Rich getting richer, poor getting poorer.. (new trade system)

BossJunioR

I've once again have to say how bad this update is!

Big players (no name calling but the same who already flooded the trades on crucial items) still got dozens of items in trade, because they already had thousands of tokens..

Everyone else are bound to a few trades a day, as, those who are only able to play a few games a day, will never be able to get the tokens back..

Not only this only benefits to those who play alot and are already "rich" in cards and tokens, it's also means we see the most ridicilous offers are the moment, as it's only the "rich" who got offers in trade as "standard value", STILL FLOODED WITH TENS TO HUNDREDS OF OFFERS in public trade..

Ive traded some low items for some expensive cards already because there ain't no competition.. It's bad!

Give the new players, players who do not play alot, or even merchers back a few free trades a day, like 10-20..

Or  another option.. bounced trades get back 50% of the tokens..

Ain't it just ridicilous to have 10-20 trades  at public trade and only 3-5 will succeed, all others are just thrown away tokens..

How is anyone , beside those who play alot or are already rich , gonna make any profit through trading, a month from now?

I completely disagree with this. It may that I could be classified as one of the "Rich", but if you know me, I rarely trade, so I guess I can be a neutral party.

This reduces the amount of "Troll traders" and it hurts them when they try and Bounce back.

The update was for the reduction of people having trades for 100 FA N (Believe me, there were those trades, and I hope there aren't currently)

If you really want to be successful in this game, you must put in work, it will pay off.

I completely disagree with this. It may that I could be classified as one of the "Rich", but if you know me, I rarely trade, so I guess I can be a neutral party.

This reduces the amount of "Troll traders" and it hurts them when they try and Bounce back.

The update was for the reduction of people having trades for 100 FA N (Believe me, there were those trades, and I hope there aren't currently)

If you really want to be successful in this game, you must put in work, it will pay off.

It hurts waaaay more people than just the "troll traders"..

And your last words doesnt even make sense on the subject..

How much harder can someone put in work by trading 2-3x a day, 8 hour trades?

If you mean that we all have to play like we have no life besides pocket monsters , you're dead wrong.

And thats exactly what we have to do to not get bound by "a few trades a day"..

It's easy talking for you, who probably has thousands of tokens collected by now;

My concerns are for all the new people.. which needs new decks, wants to buy boosters to grow, put in trades AND play tournaments to grow.

8 tokens for every trade is alot for them! Especially when they got no clue on the prices of the market and experiment with offers.

And how can you ever be neutral, when you rarely trade?

This doesn't effect you, nor did the troll offers probably..

Makes no sense at all

You are right in saying that this update doesn't broaden the gap between "rich" and "poor" players, but it surely is a big disadvantage for new players.

I consider myself an average player (a few full arts, some secret rares...) and luckily I started playing this game before this new update hit in. How are new players supposed to build up a collection now, when they need to waste valuable coins on trades, rather than beeing able to buy packs from the shop?

It isn't a big disadvantage, but it is a disadvantage and it makes it a lot harder to catch up with the majority of the player base, because they could spend every coin for packs and make the important trades for free...

[Content removed - please keep all discussion on the topic of Pokémon and appropriate for all ages. -Mod. Poplar]

aren't the rich people the majority of the trolls? haha kidding.

i totally agree, this is like a mandatory "token farming" just to post trades. where i could have spend it on non trade-able packs in the shop etc.

the best and obvious fix for this is by having free trade posting THAT HAS LIMIT per post.

eg; max 3 free posts. and if you want to exceed, you will have to pay tokens.

Then why are you giving your opinion on this matter if you rarely trade. It simply shows that you are not aware how spammers are now the only one trading. 

I took a quick look at the trade block and there is this one guy posting Lysandre for a pack 8 times in a row....and this is only one example.

You won't stop spammers with the new trade coins system.

