[GAME] Versus Mode, Tournaments - Inactivity messaging appears when both players are active and prevents game progression

thetamale

The you are inactive message appeared during my turn and the your opponent one popped up during theirs. I was playing and I could see my opponent attaching energies so there was no inactivity. The opponent's counter reached zero and now the game is frozen, neither timer is moving and the stars are circling my opponent's avatar.

UPDATE: Can't concede the match either pressing the concede button does nothing.

I'm certain I read this in the known bugs thread at the top of the forum......

It sounds very familiar to the Lucario Corkscrew Smash attack that would freeze the game and force an auto loss to the user of the attack by timing them out.  They to know about this one and I haven't had it happen in a while but I'm sure they are working on these because forcing auto losses due to time outs or making players concede if they can is a BIG ISSUE especially now that we that the on demand tournaments.  I'd be furious if I paid 6 tickets to one of the standard roaring sky tournaments and was given an auto loss do to a glitchy inactive warning.

I checked thread titlez (if I put an s it gets censored) but not the known big thread. This was just a standard theme deck match, had to alt f4 the game. Apparently it still counted because my daily challenge disappeared when I booted it back up, I didn't check what xp that type was on beforehand so can't really verify.

Hi there!

This is, in fact, a known issue. If you experience this again and are able to get past the alert/timer to save your game log information, we'd greatly appreciate if you could submit that to us via a support ticket. You can save your game log by clicking the Social Menu, clicking the Game Log tab, clicking "Export" and saving the text that was copied onto your Clipboard in a .txt document. You can then submit a support ticket by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question".

Thanks for your patience and your report!

EDIT: If you're unable to access your game log, the following would also be helpful:

• A description of actions taken shortly before experiencing this issue.
  • Your device (Mac, PC, iPad).
  • Your system information via DxDiag (for Windows) or System Profiler (for Mac).
  • If you're on an iPad, your model and version number.

My first time logging in to TCGO for awhile and trying to play a match ... did not go well.  At all: the match never made it past the initial coinflip.

But here's the general idea of what I was doing prior to that:

1 - My game client updated itself (from one of the Primal Clash versions to current Roaring Skies version) and successfully.

2 - I redeemed a few miscellaneous code cards in the shop.

3 - I was AFK for about three minutes working on some other tasks. (I believe this may be relevant to what happens next, so remember it.)

4 - Then, I went to VS mode and started up a Theme deck match.  I picked my Psy Crusher deck (I don't believe the deck is relevant), and just to be on the safe side, hit the View Deck (eye) button to check the cards and ensure they're loaded before starting up an actual match.  No problems to report here.

5 - Then I hit the Start Match button, and am matched with a player's Basic Orange deck in about 30 seconds.

Now here's where things go weird, with a capital W.

6 - There's an odd delay before the coinflip.  Not a serious delay, but noticeable all the same.

7 - An error message to the tune of "Server Unavailable / You have been inactive for awhile and disconnected, please reload the game client" (paraphrased, sorry) pops up.

8 - Then the coinflip commences.  Opponent flips coin (and loses).

9 - Nothing happens.  Cammie appears within the next 60 seconds, counts down to zero, and nothing happens still.  Timers on both sides are not counting.

10 - I can still access the game chat, game log, and Options menu, but there is no way to exit the match (Concede button greyed out).  The only thing I can do is force close the game client.

11 - The next ten minutes are spent switching over to Firefox so I can make this post.  (TCGO game client is in fact still idling as I type this, with the normal match music playing.)

But here's the rub:  How could a "Server Unavailable" message even occur in the first place AFTER getting matched up with another player for a game?  Or phrased the other way around, if I was disconnected due to inactivity (I was away from the machine for a few minutes between opening booster packs and setting up a VS match) how could the game let me start a VS match and even find an opponent?  In previous versions of the client, if I'm disconnected suddenly I get a message to the tune of "The connection with the server has been lost" and am immediately bounced back to the frontend login screen (even if it occured midmatch).

