[GENERAL] Other - Overzealous Chat Filtering - Refinements Coming in 2.28.1

TPCi_Samhayne

Hello Trainers,

I want to discuss a known issue with the current chat filtering on the live TCGO service.

The Pokémon TCG Online is a game and brand for the young and the young at heart. We are committed to providing a safe play environment for our younger audience. To that end, we incorporate chat filtering systems to enforce this.

In our most recent release on May 6th for the release of the XY-Roaring Skies expansion an issue was introduced that could cause some chat messages that were otherwise fine to be filtered.

We have a fix for this possible overzealous chat filtering to go out in the coming 2.28.1 client version discussed in the announcement: Dev Update: Daily Login, Revised Challenges and Bug Smashing. We currently anticipate the 2.28.1 client to be live before the end of May.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused and thanks in advance for your understanding.

Respectfully yours,

Alex

thanks a lot XD this chat bug is too much irritatin and do something for the chat lagging as well ..... my messages sometimes takes 2 mins to go through :/

• 2 weeks later...

Any set date for the patch yet?

I saw the maintenence notice today's morning so i believe that they might release the patch today . And i hope it will be having all fixes for all the bugs specially the white card bug :)

Just read the announcement. New patch time is first week in June due to a delay with the apple store verification of the new client.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the last patch I have experienced chat filtering of normal non-offensive chat messages a 2-3 times. So it seems to me that there still is a problem, but you did a great job, since the improvement is fantastic! 

Archived