This is a terrible system if it cost the same price to list 6 trades as it does to play in a tournament. from my experience as a former very active trader if you only list 6 trades you will get none. list 100 you MAY get 10.  Not all EX have the same value so if you are looking for the new M gallade for example and you list 6 trades with various other EX for it to experiment to see what will GET a gallade, that cost you a tournament entry. Now imagine if you need 4 gallades and 4 m gallade and you pulled zero from the packs. my wife and I bought 25 packs and got 3 ex in them pulls were terrible. now when you need new or old trainers its going to cost you.

well I accidentally listed 6 trades before I realized the cost. I don't have thousands of tokens. it takes me at least an hour to get 55 from the daily. Now everyone will be trading in forums. so basically the trade system is going to be a BUNCH of people looking for trades and VERY few posting trades and those looking are going to have to take the rip off trades to get the cards they want. 1 coin or 2 would be a lot fairer than 8

or well you charge 8 coins for 8 hours give me a 1 hour trade for 1 coin. no one looks at anything ending more than 30 minutes anyways.....

Terrible system. I enjoy trading more than playing. so this system basically ruined the game for me..

Well sorry everyone but I have about 10 of every EX from the primal to trade for new cards. but I guess ill be hoarding my FA gardevoirs.groudons,megas and FA trainers because I cant afford to offer to trade them to you.... :(

Then why are you giving your opinion on this matter if you rarely trade. It simply shows that you are not aware how spammers are now the only one trading. 

I took a quick look at the trade block and there is this one guy posting Lysandre for a pack 8 times in a row....and this is only one example.

You won't stop spammers with the new trade coins system.

Ok, that's trading, and spam trading. I said that it will discourage spam traders- not prevent them.

I'm giving my opinion because I can give it. I have been around this track, and I still trade (And a pretty darn good one at that), so my opinion is

That's

It hurts waaaay more people than just the "troll traders"..

And your last words doesnt even make sense on the subject..

How much harder can someone put in work by trading 2-3x a day, 8 hour trades?

If you mean that we all have to play like we have no life besides pocket monsters , you're dead wrong.

And thats exactly what we have to do to not get bound by "a few trades a day"..

It's easy talking for you, who probably has thousands of tokens collected by now;

My concerns are for all the new people.. which needs new decks, wants to buy boosters to grow, put in trades AND play tournaments to grow.

8 tokens for every trade is alot for them! Especially when they got no clue on the prices of the market and experiment with offers.

And how can you ever be neutral, when you rarely trade?

This doesn't effect you, nor did the troll offers probably..

Makes no sense at all

My last words are relevent. Look at the last chunk of your opening post. It's a response :)

I'm not saying not have a life (I have 2 kids with a full time Job, look at me) but use the time that you are on efficiently and you can get a deck done In a day, easily.

I'll admit, I do have thousands of coins, but that's because I know how to save it and wait until I really want/Need something. Trading is easier when you have the rescourses to do so.

I am also concerned for the new player, I'm just saying that if we train them to trade efficiently, this problem won't happen. The new system is literally a day old. Give us time to adapt, then we will figure out our way to trade.

I'm neutral because I know what it's like to trade, yet I rarely trade. I have experience with both. I favor nether

Over the other. Therefore I do present a neutral view on this subject.

I am new to the TCG, and I already have dozens of code cards from buying theme decks and booster packs. Even if you don't buy TCG packs, code cards cost 15 cents each. Are you suggesting that cards from these packs given with code cards are worthless or cannot be traded?

I am new to the TCG, and I already have dozens of code cards from buying theme decks and booster packs. Even if you don't buy TCG packs, code cards cost 15 cents each. Are you suggesting that cards from these packs given with code cards are worthless or cannot be traded?

You can don't worry

in my experience, I've put up trades that i thought were 'fair' or even slightly in my favor and they 100% got traded.  and sometimes near instantly.  

so.... the problem may be your idea of a fair trade is warped.

from my experience as a former very active trader if you only list 6 trades you will get none. list 100 you MAY get 10.  

does it matter or not what one person thinks is fair? if it is accepted then the acceptee thought it was fair. "fair" is subjective.

fair or not is not the point. the point is it costs you 8 coins a "trade". fair or not fair attempt or not. now how fair is it I traded you my mega manetric FA PLUS 8 coins for your swampert?

