TCGO Algoritm are really bad

DeGRa1994

Hello, I'm really frustrated to TCGO, because TCGO algoritm are really bad.

1) When I'm going to KO opponent's pokèmon with Mew-EX that copy Bibarel PRC attack (80* until I get tails), and systematically I get an EXPLOSION of TAILS (I play fliptini OK?!).

I feel the same thing with M-Kangaskhan-EX when I throw for the first time the coin I always get TAILS. If the defender pokèmon has got 10 HP I get from the coin 17 HEADS, it's CRAZY.

2)How it's possible that I have to begin a match very often with a dead hand if I have lots of supporters card in my deck (mathematically I have 2 supporters in my hand)

3)How it's possible that opponents when I play N to put in theirs hand 1-2 cards they very often Juniper, Colress or other drawing stuff instead of ultraball or switches or energies??

I'm really angry and frustrated to play like this.

This is a game, not a program to make people angry, but I feel like it's the second option.

I have been experiencing the same with coin flips but thought it was just bad luck. Now I am not so sure. I too get bad flips when i need them and excellent flips when I didn't, especially Bibarel.

Don't forget ALWAYS facing an opponent who's got types you're weak to, or who resists yours, in the first or second round of a tournament. ALWAYS.

I was facing an opponent with my Huntail/Ho-Oh ex deck and surprisely I GOT 6 TAILS REBIRTH IN 2 TURNS (and I have got 3 Ho-Oh ex in my discard pile)

The opponent won the game giving me a wast of time and tickets.

This is really bad.

Edit

Don't forget that you lose your time while it's still the opponent's turn

There have been complaints about the coin flips being ... unusually streaky before.  I think there should be a notation added to the game log showing the total # of coinflips (heads vs. tails) for each player, for statistical purposes.

Having been occupied with many random outcomes in games for years now, i feel entitled to say the following:

There is nothing wrong with the game algorithm, it's when you press to flip that counts. Now i can try to explain this further, but it would be a long post and i'm not even sure if i could explain it correctly. Best tip i can give you is to wait a certain amount of time (few seconds) before you start flipping, and i'm sure you won't experience many bad streaks. That's all from me, without getting into the details.

As for getting dead hands and stuff, i can say that it happens, but not often enough (for me at least) to be considered a bad algorithm.

Hey there!

The Dev team tests coin flipping and other such functions regularly, and we aren't currently seeing any issues with how this works. The outcomes described in this thread can certainly be frustrating, but they're entirely possible in games that require a bit of luck and chance. I encourage you to keep playing and notice that other outcomes are possible as well. :)

Good luck!

Archived