I did have a game log, but there's really nothing of interest to note because it starts AND ends with the initial coinflip.  But here's the version info from the log at least:

----------
Versions Data:
Client Version: 2.28.0.1392.Live.14598:79
Server Version: 2.28.0.1697
Bundles Version: 618
Current Game ID: 45139c20-f915-11e4-8bdb-22000af90179
----------

I was playing a theme deck game today using basic grass and the opponent using basic fire, closing to the end of the game, cammy suddenly pop up saying your opponent is inactive (blah blah etc.)... but this was still during MY TURN. So i cant proceed further, and decide to wait... and than Cammy decide to fault me by popping up a msg on my side XD ... (You have been inactive... blah blah). I hit ok the game froze -.- with the final msg box from cammy displaying (you opponent have been in active... with the timer at 00:00).

Somebody take Cammy to ruling school... she have no idea what she doing. XD

Blue 

Cammy should be fired , she should be replaced another beautifull girl . She looks horrible too like she is going to eat you  :unsure: .

This just happened to me. I just had to force quit a game on my iPad cause I kept getting player inactive clock, while my opponent was still playing cards. Then when it got to my turn it went away, only to come back a few minutes later, at which point the game wouldn't let me do any thing, not even concede. Even after a short amount of time it was saying I was inactive.

This glitch has been happening for a long time, and I'm sure the devs are almost done with this bug.

Try to do something because in this way the game is unplayable

Lik

Were you talking to me? If you were, I don't have that kind of authority to solve something like this. Sorry.

i also have problems with the being inactive, it happens  sometimes during my turn or even during my opponent turn, today  i used n , and then game stuck, i couldn't make  any move i could just wait until my time of being inactive go(and i was in such good postition i just need one attack to ko both donphans,leaving opponent with robo subistute and 1 zekrom without energy).This problems happens quite often to me maybe once on 7-8 matches,and this problem is very unpredictable sometimes happens after using supporter , or ability for example forrtress, or even after the attack,like i said during mu turn or opponent's. I wish they will fix it this bug and not just this one.

Was playing a theme deck tournament in the final round. Was behind on prizes, but had the advantage on the board. Suddenly during my turn, it reports the oppenent inactive and counts down to 0, and just stays on it. His timer is still counting down and I leave it going for a few minutes. It eventually goes away, but neither timer is going down at this point and I cant make any plays. I cant do anything and I eventually have to go into my task manager to close the program. I logged back in to find that I was the one who lost. So yeah... I imagine there is nothing I can do about this.

Was playing a theme deck tournament in the final round. Was behind on prizes, but had the advantage on the board. Suddenly during my turn, it reports the oppenent inactive and counts down to 0, and just stays on it. His timer is still counting down and I leave it going for a few minutes. It eventually goes away, but neither timer is going down at this point and I cant make any plays. I cant do anything and I eventually have to go into my task manager to close the program. I logged back in to find that I was the one who lost. So yeah... I imagine there is nothing I can do about this.

This is a common bug, and has been reported. It's named "The Cammy Bug" since it features the NPC Cammy on the timer. The Dev. Team is working on it, so please, be patient.

Also, a piece of advice: Look to the forums first, and see if the same bug you want to report have been reported, since it can actually slow the process of finding a fix (http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/30970-aint-it-ridicilous/?p=374306). If you want a list of current bugs, click the proceeding link (http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/17206-pokémon-tcg-online-known-bugs/?p=257445) this is the list of bugs that have been solved, and are currently being worked on. Thanks for your time!

Hey Stratadrake!

Apologies for the delay. While it may not seem like a game log will help, the Dev team may still be able to get some useful information out if it. If you still have it, please submit that via support ticket. We would appreciate it. :) If you can, please also reference this thread so we can make sure your description and your game log get to the right people.

Thanks for your patience!

To me, the only useful bit of information in the game log appears to be the game ID, but will do.

On a sidenote, two days later the server was given maintenance to resolve some issues, but my experience didn't match any of the symptoms stated in the announcement.

I pretty much stopped playing this game about a month ago, every single time I would log in I would find some stupid glitch, be forced to quit and lose tokens/tournament tickets and today was no exception. I logged in, thinking that I would try the game out again because of the update maybe some of my dozens of complaints would have been fixed. I was in a tournament, second round and about 5 minutes in, the game glitched out the inactive player icon appeared and didn't go away even after 2-3 minutes it was still there, the only things I could do were; chat and click on the menu button, I couldn't even concede the game. So I had to alt f4 the game and come straight here. It has only been a few minutes so I don't know whether or not I will receive my booster pack for coming 3-4 in the tournament. PLEASE fix this, I feel like this game is still in early production due to the sheer amount of glitches in this game.