I done voicing my opinion I just registered to say this system is flawed not call my trading habits into question. I liked trading more than playing. I liked collecting cards I didn't have and having cards to build more than one deck to play. Im basically done with the game until this gets changed. just wanted to state a few suggestions if any developers read this. one coin for 1 hour 8 coins for 8 hours seems fair. or the other solution 10 free a day. or even pay IF your trade DOES NOT go through would all reduce spam. My FA Cheren for your FULL ART N I would pay 8 coins when that SPAM trade obviously don't go through. Fair trades would not be punished if you paid for unsuccessful trades. But I can not endorse the way it is except for the 56 coins I already lost before I realized I was being charged. lol

does it matter or not what one person thinks is fair? if it is accepted then the acceptee thought it was fair. "fair" is subjective.

fair or not is not the point. the point is it costs you 8 coins a "trade". fair or not fair attempt or not. now how fair is it I traded you my mega manetric FA PLUS 8 coins for your swampert?

I done voicing my opinion I just registered to say this system is flawed not call my trading habits into question. I liked trading more than playing. I liked collecting cards I didn't have and having cards to build more than one deck to play. Im basically done with the game until this gets changed. just wanted to state a few suggestions if any developers read this. one coin for 1 hour 8 coins for 8 hours seems fair. or the other solution 10 free a day. or even pay IF your trade DOES NOT go through would all reduce spam. My FA Cheren for your FULL ART N I would pay 8 coins when that SPAM trade obviously don't go through. Fair trades would not be punished if you paid for unsuccessful trades. But I can not endorse the way it is except for the 56 coins I already lost before I realized I was being charged. lol

The first part I completely agree with. Fair trades are whatever the buyer this fair is.

It isn't fair that you traded M Manectric and 8 coins, but you still wanted Swampert, so you thought it was necessary to make the trade for Swampert. So that's part of the system now.

Sorry that you lost coins on this, but that's the new risk of trading. My advice is to start earning coins, because you'll need them.

@ iron bat..

[Content removed - please keep all discussion polite and constructive. -Mod. Poplar]

, or persons who rarely trade, LIKE YOU..

It's about stopping spam traders, which ain't getting stopped this way, because they already build thousands of tokens.

Which is why this was impltented, right?

What does this stop?

New players, fair players to grow to a point WHERE YOU AT NOW..

[Content removed - please keep all discussion polite and constructive. -Mod. Poplar]

You got thousands of tokens, you got most items you want..

Hundreds of players don't!!

So basicly, this is only done to prevent hundreds of offers on cards, majority doesnt even have? SR N for example.

Because, as said before, all others are still getting spam-traded, we still see ridicilous low or high offers on certain things..

AKA, the update is USELESS, period!

I am against the new trading system, big time. Please roll back the cost and bring back at least a certain number of free open trades.

While I have packs and lots of good decks now, it wasn't the case not too long ago. I have been playing for a little over 7 months now, and were it not for learning the trading system, I would have been stuck and very discouraged. In the early days, I worked hard to save up to buy some locked packs or decks. At that point, I took some trades on public as they came before testing the waters making my own trades. I was excited that I could fill in needed cards fairly easily. IMHO, this will eliminate a lot of the fair card to card offers beginners rely on. It will also hurt those with packs to spare wanting to fill their decks quickly, as choice will be limited to offers wanting the current set due to high availability and less risk of a trade going expired. We shouldn't have to play 2 hours just to post a few trades (those coins used to be for beefing up you inventory with non-tradable packs, decks, and the special offers which are crucial to folks that haven't played long).

BTW I just got a Landorus-EX and finally noticed the spammers. While on my list, I don't have FA N, FA Skyla, SR ultraball, tropical beach etc., so perhaps the poor players weren't suffering under the old system;  much as you'd like to think the trolls were praying on them! Good luck and may the best traders and richest trainers win!

