Why is everyone hating on the Dragons? Daily challange Frustration.

Wolfman_11

The daily challange is a neat way to have a different goal to work for and learn new techniques. I usually can complete the challange with ease, sometimes within one or two games.

My current challange has taken me days and I can't seem to get anywhere because of quitters. The only plus it I am spinning the winner wheel a lot.

The first challange is knock out 24 opponants with your dragon. I then got an additional challange to evolve 18 dragons.

I don't know why but people seem to be afraid of the dragons. They quit when I bring a good one out. They quit when I evolve one. They quit when I am about to make a hit to fulfill a knockout.

For the most part the dragons  are weak until you get them trained up, and I can accept being beaten, since thats the way it goes. I am just wondering though why there is such a hate on for the dragons, that makes people quit?

I don't think it's specifically the Dragons. It's just that there are way too many people who quit at the first sign of trouble. It makes any "KO 24 Pokémon" challenge so much more nightmarish than it should ever be.

Some players don't like playing against opponents who are doing the daily challenge. Worst experience I had was my opponent calling me "names" by playing such decks. Learning from such experiences I did two things.

1. Tweaked my daily challenge decks to be at least competitive so as not to bore my opponent. May take a bit longer to accomplish my goal but at least the game won't be boring. (Unless I'm playing against toad decks). :P

2. Inform my opponent first hand that I'm doing the daily challenge. This has helped facilitate things. A couple of my opponent quit right after knowing this but a lot more played on. Some are even doing the daily challenge themselves so we helped each other out to accomplish both our goals.

Now that I think about it, I don't recall having any other "KO 24 Pokémon" challenge yet; maybe they will all be that way.

It just gets frustrating when you play 4 games in a row and never get a KO with the right pokemon since the other player quits just as you get set up.

I agree with bocs888 to at least make the deck playable. Yes I have a task at hand but I still want to have a chance to win.

Some people have made some boring decks but that takes the fun out of it.

I too will tell people that I am in a "whatever" challange and often they play along, so I make sure they get the last hit for being a good sport. I once put a guy to sleep 19 times in one game.

Well I don't feel alone then. I have only been playing about 5 months and wondered if it was a Dragon thing, but I suppose it is just a people thing.

I would love to get more dragon points.  I use kingdra to evolve them and black kyurem or mega-charizard for the other ones.

the challenge I don't understand is the 'paralyze with your lightenging type'... I haven't done any lightening type challenges yet.

I would love to get more dragon points.  I use kingdra to evolve them and black kyurem or mega-charizard for the other ones.

the challenge I don't understand is the 'paralyze with your lightenging type'... I haven't done any lightening type challenges yet.

i had the paralyze challenge, you can paralyze with any pokemon that can do paralysis, i use my trev/accelgor deck to do that challenge and it does boost the lightning types level.

I don't think it's specifically the Dragons. It's just that there are way too many people who quit at the first sign of trouble. It makes any "KO 24 Pokémon" challenge so much more nightmarish than it should ever be.

This. Especially on an off type. I've gotten the steel challenge a few times and selected the other option. I don't even have enough usable steel pokemon to build a mediocre deck. And now that trading has basically been temporarily disabled I have no way of acquiring more except packs.

Archived