Edit: I did receive my reward so it wasn't a total loss and I was losing the match so it wasn't a huge deal for that one but this issue still stands

Hi Zeemar,

Our apologies for the issue you ran into. It is one that we are aware of, but has been very hard for us to reproduce in a testing environment and therefor hard for us to put a final solution in place.

We do have a new client, version 2.28.1, that should be live next week that includes a number of bug fixes and refinements. We know we have more work to do after that regarding the bugs in the game, but we're working on it. You can read more about client version 2.28.1 here: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/30672-dev-update-daily-login-revised-challenges-and-bug-smashing/

We really appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback. It is very valuable to us.

Hello Trainers!

The Dev team is hard at work trying to track down this bug. If you experience this again, it would be incredibly helpful if you could submit your game log to us via support ticket. You can save the game log from your match by clicking the Social Menu, clicking the Game Log tab, and clicking "Export". This will copy it to your Clipboard where you can paste it into a .txt file and attach it to your ticket. You can create a ticket by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question". If you can't get the game log for some reason, a detailed explanation of everything that occurred before this happened would be helpful as well.

Thanks for your patience!

It happened again. Game log doesn't mention anything about being inactive. Second time I've had to alt f4 the game. Submitted a ticket.

game gave me the enemy inactive pop-up during my turn then wouldn't let me click anything, heres the log.

Game Log Output Begins Here:
1. david23s flipped 1 coins resulting in 0 heads and 1 tails, for Start of Game.
2. It is now david23s's turn (Turn #1).
3. kitess drew Mew-EX.
4. kitess drew Professor Birch's Observations.
5. kitess drew Double Colorless Energy.
6. kitess drew Lampent.
7. kitess drew Lampent.
8. kitess drew Professor Sycamore.
9. kitess drew Psychic Energy.
10. david23s drew a card.
11. david23s drew a card.
12. david23s drew a card.
13. david23s drew a card.
14. david23s drew a card.
15. david23s drew a card.
16. david23s drew a card.
17. david23s drew a card.
18. david23s drew a card.
19. david23s drew a card.
20. david23s drew a card.
21. david23s drew a card.
22. david23s drew a card.
23. david23s drew a card.
24. david23s drew a card.
25. david23s drew a card.
26. david23s drew a card.
27. david23s drew a card.
28. david23s drew a card.
29. david23s drew a card.
30. david23s drew a card.
31. david23s drew a card.
32. david23s drew a card.
33. david23s drew a card.
34. david23s drew a card.
35. david23s drew a card.
36. david23s drew a card.
37. david23s drew a card.
38. david23s drew a card.
39. david23s drew a card.
40. david23s drew a card.
41. david23s drew a card.
42. david23s drew a card.
43. david23s drew a card.
44. david23s drew a card.
45. Mew-EX became kitess's new active Pokémon.
46. kitess drew Double Colorless Energy.
47. kitess drew Professor Birch's Observations.
48. kitess drew Trainers' Mail.
49. kitess drew Acro Bike.
50. david23s drew a card.
51. david23s played Rock Guard.
52. david23s attached a Double Colorless Energy to Murkrow.
53. david23s played Skyla.
54. david23s drew a card.
55. david23s put Shaymin-EX onto the Bench.
56. david23s drew a card.
57. david23s drew a card.
58. david23s played Sky Field.
59. It is now kitess's turn (Turn #2).
60. kitess drew Pumpkaboo.
61. kitess attached a Double Colorless Energy to Mew-EX.
62. kitess played Acro Bike.
63. kitess drew Muscle Band.
64. kitess played Muscle Band.
65. kitess played Trainers' Mail.
66. kitess drew Switch.
67. kitess put Pumpkaboo onto the Bench.
68. kitess played Professor Birch's Observations.
69. kitess flipped 1 coins resulting in 0 heads and 1 tails, for Professor Birch's Observations.
70. kitess drew Lysandre.
71. kitess drew Revive.
72. kitess drew Dimension Valley.
73. kitess drew Lampent.