I've once again have to say how bad this update is!

Big players (no name calling but the same who already flooded the trades on crucial items) still got dozens of items in trade, because they already had thousands of tokens..

Everyone else are bound to a few trades a day, as, those who are only able to play a few games a day, will never be able to get the tokens back..

Not only this only benefits to those who play alot and are already "rich" in cards and tokens, it's also means we see the most ridicilous offers are the moment, as it's only the "rich" who got offers in trade as "standard value", STILL FLOODED WITH TENS TO HUNDREDS OF OFFERS in public trade..

Ive traded some low items for some expensive cards already because there ain't no competition.. It's bad!

Give the new players, players who do not play alot, or even merchers back a few free trades a day, like 10-20..

Or  another option.. bounced trades get back 50% of the tokens..

Ain't it just ridicilous to have 10-20 trades  at public trade and only 3-5 will succeed, all others are just thrown away tokens..

How is anyone , beside those who play alot or are already rich , gonna make any profit through trading, a month from now?

Some winners suggested to make the losers unqual to winners. (So winners can keep getting better)

This complaint is very invaild.

@ iron bat..

[Removed], or persons who rarely trade, LIKE YOU..

It's about stopping spam traders, which ain't getting stopped this way, because they already build thousands of tokens.

Which is why this was impltented, right?

What does this stop?

New players, fair players to grow to a point WHERE YOU AT NOW..

[Removed]

You got thousands of tokens, you got most items you want..

Hundreds of players don't!!

So basicly, this is only done to prevent hundreds of offers on cards, majority doesnt even have? SR N for example.

Because, as said before, all others are still getting spam-traded, we still see ridicilous low or high offers on certain things..

AKA, the update is USELESS, period!

This. The intended purpose of this update is not hitting home. In fact, I've seen some trades after the update where people offer a bunch of ex/fa/secrets for 100 Darkrai ex FA and ridiculous stuff like that, as if they're saying "this isn't going to stop the trolling" XD. Only beginners will suffer from this. Probably best to revert it and go back to the drawing boards for now.

Edit: Oh, not that it even matters really. Trading has been a mess ever since the changes to the layout etc. when XY came out. Waiting 2 minutes to load before the actual relevant trades (most recently posted ones) finally show up, wow that makes so much sense!

I'm just gonna point out how lacking in logic your series of posts are:

YOU are the one stating that because it takes 100 trade attempts to make 10 trades complete that the cost is too high.

I am pointing out that the problem then is you are not putting up fair trades.  to counter your anecdote, I gave my own anecdote of my trades going through very fast and at high rates because I put up 'fair' trades.

so you come back and say it doesn't matter what one person thinks is fair?  thats a non sequitur.  

Let me spell it out in a simpler fashion, if your trades all go through because you put up trades that other are willing to take then your 'cost' is lower than your supposed case of putting out 100 trades to have a few complete.  

I don't trade much, but I believe this new system will reduce this amount to virtually nil - mainly because I don't have enough tokens to spare on trade offers. Additionally, I found it 'fun' to check through the old public trade offers now and again - it was a good break from grinding random battles for tokens/packs. This is now a lot less 'fun', as I have a limited amount of cards to trade anyway, so the list of acceptable trades is very small, and takes less than a minute to check.

I doubt it will happen, but I would have preferred the old trading system PROVIDED we had the ability to filter out spam offers/users. The game keeps track of expired and completed trades, so surely it must be easy enough to keep a rolling average of each users completed trade percentage.

Having the ability to filter out users with a rolling average of a completed trade percentage of say, less than 30% should allow me to quickly reduce the list of trade offers to those from posters who would are more likely to post 'fair' demands.

I feel this would also be good as it means trade offers could be kept as being free. Keeping trades free has significant advantages in my opinion:

• it doesn't price out new players, where 8 tokens is a lot.
  • it ensures there is enough demand and dynamically changing offers to ensure that the offer and sell price converge to a fair value. 
  • it reduces the issue of the games developers having to try to police users having a multiple accounts (which would likely be an issue if you only had a limited amount of free trades).
  • it increases the supply market of commons/uncommons, which looks to be drastically reduced under the new system - this is important to a new player who only has commons/uncommons to trade!

