Extra bonus wheel when concede game

jonacalde

I am really tired of people conceding the games. Sometimes i even have bad hand and still ppl quit. It would be a good idea to give extra bonus when someone concedes. Is also hard to do the dailies if ppl quit too soon.

Hi jonacalde,

I'll submit your suggestion to the Dev team for consideration and leave your thread open in the meantime in case you'd like to discuss your ideas further.

Thanks for your input! :)

I too agree, this behaviour is nerve racking.

Why is the concede button aim ? Why was it put in place ?

When one agrees to startd and play a game, he agrees to play it fully no matter what happens.

I am really tired of people conceding the games. Sometimes i even have bad hand and still ppl quit. It would be a good idea to give extra bonus when someone concedes. Is also hard to do the dailies if ppl quit too soon.

While I support attempts to address the negative impact conceding has on doing daily challenges, I don't see how giving people a bonus if the other person concedes solves that, and I do not support it.

This proposed change is not going to encourage anyone to concede less, and might even make some people concede more.  Meanwhile, the person who is winning is already getting the benefits of a Winner's Wheel + fast return to matchmaking for another go.  I do not see why they deserve another boon.

I too agree, this behaviour is nerve racking.

Why is the concede button aim ? Why was it put in place ?

When one agrees to startd and play a game, he agrees to play it fully no matter what happens.

simply not true. My real life is more important to me than a game. If something needs my attention IRL, i concede rather than stall my opponent out

Like Ceildric I would also say I disagree, since the winner still get a reward and can move on to the next game immediately.

I understand that people might need to concede a game because of personal matters in real life, some players have children that need attending and so on. A bonus reward won't resolve the issue.

A better idea would in that case be to block a player from joining a multiplayer battle for 2 minutes after he concedes a game. Making the option to concede less attractive just because you got a bad hand. A block like this should not be too long, just long enough to discourage people from conceding.

this resolution was suggested often when i used to frequently play this a couple of years back, and always shot down. it punishes those with real life commitments, it doesn't exclusivly target those conceding simply because they don't like their ******* fact, i fail to (and obviously so do the devs else this would be "fixed" by now) think of ANY method that will ONLY target those "abusing" the concede rather than leaving due to valid commitments.

this resolution was suggested often when i used to frequently play this a couple of years back, and always shot down. it punishes those with real life commitments, it doesn't exclusivly target those conceding simply because they don't like their ******* fact, i fail to (and obviously so do the devs else this would be "fixed" by now) think of ANY method that will ONLY target those "abusing" the concede rather than leaving due to valid commitments.

In what possible way is a couple of minutes out of the matchmaking pool a punishment for those with real life commitments?  If you concede a match for a real life commitment, whether it's to take care of a child, answer the door, go to the bathroom, or whatever else might be going on, you're not going to be back for a couple minutes anyway.

The concede button is there for a reason. To avoid wasting both players' time when the game is in a state where only one player plays the game. It may be a bad hand for 3 or more succeeding turns or playing against a seismitoad player with 100% head flips on hammers.

Don't get me wrong, I also don't like being conceded to specially when I'm trying to complete a daily challenge (hardest of which is to knockout a certain number of pokes). But it is the other player's prerogative as well if he wants to concede or not.

As with most aspects of this game, The problem is not the concede function, it is the players who misuse it.

Yes, that was my point, removing the concede option is not a solution. Being left out of the multiplayer matches for 2-3 minutes is not a punishment for anyone except those who misuse the concede function, since they usually want to get back into the game as quickly as possible.

I actually believe that a solution like this is targeting the right people 90% of the time. Of course it is an estimation from me, and by no means a universal truth, but to find a good solution we have to consider all possibilities.

Archived