Game Log Output Ends Here

*** Debug Game Log Output Begins Here ***

Data For Entry Number: 1
Log Entry: david23s flipped 1 coins resulting in 0 heads and 1 tails, for Start of Game.
No debug data found, likely this is an entry for drawing a card, displaying coin flip results, or a similar action.

Data For Entry Number: 2
Log Entry: It is now david23s's turn (Turn #1).
No debug data found, likely this is an entry for drawing a card, displaying coin flip results, or a similar action.

Data For Entry Number: 3
Log Entry: kitess drew Mew-EX.
Source:
Name: MewEX
Set Name: BW11
Set Number: 139
Card Type: Pokemon
Entity Name: Pokemon
Owner: Current Player
Actor:
Name:
Set Name: No Set Data
Set Number: No Set Number
Card Type: No Card Type
Entity Name: PlayerEntity

Data For Entry Number: 4
Log Entry: kitess drew Professor Birch's Observations.
Source:
Name: ProfessorBirchsObservations
Set Name: XY5
Set Number: 134
Card Type: TrainerCard
Entity Name: TrainerCard
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 5
Log Entry: kitess drew Double Colorless Energy.
Source:
Name: DoubleColorlessEnergy
Set Name: BW4
Set Number: 092
Card Type: Energy
Entity Name: Energy
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 6
Log Entry: kitess drew Lampent.
Source:
Name: Lampent
Set Name: XY4
Set Number: 042
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 7
Source: Card not revealed yet so there's no card data. This is likely from a draw card action. Player who performed this action: Current Player
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 8
Log Entry: kitess drew Professor Sycamore.
Source: Card not revealed yet so there's no card data. This is likely from a draw card action. Player who performed this action: Current Player
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 9
Log Entry: kitess drew Psychic Energy.
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 10
Log Entry: david23s drew a card.
Source: Card not revealed yet so there's no card data. This is likely from a draw card action. Player who performed this action: Opponent
Actor:
Name:
Owner: Opponent

Data For Entry Number: 11
Source: Card not revealed yet so there's no card data. This is likely from a draw card action. Player who performed this action: Opponent
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 12
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 13
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 14
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 15
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 16
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 17
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 18
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 19
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 20
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 21
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 22
Source:
Name: Skyla
Set Name: BW7
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 23
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 24
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 25
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 26
Source:
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 27
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 28
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 29
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 30
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 31
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 32
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 33
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 34
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 35
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 36
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 37
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 38
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 39
Source:
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 40
Source:
Name: Murkrow
Set Number: 051
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 41
Source:
Name: RockGuard
Set Name: BW9
Set Number: 108
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 42
Source:
Name: ShayminEX
Set Name: XY6
Set Number: 106
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 43
Source: Card not revealed yet so there's no card data. This is likely from a draw card action. Player who performed this action:
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 44
Source:
Set Number: 111
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 45
Log Entry: Mew-EX became kitess's new active Pokémon.
Source:
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 46
Log Entry: kitess drew Double Colorless Energy.
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 47
Log Entry: kitess drew Professor Birch's Observations.
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 48
Log Entry: kitess drew Trainers' Mail.
Source:
Name: TrainersMail
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 49
Log Entry: kitess drew Acro Bike.
Source:
Name: AcroBike
Set Number: 122
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 50
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 51
Log Entry: david23s played Rock Guard.
Source:
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 52
Log Entry: david23s attached a Double Colorless Energy to Murkrow.
Source:
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 53
Log Entry: david23s played Skyla.
Source:
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 54
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 55
Log Entry: david23s put Shaymin-EX onto the Bench.
Source:
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 56
Source:
Name: SkyField
Set Number: 089
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 57
Source: Card not revealed yet so there's no card data. This is likely from a draw card action. Player who performed this action:
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 58
Log Entry: david23s played Sky Field.
Source:
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 59
Log Entry: It is now kitess's turn (Turn #2).

