Any Tips for Building a Steel Deck?

MaSkullzOnFire

Normally, I don't build Steel type decks nor play Steel type cards, however with the introduction of the challenges I thought that I should at least build one just in case a Steel Challenge comes up.

So, any tips for building a steel deck?

I am probably going to add Jirachi from Roaring Skies, and that brings me to a question that has been on my mind since I started building the deck: if the defending Pokémon switches out, does Doom Desire still work on the new active Pokémon or is the attack rendered useless?

Normally, I don't build Steel type decks nor play Steel type cards, however with the introduction of the challenges I thought that I should at least build one just in case a Steel Challenge comes up.

So, any tips for building a steel deck?

I am probably going to add Jirachi from Roaring Skies, and that brings me to a question that has been on my mind since I started building the deck: if the defending Pokémon switches out, does Doom Desire still work on the new active Pokémon or is the attack rendered useless?

Don't know about the attack. But some common cards you would see would be bronzong, klinklang (Plasma Steel with ability) and Shift Gear ! And Cobalion non ex, non Ex are also a very important part. Using some of those cards, you can build a very good steel deck.

I hope it helps :)

aegislash-ex can seriously disrupt your opponents strategy if he's using any sort of special energy.

coballion-ex can attack pyroar (I believe), so it's a must to have at least 1 even though his max attack is only 100

The effect goes away once the opponent's active was benched :) So you gotta think of a way to make the active stay

Hope it helps!

Keldeo EX so you can keep reusing Bronzong/Dialga combo.

I would prefer to use original ideas if possible, but Bronzong is definitely a must because of its ability.

Steel type help:

Main attacker:
Aegislash EX is a good attacker and wall thanks to its ability.
cobalion EX is a safeguard and pyroar destroyer and does good damage. (be careful of pyroar)
Dialga EX (Steel) very good attacker

Support:
Bronzong is your main energy attachments.
klinklang (Plasma steel) Extreme wall vs Exs, (optional)
Klinklang (shift gear) Energy mover (run max potions if you use this)

Other:
Cobalion, good attacker and can prevent opponets attacking
heatran. good basic attacker
Jirachi EX (Use for supporter search, and encase of emergency you can attack with it)
Keldeo/float (retreat **********)
steel shelter (protection and fights vs skyfield/virbank/fairy garden to be in play)
Special metal energy (useful to survive a 1hit ko from non band pyroar and reduce damage)

I want to ask a question: Keldeo can use Rush in many times in a turn, right?

Keldeo EX can use it's Rush In ability only once every turn.

thanks 4 the info :)

No problem, I just checked the collection in game, I don't even have the card myself! ^^

Archived