Pokemon TCG GBC Game HELP!

NintenDuck

I am having really bad luck with Pokemon spin-off games, aren't I? Anyway, if a few of you have/had this game and know what I'm talking about, can you please help me on this one? I seemed to have not only gotten stuck in the "how to" first match, but skipped it as well! I just attached the wrong energy and evolved too early, couldn't undo, so I turned the power off. When I continued, I had "beaten" him! I know this seems like a good thing, but I'm worried that this will happen every time I continue from my Diary during a match! Help? cry_smile.png

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to mess up the tutorial match. If you make a wrong move, the guy should tell you what you did wrong and you restart your turn.

However, if you're facing him again, you can do whatever you want during the match and it's possible to lose. When you turned your game off, you restarted from the point after you finished the tutorial but before the rematch. That's why you got confused, so it won't happen with other guys.

By the way, don't bother refacing him anyway. If you need more energies, use up all the ones you have in the deck builder and then talk to the guy nearby, he'll give you a bunch of energy cards.

That's funny. My turn didn't restart. Huh. Anyway, thanks for the help! =D

EDIT: I think I found the problem. There must've been dirt in the cartridge, or something, 'cause the game just froze a bit ago. It's working fine, now. I sure hope I didn't get a broken game, though. If so, I want my money back! D=

I am having really bad luck with Pokemon spin-off games, aren't I? Anyway, if a few of you have/had this game and know what I'm talking about, can you please help me on this one? I seemed to have not only gotten stuck in the "how to" first match, but skipped it as well! I just attached the wrong energy and evolved too early, couldn't undo, so I turned the power off. When I continued, I had "beaten" him! I know this seems like a good thing, but I'm worried that this will happen every time I continue from my Diary during a match! Help? cry_smile.png

Hmm... I think I got a bad cartridge. Ah, well. I should be glad that it saves and keeps save data. As long as it's just that, a little glitch here and there is fine. For instance, today I had an Onix take FULL DAMAGE from Zapdos' Thunder, despite the fact that it not only has a resistance, but it also used Harden previously! (canceling out any attack doing 30 or less damage. Thunder was 30: 60, -30 resistance = 30) I guess I shouldn't be complaining. It was my Zapdos, after all! =D

Yeah, can't see how you did the tutorial wrong. Sam even yells at you and spanks you if you dare to equip a 2nd Water energy instead of a Psychic energy to Seaking.

Hmm... I think I got a bad cartridge. Ah, well. I should be glad that it saves and keeps save data. As long as it's just that, a little glitch here and there is fine. For instance, today I had an Onix take FULL DAMAGE from Zapdos' Thunder, despite the fact that it not only has a resistance, but it also used Harden previously! (canceling out any attack doing 30 or less damage. Thunder was 30: 60, -30 resistance = 30) I guess I shouldn't be complaining. It was my Zapdos, after all! =D

Don't assume a Pokemon has a resistance just because of its type. Take a look at Onyx's resistance.

P.s. just something interesting: want a faster way to complete the tutorial when playing in non-tutorial mode (Normal Duel)? Start with Staryu instead of Goldeen. Machop easily beats your Staryu, but then you send out Seaking and beat both Machop and Raticate. He doesn't draw his second Machop in time this way!

Archived