ReshiBoar! What do Y'all Think?

Mr-Mienshao

I ended up building something very similar to RayBoar... ReshiBoar!  The deck features Emboar doing the Inferno Fandango to attach all the Fire Energy you like to your mons, which is especially helpful because Reshiram's crazy powerful Blue Flare makes you discard two Energy to attack.

I wanted to add an Eevee line to ensure I don't roll over and die to anything packing Water Energy, but I didn't end up having the room.  So here's my list.

BURNING PIG

Pokemon (16)

3-3 Emboar - Inferno Fandango-er

2-3 Delphox - Hand Re-Stocker

2 Reshiram - Primary Attacker

3 Charizard-EX - Secondary Attacker

Trainers (29)

4 Great Ball - I much prefer these to Ultra Balls.

4 Energy Retrieval

4 Rare Candy

4 Professor's Letter - Bringer of Fire (Energy)

4 Skyla - Bringer of Candy

3 Tierno - Draws Stuff

3 Roller Skates - Also Draws Stuff

2 Pokemon Center Lady - Who doesn't love Nurse Joy?

1 Pokemon Fan Club - Searches for 10/16 mons in the deck

Energy (15)

13 Fire Energy

2 Double Colorless Energy

Replace Teirno with Colress and Professor Birch ! or maybe porfessor juniper\sycamore.

Though I am not a big fan of that Reshiram, but as you have decided, lets try an make it a good one :) Also added 2-3 Blacsmith, silver bangle, Scorched earth. Use energy retreivers and reduce skylas to 2. Add VS Seeker !

I hope it helps :)

Reshiram is one of my favourite pokemon.  Flying fire cat thing? awesome.

Playing two stage 2's is super hard.  I tried this same kind of deck.  Definitely agree with Harshu, VS Seeker is one of the best cards in the game.

Professor's Letter, Ultra Ball, Blacksmith.

You only need a couple Blacksmith for when you haven't got Emboar ready to go, but if you are only discarding 2 energy for Blue Flare you don't really need Emboar, only Blacksmith, which you can play again and again to stream Blue Flares if you have enough VS Seeker and multiple copies, so long as Delphox is in play.

I tried Delphox and often times was able to evolve 2 in a single game with a 3-1-3 line, 4 Ultra Ball 4 Rare Candy 4 Skyla, I also had a 3-1-3 Emboar line, in the end it was inconsistent, all depending on which I was able to evolve first, which was difficult because I could do nothing without Emboar (Using Camerupt EX).

In the end I did what apparently many Deluge / Inferno Fandango decks do: Use Electrode PLF, Magnetic Draw is not nearly as good as Mystical Fire, but it is still a game changer for decks that can empty your hand by allowing you to attach multiple energies, it's a win win, you attach energy AND you get to draw, leaving you free to play any trainer. 

Electrode is stage 1, so it's much easier to concentrate on making sure Emboar is ready to go first, since you don't need Electrode until Emboar is in play.

Delphox is so good once evolved however, that you could concentrate on using only the trainer cards suggested to keep Reshiram attacking.  Also, if you have the Combustion Blast Charizard rather than the Stoke Charizard you can Professor's Letter, Ultra Ball for Charizard EX, Blacksmith, attach DCE and combustion blast all in the same turn and still have 6 cards in your hand because of Delphox.  The other Charizard EX only discards 1 energy to attack, so having the ability to attach as many as you like with Emboar isn't all that important and you could rely on Blacksmith and Delphox instead.

Off hand, discarding cards can be advantageous, which is why I suggest Ultra Ball which gets you exactly the pokemon you need and puts energy in your discard over Great Ball, which is a lottery ticket.

Does anyone else agree that Delphox + Blacksmith might be better than Emboar + Energy Retrieval (But not better than Emboar + Superior Energy Retrieval where your main attacker discards more heavily)?

Wow, thanks for all those insights!  It'll take a bit to process it all.

I've tweaked the numbers a bit and managed to squeeze in the Eevee line.

Why do you say that discarding cards could be an advantage for me?

Night March and Flareon decks are based on intentionally discarding pokemon.

Many cards attach energy from your discard pile to your pokemon, so intentionally discarding energy with Ultra Ball, Battle Compressor, supporters that have hand discarding properties like Juniper and Sycamore is common since it can be attached by attacks and trainer cards as well as normally from your hand during your turn.

Landorus, Yveltal and Mega Manectric EX are examples of attackers that do this, Bronzong and Eelectric are examples of pokemon that do this by ability, Mega Turbo and Blacksmith are supporters that accomplish this.

Ultra Ball is the best way to discard energy: it fetches you your favourite pokemon while putting energy in your discard to be attached in these ways.

Awesome_guy brought up something in another thread, about Battle Compressor I might try:  Discard 2 fire energies and Blacksmith, then you can use a VS Seeker to use Blacksmith and attach the two energies because searching for supporters is a lot harder than searching for items, whereas if you know it's in your discard: pow.  So long as you have lots of VS Seeker you can keep using those two fire energies and that one Blacksmith over and over with Blue Flare.

I think he was referring to Wally, but setting up VS Seeker by discarding the supporter you want makes some kind of sense.

Awesome_guy brought up something in another thread, about Battle Compressor I might try:  Discard 2 fire energies and Blacksmith, then you can use a VS Seeker to use Blacksmith and attach the two energies because searching for supporters is a lot harder than searching for items, whereas if you know it's in your discard: pow.  So long as you have lots of VS Seeker you can keep using those two fire energies and that one Blacksmith over and over with Blue Flare.

I think he was referring to Wally, but setting up VS Seeker by discarding the supporter you want makes some kind of sense.

Hmm, that's some next level stuff right there. :D

Wanted to report that I faced off against a deck that was packing water energy as much as I was packing the fire.  However, I managed to win the day thanks to an opening hand Eevee into Leafeon. :)  Reshiram dealt with a pesky Kangaroo partway through the match and ol' Leafy did the rest.

Nice, a lot of cool water decks right now.  I had a crazy match in a tournament today against Keldeo EX and Primal Kyogre, the guy was able to Archie's Ace in the Hole a Primal Kyogre on turn 2, and evolve his EX at the same time.  His idea seemed to be depend on Keldeo EX / Float Stone to cycle the two Primal Kyogre so they recycled their energy.  Silent Lab broke Keldeo EX and he was unable to deliver any OHKO's with Primal Kyogre, the major flaw with that card. 

Dive Ball, Seismitoad, there are lots of evil water deck things going on.

Check out the Simisage thread.

Archived