Opening Pack - Rare Card Xatu

jbcheshire

I just scanned in 28 code cards from Roaring Skies. I have opened five packs, and in each case but one the Rare card was a Xatu #29: two regular and two shiny... @@#@@#@# ***!!! I refuse to open any more packs until system is updated!@!!!

What you get in the online packs is completely random; the same as physical packs. It's just the luck of the draw.

I know it's luck of the draw... But I have never had 4 rare cards in a row, and this game has to many "human hands" in it which creates less randomness than if these were the physical cards.  And I can tell you that I did NOT get 4 Xatu's as my rares in all of these 28 physical packs i opened....

That is one of the frustrating parts about this online game is that there are so many bugs in it, and that we when we make suggestions that is passed on to the developers... Just tired of all of this non-random mistakes from this game...

Agree that some aspects of the game aren't random enough, but that's just because the game is using pseudo randomness, best solution i can think of in this case is for them to use RandomORG's service to generate truly random numbers, they have an API so i imagine it wouldn't be too hard for the developer team to embed it into the code, but that decision remains on the developers. This can make all pseudo random (thus to some extent controllable) events, like coin flips, cards from booster packs, or even hand draws truly random (uncontrollable). If you're wondering why i wrote "controllable", it's because they are to some extent, now i can't pretend to know what exact calculations this game's pseudo rng (random number generator) uses, but it usually factors in current time, specifically milliseconds, and that means the outcome of any random event in the game depends on time, which means you can control it to some extent. For example, when you open a pack, don't do it right away, instead wait a random amount of time (between let's say 30 sec to 5 mins) and also give it some time before you click to reveal uncommon's/rare's, plus wait some before you open another pack, you'll probably see that the cards vary. That's all from me, not to make this post longer than it should be lol.

Archived