People Stalling Matches

Ceildric

This is the first and last time I will put up with having some troll stalling a match for 15 mins after he's essentially lost.

I had taken 5 prize cards and he had taken 0.  I was set for the knock-out punch on my next turn and he had no way out of it (it was a theme deck match, so I'm sure of this).

And then he decides to stall and taunt me for 15 mins.

As a paying customer (I have bought a lot of codes for this game, and would buy gems if they were available in my region), I demand something be done about people like that.

I'm not going to put another cent into this game when people can waste my time like that without repercussion.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I was playing on my iPad, thus I couldn't just simply tab out of the game.  I had to sit there tapping the screen semi-frequently to keep my iPad from going to sleep and losing the game.

Plus one on this and for people resorting to name calling when they are losing.

Btw Ceildric, you were not using seismitoad were you? :)

Plus one on this and for people resorting to name calling when they are losing.

Btw Ceildric, you were not using seismitoad were you? :)

No, was just a theme deck match.  There had been no conversation or anything between us.  We were both using relatively powerful decks.  I was using the new Storm Rider, and he was using Dark Hammer.

Was just kidding mate! :) but on a more serious note, I appreciate your advocacy for fair trade so thank you and keep it up!

Was just kidding mate! :) but on a more serious note, I appreciate your advocacy for fair trade so thank you and keep it up!

No worries dude, figured you weren't being too serious :)  I appreciate the kind words of support.

Also, something I just remembered and need to edit into my original post... I should mention that I was playing on iPad, so, could not simply tab out of the client and wait for the guy.  I had to keep tapping the screen semi-frequently to keep my iPad from going to sleep the whole time.

Finally i can agree once with Ceildric. :)

Had this kind of opponents very often in the last few days. Very annoying. They want to force you to leave the game so they still win... 25 minutes which you can use for 1 turn only is by far too much. It should be 90 seconds at max.

Yeah that's so annoying, I just keep my iPad nearby and do something else like watch tv or get on the forums and check out what's up with my iPhone. Just on principle I can't concede and let the cheater win :D

Those stallers sure are annoying but I don't believe any drastic measure is needed because it only happens from time to time. Those measures would end up affecting more the people with slow internet in the end.

The solution for this is that the 3 "you're inactive" time-Staller player loses directly. First time I can give reason to Celdric xD

I've run into this several times myself, and I wholehearted agree that it's annoying. It's especially irritating during tournaments, because the long wait annoys everyone involved, even those who are not fighting that particular match!

I think there should be a limit of one "you're about to time out" notice per turn; from what I've seen between opponents and streamers, people who are actually playing the game generally don't trigger that notice more than once per turn, if at all.

Hello Trainers,

We hear you. The development team is actively working on systems to address intentional stalling. I can't say when, or even guarantee if, these new systems will be introduced to address intentional stalling, but I can reassure you that we are very aware of the issue.

I recently received a one day suspension for "exploitation" after I mentioned I was watching videos to a guy who was doing just this. I was watching videos because he was stalling the match, my bad.

I suggest you make a turn time limit. Leave the time out feature as it is. But make a turn last no more then lets say 5 minutes even if they keep pressing resume. That way if they are stalling at least they will only be able to stall for 5 minutes or something. I do take some long turns though but I think 5 minutes is long enough for any one turn (time only counts while you are in control just like the match timer) and 5 minutes would be annoying if you knew your opponent was stalling but its still short enought that it wouldn't be that terrible.

hey.. I also had a suggestion to make.. if your opponent disconnects and reconnects, his timer of 5 minutes resets.. however, if you miss seeing him reconnect, you have only one minute till you auto-lose, I think that should also probably be addressed to giving you a fixed amount of time

in my opinion, if the opponent has to disconnect and delay the match for you, under no circumstances should he be able to complain about you getting extra time- say 5 minutes- so you don't have to stare at the screen until he loses lest he reconnect and you get timed out

hey.. I also had a suggestion to make.. if your opponent disconnects and reconnects, his timer of 5 minutes resets.. however, if you miss seeing him reconnect, you have only one minute till you auto-lose, I think that should also probably be addressed to giving you a fixed amount of time

in my opinion, if the opponent has to disconnect and delay the match for you, under no circumstances should he be able to complain about you getting extra time- say 5 minutes- so you don't have to stare at the screen until he loses lest he reconnect and you get timed out

