Packs not opening

shuva40raj

I have two issues to report. I don't know if they are bugs or not.

1. When I open a pack a loading bar comes up and stops. I think it does two jobs loading cards and getting cards. Most of the time it stops at 80% and I have to close the game. It has happened many times. After I close the game and reopen it the number of pack gets reduced. Now I want to know if the cards are added to my collection or not.

2. After I reach level 5 I can have 2 daily challenge active or just one. I am at level 6 and still game says to choose one of the daily challenge. I thought when I reach level 3 there were 2 challenges and I can choose 1 and when reaching 5 I can have 2 active daily challenges.

I have two issues to report. I don't know if they are bugs or not. 1. When I open a pack a loading bar comes up and stops. I think it does two jobs loading cards and getting cards. Most of the time it stops at 80% and I have to close the game. It has happened many times. After I close the game and reopen it the number of pack gets reduced. Now I want to know if the cards are added to my collection or not. 2. After I reach level 5 I can have 2 daily challenge active or just one. I am at level 6 and still game says to choose one of the daily challenge. I thought when I reach level 3 there were 2 challenges and I can choose 1 and when reaching 5 I can have 2 active daily challenges.

I am having the same pack opening problem.

To clarify the second part, the cards obtained from the pack are indeed added to the collection.

However, this is a very serious problem, and a new set release does call for opening a ton of packs.

Which is no longer possible.

The idea of restarting the client for each pack I open does not seem appealing.

I hope this is fixed ASAP, preferably in a day or 2.

I have two issues to report. I don't know if they are bugs or not. 1. When I open a pack a loading bar comes up and stops. I think it does two jobs loading cards and getting cards. Most of the time it stops at 80% and I have to close the game. It has happened many times. After I close the game and reopen it the number of pack gets reduced. Now I want to know if the cards are added to my collection or not. 2. After I reach level 5 I can have 2 daily challenge active or just one. I am at level 6 and still game says to choose one of the daily challenge. I thought when I reach level 3 there were 2 challenges and I can choose 1 and when reaching 5 I can have 2 active daily challenges.

As gsingh cleared the first part, I can confirm what he said.

For the second thing, you can only get a new challenge per day, but will be able to keep 2 ACTIVE Challenges. I hope you understand. Otherwise, please visit the Daily Challenge Guide in Trainer Challenge Section.

I hope it helps :)

Hello gents,

Regarding the pack opening display issue, if you haven't already, can you please visit pokemon.com/support and enter a question with the details of what is happening? We would need to know what platform you are playing on (PC, Mac, iPad) and the details of it (dxdiag output, system specs, OS version, etc.)

By entering a support question it really helps us to track issues to resolution and we can also correspond with you privately to gather further information.

Just a few pointers from off the top of my head to look at:

* The pack opening pre-fetch process is loading up the images of the cards that are in that pack, getting ready to display them. This is to prevent card loading images once you do open the pack. So, the game is trying to go get card assets. Things that can trip that up are: Internet connectivity and storage space. You might try opening packs on a different internet connection to compare. You might also check to make sure you have ample free storage space (the game can be particularly hungry on space).

I hope that helps!

To clarify the second part, the cards obtained from the pack are indeed added to the collection.

Last I checked there is one issue with this -- if the pack opening animation does not actually play out (due to closing the game client while loading images, etc.) then any new cards from that pack will not display the "New!" label when viewed in your collection.  They're still there, but if you have a ton of cards already it'll be hard to spot them.

Archived