Data For Entry Number: 60
Log Entry: kitess drew Pumpkaboo.
Source:
Name: Pumpkaboo
Set Number: 044
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 61
Log Entry: kitess attached a Double Colorless Energy to Mew-EX.
Source:
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 62
Log Entry: kitess played Acro Bike.
Source:
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 63
Log Entry: kitess drew Muscle Band.
Source:
Name: MuscleBand
Set Name: XY1
Set Number: 121
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 64
Log Entry: kitess played Muscle Band.
Source:
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 65
Log Entry: kitess played Trainers' Mail.
Source:
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 66
Log Entry: kitess drew Switch.
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 67
Log Entry: kitess put Pumpkaboo onto the Bench.
Source:
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 68
Log Entry: kitess played Professor Birch's Observations.
Source:
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 69
Log Entry: kitess flipped 1 coins resulting in 0 heads and 1 tails, for Professor Birch's Observations.

Data For Entry Number: 70
Log Entry: kitess drew Lysandre.
Source:
Name: Lysandre
Set Name: XY2
Set Number: 090
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 71
Log Entry: kitess drew Revive.
Source:
Name: Revive
Set Number: 088
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 72
Log Entry: kitess drew Dimension Valley.
Source:
Name: DimensionValley
Set Number: 093
Actor:
Name:

Data For Entry Number: 73
Source:
Actor:
Name:

*** Debug Game Log Output Ends Here ***

*** Debug Current Game State Output Begins Here ***

*** Cards Data Begins Here ***

P1 Cards In Deck Cards (Count: 42)

P1 Cards In Discard (Count: 4) :
Top Card #1 in card group:
Name: Switch
Set Number: 091
Card #2 in card group:
Card #3 in card group:
Card #4 in card group:

P1 Active Pokemon (Count: 1) :
Card attached to Mew-EX:

Card #1 in card group:
Set Name: BW4
Card #2 in card group:

P1 Bench Pokemon (Count: 1) :

P1 Cards In Prize Pile (Count: 6) :
Card 1 not yet revealed
Card 2 not yet revealed
Card 3 not yet revealed
Card 4 not yet revealed
Card 5 not yet revealed
Card 6 not yet revealed

P1 Cards In Hand (Count: 4) :
Name: Lysandre
Set Name: XY2
Set Number: 090
Card #2 in card group:
Name: Revive
Set Number: 088
Card #3 in card group:
Name: DimensionValley
Set Number: 093
Card #4 in card group:

P1 Cards In Lost Zone (Count: 0) :

P1 Active Trainer (Count: 0) :

P2 Cards In Deck Cards (Count: 43)

P2 Cards In Discard (Count: 1) :

P2 Active Pokemon (Count: 1) :
Card attached to Murkrow:

Card #1 in card group:
Card #2 in card group:
Set Number: 111

P2 Bench Pokemon (Count: 1) :

P2 Cards In Prize Pile (Count: 6) :
Card 1 not yet revealed
Card 2 not yet revealed
Card 3 not yet revealed
Card 4 not yet revealed
Card 5 not yet revealed
Card 6 not yet revealed

P2 Cards In Hand (Count: 5) :
Card 1 not yet revealed
Card 2 not yet revealed
Card 3 not yet revealed
Card 4 not yet revealed
Card 5 not yet revealed

P2 Cards In Lost Zone (Count: 0) :

P2 Active Trainer (Count: 0) :

All Player Area, Out Of Play Cards: (Count: 0) :

All Player Area, Stadium Cards: (Count: 1) :

All Player Area, Active Trainer: (Count: ****

*** Cards Data Ends Here ***

*** Debug Current Game State Output Ends Here ***

Versions Data:
Client Version: 2.28.1.1464.Live.15141:80
Server Version: 2.28.1.1747
Bundles Version: 639
Current Game ID: bb3b4220-0aa6-11e5-b768-22000af90179

This sounds like Cammy to me. It's a known bug, and Dev. team is working on it, so please bear with us.

• 3 weeks later...

In The TCGO, I have no problem playing random battles online or playing the trainer challenges.  But every time I try to play a tournament, I run into some kind of problem.  Just now, I was in the middle of a round 1 match and the game randomly says my opponent is inactive and will lose due to inactivity.  But once the timer counted down to zero, it just stayed on that screen.  So now I am waiting for the my opponent's game timer to count down to zero since I'm just stuck in this screen. 

This is the 2nd time this has happened to me and I'm tired of spending my hard-earned tickets just for it to mess up every time.

EDIT: Timer counted down to zero and nothing happened....so now that's 8 tournament tickets down the drain.....

Archived