[GAME] Versus Mode - The Concede button sometimes cannot be selected or is unresponsive

Bobix86

First bug is that i couldn't concede twice now, it just doesn't react when i press concede.

Second, it triggered Cammie when i pressed it once so i had to force close the game.

Mod_Poplar

Hi Bobix86,

When you experienced this, had you recently disabled or re-enabled the New User Experience via the Options panel?

If that wasn't the case, this may be related to the well-known inactivity timer bug. The Dev team is still actively investigating this and would appreciate if you could submit your game log if you experience it again. You can save your game log by clicking the Social Menu, clicking on the Game Log tab, clicking "Export", and pasting the text that was copied to your Clipboard into a .txt file. We ask that you then submit that to us via a support ticket, which you can create by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question".

Thanks for your patience and your report!

Bobix86

Nope, i didn't turn on/off new user experience.

As Stratadrake asked in another topic, can all error notifications get logged accordingly? To be specific, in this case, can it log what happens when i click concede and it fails to work? If not (i imagine it's only for recording info related to gameplay not the code itself), the game log only serves to provide possible info of what steps could have caused the bug. May i suggest the dev team implements a button to dump what ever is going on in the memory (under the hood so to speak) and send it straight to the dev team w/o being able to see the code to prevent hacking and such, together with bug description of course, it just might help to figure out the source of these bugs and will greatly aid in bugfixing.

Edited by Bobix86
Bobix86

If that wasn't the case, this may be related to the well-known inactivity timer bug.

Sorry for the late update, i just read your post better this time, second bug i mentioned is probably related to the known inactivity timer bug, but the first one started happening right after the roaring skies update so i can imagine it's a new bug. Plus the concede button is grayed out.

Edited by Bobix86
  • 2 weeks later...
Mod_Poplar

Hey there!

Apologies for the delay! This is now a known issue which the Dev team is working to resolve. We appreciate your patience until then!

Game logs only record gameplay actions (turns, attacks, coin flips, etc.). I can submit your suggestion for a more in-depth log to the Dev team, however!

Thanks again for your patience! I'll be closing this thread now. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Enrageddark1

I have a picture of the pop up box with a darkened concede box after being frozen, but able to idle out. 

Enrageddark1

OK, its now doing it for sure with this card, Holographic N from Dark Explorers set.  It does the regular asking to get fewer cards than the hand and if you are sure.  Then it freezes up the game, but not the timing for idle or entire game progress.  I cannot concede as the box is darkened and cannot be chosen.  Please address this issue, thank you.

Mefftu

OK, its now doing it for sure with this card, Holographic N from Dark Explorers set.  It does the regular asking to get fewer cards than the hand and if you are sure.  Then it freezes up the game, but not the timing for idle or entire game progress.  I cannot concede as the box is darkened and cannot be chosen.  Please address this issue, thank you.

The moment the game freezes after a card lets you draw new cards - there are apparently now a dozen around that auto-freeze the game at any random times - only the game freezing player can concede the game.

He or she has to wait until the timer from Cammie pops up with the 'inactive player' message and then has to ignore this window by not clicking on resume and the game is lost (then only one more minute is wasted). That's the only way to concede when not clicking on the 'red X' for leaving the whole client.