Tournament 12 Minute Timer

SlowpokeXXL

Needs to be increased to 15 minutes (each). There are some matchups where it's very hard to win within that amount of time due to resistance + all the actions that have to be taken every turn, like a Zubat variant vs Donphans. This is not the players' fault; there's a forced amount of time on waiting for flips, Lysandre's Last Resort (especially when the discard pile is almost full) etc. 15 minutes will be enough time for all matches with maybe a few extreme exceptions.

Now you might say 'Oh no the waiting time is already long enough!' but I'm already grabbing my 3ds to play some Pokemon ORAS when my match finishes before the others are done, I'm sure that a couple of minutes extra won't matter that much since it's going to be a long wait either way if it's a match as described above. I hope that you'll do something with this feedback. :)

Definitely agree on this. My girlfriend, who's still pretty new at the game, was playing some tournaments the other day and since she had to both figure out how the game works, AND take extra time to think her actions through as well, kept (almost) timing out.

There was this one game where all she had to do was attack every turn to win near the end of her timer, but instead lost because of the animation times + having to select a prize, which I thought is really bad design on the system.

The turn timer should not count after a player has selected the attack action (and there are no secondary effects to resolve), and should definitely not tick during animations, especially those that you mentioned, Lysandre's Trump Card, coin flips, etc. Playing with animations enabled should not make your tournament experience worse.

The tournament timer in general, while well-intended as waiting for other tournament games to finish can indeed be pretty painful, is really detrimental to A) new players and B ) people who run decks that are more complicated to play and/or have more complicated mechanics than "Attach Muscle Band + DCE and proceed to spam 1 attack every turn" - we all know that one :P

So all in all +1 on bumping it up a few minutes. Frankly, even 20 minutes would not be a stretch, I think - you can do other things while waiting for your tournament game to start, but you can't do anything about running out of time if you're running a deck with once-a-turn abilities etc.

I rather have decrease to 10 minutes to avoid multiple ways to exploit idle/disconnection system. It was 15 minutes but due massive ***** the the idle/disconnection its reduced to 12:30.

The timer is fine, 12:30 are more than enough to finish any given matchup, without having to rush all the way through.

Learn how to play your deck, disable a couple of graphic options, if they take to long in your opinion, and you'll never run out of time.

@ShadowU:

Tbh, thats a terrible example you give, because everyone starts as a new player once, so I guess we can all understand that it might take more time to finish a game at this state, but this should in no way affect the tournaments.

However, once she knows how to play properly, she won't have any more problems.

That being said, I personally don't know any field/sport/game where you just start and then, without getting the basics done, join a tournament and expect to do well :P.

Archived