Black box appears in area where log in box is on clien

Vudujasman

Ever since I got the update that was released in March 2015, I opened the client, after downloading the update, to add some new boosters and special cards that I had bought. When I opened it the window appeared, but where the log in box would usually be, there was a rectangular black box. I could not click any button that was covered by the box, so I could not access the game. Please help, should I do certain steps to fix this problem, or delete and re-download. Please reply with answers.
P.S. I am using the windows client.
:blink:

-Vudujasman

I have also downloaded the update after this I can't remember which month the update was from, either May, or April

I too seem to be having this problem. I haven't played in a while and downloaded on my new computer yesterday. Loads with a black rectangle that stays up for a few minutes, then it will go away and will show the two characters at the main menu but any moving animations and all buttons and either black boxes or just missing. Can still click the buttons (when i can find them), but they just cause the client to freeze. I've deleted and redownloaded with no luck.

(Sorry to highjack your thread Vudujasman, but I assume that it's the same problem you are having. Hopefully we can get a fix. :) Good Luck Trainer, maybe we will meet in battle one day. lol)

Some players have reported that they can fix this issue by entering full screen mode (by hitting: Alt+Enter). I recommend trying that, and seeing if that help clear up your graphical issues.

Hope that helps!

Just to add onto Mod_Elderberry's post, black boxes in the place of normal graphics can also indicate that your computer's graphics drivers may be out of date. This is especially likely if you haven't played in a while or just got a new computer! ^_^

Also, some players have reported that they were required to uninstall/reinstall the game after updating their drivers in order for it to work. You can check out Alex Leary's post about it here!

Hope that helps!

Archived