[GAME] General - The discard pile sometimes cannot be viewed

Felidae_

I hope this is one of the various bugs that are tackled on in the new patch, but just in case:

Upon multiple occasions, especially while playing tournaments, I encountered a bug that wouldn't allow me so see the cards in my own discard pile, or in my opponents.

This is a serious issue, not only for cards like Mega Turbo, VS Seeker, Dark Patch, Junk Arm and so forth (note that those cards still work, though you have to fish in the blind so to speak) , but only for basic informations about the cards both players have already played during a match.

Please tell me that this is going to be fixed soon.

I had discovered the same error in an unlimited game I played. Too bad I hadn't saved the log data as I really have no clue why this happened.

I remember once it was 'in process' after I clicked on my discard pile the 'card on top of the discard pile' - Prof. Oaks New Theory 83/95 from CoL in foil - changed then only from the picture to upside down and it changed between the visible card image and the back with the general Pokémon theme while all other things in the 'discard pile' were hiding. The main problem was that I hadn't tried if a possibility was given to use a discard pile hitting item while my hand was bad and hadn't had either items like VS Seeker or Junk Arm at this state of the game.

I lost a couple of turns later but I regret to check my opponents discard pile for functionality. So now I can't say if this error only occured with my own discard pile or if I couldn't see his discard pile too anymore. :o

Hey there!

This is a known issue which the Dev team is actively investigating. We appreciate your patience until this can be resolved! As such, I'll be closing this thread. Please feel free to create a new thread or submit a ticket via the link in my signature if you have any other bugs to report.

Thanks for this report! :)

Hey Trainers!

As the Dev team has been unable to reproduce this issue, I'm re-opening this thread in hopes of gaining further information. If you happen to experience this again, we would greatly appreciate if you could submit the following information to us via support ticket:

• A game log of your match. (You can save the game log from your match by clicking the Social Menu, clicking the Game Log tab, and clicking "Export". This will copy it to your Clipboard where you can paste it into a .txt file and attach it to your ticket.)
  • Your deck list.
  • How you attempted to access the discard pile (right- or left- clicking, tapping on a touch screen, etc.).
  • How long into the match you were before trying to open the discard pile.
  • How many cards were in the discard pile before you attempted to open it.

Additionally, we would appreciate any other information you can provide! You can create a support ticket by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question".

Thanks for your help!

I'll try to get a gamelog of thise in the future, so here are just some basic informations:

- while this issue occured some times in regular pvp, I usually tumbled upon it while playing tournament mode

- I'm unable to check neither my own, nor my opponents discard pile ( same is true for the lost zone)

- as Mefftu said, if I click on any discard pile ( double clicking on it) I only see the top card that then simply changes to the used card back

- cards that interact with the discard pile (i.e. Junk Arm, VS Seeker, Mega Turbo, Dark Patch, etc.) still work just fine

- as for the time, I'd say that the bug usually appears after some time ( I never started the client and had the bug appeared right away, it was usually after 3+ rounds of tournament play). As far as in-game time goes, I'd say that the discard piles were already filled up a bit, though I can't say this for sure, maybe I simply wasn'
t checking them out before

some basic infos:

- I always use double click to check the discard pile

- I usually check the pile out multiple times in and during rounds ( especially if I ain't got anything better to do during my opponents turn).

- I encountered the bug with a variety of different archetypes, that usually one have the following cards in common : VS Seeker ( regular art, as well as SR art), Prof Juniper ( Dark Explorers Art, locked pieces from the Theme Decks), DCE (HGSS art)

• 2 weeks later...

This might also effect trainer hallenge, but I dont remember for sure, anyways, alot of times when I try to view my discard pile in Versus mode on my PC, the pile just shows my sleeve, and I can't view any of the cards in my discard, which makes me have to play my VS Seekers and dowsing Machine in risk of getting nothing from them.

• 2 weeks later...

Randomly during games, I am stopped from viewing either player's discard piles. This was a known bug before but it hasn't been hitting me until recently. This time it seems to be different, since the game does react to my clicking of a discard pile by showing a facedown card for a moment instead of the card last discarded.

Please tell me if this is a common bug?

It is common and VERY VERY annoying.. Especially when I'm playing with night march.. Or any deck at the end game to see how many double color energies I got left or VS seekers..

Hope this to be fixed ASAP, along with all other bugs -.-

Yes I'm having the same issue as you guys, it seems to be random. It's difficult and often time consuming to fix bugs that occur randomly. Hopefully a moderator gets a hold of this post soon...

Ugh this is happening again yeah :(

I think the best we can do is export game log to a word document, save the file. Then submit a support ticket and attach the game log file for the dev team to look at to track down this bug.  PTCGO really needs our help with this bug so us as a community let's try to do the best we can to help! :)

Des

Archived