Good idea, I've lost a couple of matches this way lol. I decide to watch what's on TV since 5 mins wait staring at the screen is stupid and then find out that I'd lost my match because of timed out on my end. I also feel that a few people have tried to beat me this way since they reconnected around 4 to 4.5 mins. It takes me less than 30s to reconnect and reload.

Luckily my TV is right by my computer so I can just ignore stallers. I've actually gone and made lunch and the guy was still trying to get me to quit. It's funny when you counter troll them because they waste their time and don't get what they want.

I think the best solution is only being able to go inactive a certain amount of times. If you make any kind of time limit people are going to exploit it.

Luckily my TV is right by my computer so I can just ignore stallers. I've actually gone and made lunch and the guy was still trying to get me to quit. It's funny when you counter troll them because they waste their time and don't get what they want.

I think the best solution is only being able to go inactive a certain amount of times. If you make any kind of time limit people are going to exploit it.

either way its still a time limit. If you say you can only go inactive 5 times. Then you are esslentially saying their time limit is 5 times the lenght it is to time out. (about a minute I think) so 5 minutes. I just think legitimate people (my self included sometimes) can actually make that inactive timer come up more then once or twice a turn if its a decision heavy match while not nefariously stalling, just trying to get out of a corner.

please don't set the turn timer to something ludicrous like 5 mins.

frequently I find myself having to click the time-out warning 3ish times per turn. Why? Because i'm teaching my husband how to play. He'll watch me playing and ask me "why did you use that move when you could have used this move?" i then explain this to him, which can take over a minute. Or i'll say something like "he's got to bring out his chimchar now i've KO'd his magikarp" and he'll ask how i know that, and i have to explain.

so i spend 2 minutes and 2 timeouts explaining my reasoning to my man, teaching him how to play (i'm hoping to get him on this eventually but his rig has soundcard problems justnow) and THEN i start to make my plays. I then need atleast another minute to read cards and make decisions, seen as I only know cards I've seen and deliberatly try not to look them all up. I encounter cards that are new to me every day. I need time to understand them.

yes, stallers are ****. I agree, but we need to find a solution that doesn't punish someone who genuinly takes time to make decissions. I don't think the mods would be happy if i couldn't teach my man to play, and thus get him spending on the game, because of their anti-stall methods. Shooting themselves in the foot there.

the only wayi can think of to determine wether someone is stalling for a win, or genuinely weighing up what to do, would be to take into consideration how far away from defeat the person getting frequent timeout messages is. As most people tend to stall only when they know they are going to lose, example, they have no energy for several turns, they only have one pokemon with low health left, or the opponent has drawn 5 prize cards

the only wayi can think of to determine wether someone is stalling for a win, or genuinely weighing up what to do, would be to take into consideration how far away from defeat the person getting frequent timeout messages is. As most people tend to stall only when they know they are going to lose, example, they have no energy for several turns, they only have one pokemon with low health left, or the opponent has drawn 5 prize cards

I would argue that these times are the most likly spot where people are going to be legitametly taking a long time. Some decks can come back from a 0-5 prize deficit if they play their cards right.

Whats more likly? People taking a long time when they are in a tough spot to try and get the miracle win, or people taking a long time cause they are teaching someone?

i don't think it's a good idea, that's why i'm not a game dev :P it's simply the only idea i can think of. I said i t highlight the problem at hand, it's near impossible for a computer to determine who's abusing a system and who's using it. And the fact that any suggestion, even my own, fails to target only those abusing

Archived