Just my 2 cents, for the developers.

I suspect this change is partially borne out of increasing future monetisation of the game, which is a win for the developers PROVIDED this doesn't outweigh the playability of the game. At the moment, this change is reducing my enjoyment of the game - and hence the playability of the game.

Will be interesting to see how things develop.

Just going to drop a quick post to concur with kalendae.

I actually started to post a similar anecdote this morning, but my browser decided that the "Backspace" key would trigger my browser's "Back" command, and I lost the message.

Anyway, like kalendae, I rarely have trouble making trades in public on my first try, and within a very short time-span.  I'd estimate about a 90% first-try rate, with 50% or more going through within an hour, and 90% going through within 4 hours.  I don't think I've ever had to post a trade more than twice for the same item.

This can all be attributed to making fair trades every time. 

this moring i am browsing for roaring skies pack in trade window.

adjusted my filter accordingly and then results came popping in..

multiple guy(s) posting 2 roraring skies packs for 1 virizion EX. they have like 5 - 10 of the same post.

are these the one you guys called trolls? because there are plenty haha

I haven't been in TCGO for a bit, but a few thoughts from me:

1 - Perhaps allow a player to post one free 8-hour trade offer per day:  This would alleviate the issue of not being able to post trades because of low tokens on hand.

2 - Refund the token cost of any trade that gets completed: This would incentivize.making fair trades.  Of course, goes without saying that if a trade is posted for free (see above point) there is no refund to give.

3 - Token cost proportional to the # of cards requested by the poster.  E.g. you want to make an offer asking for 100 copies of FA N?  Sure, but there's a 100-token surcharge for making such a ridiculous offer.

4 - Hard limit on all quantities of any card involved in a trade (e.g. 10 per card).  Plus a hard limit (20?) on the total cards that can be posted (or requested) in a trade.  Smaller trades are more likely to succeed!

I'm just gonna point out how lacking in logic your series of posts are:

YOU are the one stating that because it takes 100 trade attempts to make 10 trades complete that the cost is too high.

I am pointing out that the problem then is you are not putting up fair trades.  to counter your anecdote, I gave my own anecdote of my trades going through very fast and at high rates because I put up 'fair' trades.

so you come back and say it doesn't matter what one person thinks is fair?  thats a non sequitur.  

Let me spell it out in a simpler fashion, if your trades all go through because you put up trades that other are willing to take then your 'cost' is lower than your supposed case of putting out 100 trades to have a few complete.  

Numbers or "fair" trades aint the issue..

We all just adjust and adepth, isn't it?

At the moment I put like 20 offers each 8 hours.., instead of 100.. I just dropped everything worth less than 3 packs..

3-4 will succeed, getting 150%-200% profity over those cards ive invested in..

I've to say, I cant complain.. But how fair is this?

That the offer I make , or spam-traders on other critical items everyone wants are the new standard, since the balance of supply and demand is disturbed by this new update?

And man, i've made some mad profit over this!

People are discouraged to make their own fair trade and are forced to watch and buy whats in the public trade..

Imagine you want to build yourself a new deck from scratch. thats alot of tokens you have to spend to make build your deck out fo fair trades!

Tokens new players and most people don't have laying around as if it ain't nothing.

EDIT: just a second ago, traded "card worth less than 10 packs" for FA landorus-ex, as MY STANDARD, MY OFFER, is the NEW STANDARD..

Imagine trading companies, merchers, spam traders doing this on dozen of other items;)

I agree with a few things BossJunior is saying.

I'm one of those in-game "rich" people and this update has been great for me :)

I'd imagine that when beginners and casual players start running out of tokens it will get even better for me.

I'd very much prefer it if it were not this way though :(

This new update puts a choke hold on all new players and casual players which will in turn reduce the PTCGO community due to people quitting.

Archived