance. You can do so by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question". You can also email support@pokemon.com if you cannot sign in to the support portal (please mention that in your email).

Apologies for the delay!

Archived