Could not connect to server?

Salano2

Hi I am trying to get the game client started but as soon as i start I get an error that says "Could not connect to server" My internet is obviously working since I am able to post here. Did something happen to the game ??

Hi Salano2,

Everything appears to be fine with the server - I'm able to launch the game myself. Are you getting a stall at "Authenticating" or "Loading Assets"? If so, some players have reported that this can be solved by performing any outstanding Windows or Java updates. 

If you've made any changes to your router/modem or are using a different internet connection, this might be an issue of port forwarding.

There are three ports that must be opened for the game to work: 8181, 5222 and 39389. 39389 is the "gateway" port that the client connects to momentarily to get information on which connection servers are available and their IP addresses. 8181 is the port that the client makes a dedicated connection to in order to play the game. 5222 is the port that connects to the chat server. If you're unsure of how to check these ports, we recommend using your preferred search engine to search for "(Name of modem/router) port forwarding".

Thanks for your patience, and I hope this was helpful!

Even my game is also showing the same error today mod_poplar . The game cannot connect to server.

Archived