Played 5 games in a row where my opponent just fills up their bench and concedes turn 1.

famin

I was very excited to play after the new patch however to my disappointment, Versus mode is infested with people trying to complete the challenge with a deck filled with 60 Pokemon, filling up their bench and then conceding before I get to play a single card. This is ruining the play experience for legitimate players and should be rectified as soon as possible. 

Idea: when you see signs that your opponent is playing a deck like that (goes 1st immediately, benches 5 pokemon) concede immediately.

I was very excited to play after the new patch however to my disappointment, Versus mode is infested with people trying to complete the challenge with a deck filled with 60 Pokemon, filling up their bench and then conceding before I get to play a single card. This is ruining the play experience for legitimate players and should be rectified as soon as possible. 

Wow, you wasted like 15 seconds of your lifetime and got a free wheel spin, I'm so sorry to hear about this.

It's not really the fault of the players if the game provides such uninspired challanges ~~

Wow, you wasted like 15 seconds of your lifetime and got a free wheel spin, I'm so sorry to hear about this.

It's not really the fault of the players if the game provides such uninspired challanges ~~

Hey thanks for your reply.

Thing is I never said it was the fault of the player. The reason I'm posting it on the forums is because, like you said, the challenges are uninspired. Hopefully the devs see this and take action. If I was blaming the players, I would use the chat system to do that. Thought that was the purpose of a forum no?

Edit: 15 seconds is fine. When it happens 5+ times in a row, that is a problem. I don't know how you like to enjoy your content but this is certainly unacceptable for me. 

I faced in four consecutive games such a stupid behaviour of opponents too who were filling their benches with the maximum of Pokémon, and then on top of this 2 of them hadn't even conceded but no, they played turn 1 and played cards like Super Scoop Up, AZ to just put their basics in the hand and put them down once again. And then both of them conceded.

What was more of a joke was that I really faced one opponent twice in those 4 games. And after asking why he had done this in the 1st game his answer was: 'I have to complete the quest - i.e. the special challenge'.

I asked him further and said he could have played regular and then he will for sure get the basics in play too - but he wanted to get the 2 packs afap. No words on that, 4 days the challenge is there - but no players are really doing those idiotic moves.

Hey thanks for your reply.

Thing is I never said it was the fault of the player. The reason I'm posting it on the forums is because, like you said, the challenges are uninspired. Hopefully the devs see this and take action. If I was blaming the players, I would use the chat system to do that. Thought that was the purpose of a forum no?

Edit: 15 seconds is fine. When it happens 5+ times in a row, that is a problem. I don't know how you like to enjoy your content but this is certainly unacceptable for me. 

Just wait another hour or so and most of those spammers will be finished with the challange.

I can understand that you don't like to waste your time like this and that the intention behind the challange was def. another, but after a short period of time everything will be set to normal.

felidae.. that's the point of the thread.. someone who isn't doing anything wrong shouldn't have to feel a disruption in gameplay

in this case, the devs themselves have implemented this.. if you can somehow support the fact that these people are ruining the game experience for others (each person has to play around 20+ matches to bench their 135 poke) meaning an exponential spread of this idea to get the packs..

I think a bit more thought should be put into fixing this and the game experience..

in this case, the devs themselves have implemented this.. if you can somehow support the fact that these people are ruining the game experience for others (each person has to play around 20+ matches to bench their 135 poke) meaning an exponential spread of this idea to get the packs..

I honestly don't see why this is blown up into such a huge deal.

I think we can all agree that the challange itself wasn't well designed and that the idea behind it ( getting players to actually play the game, in order to reach the goal) backfired.

However, those "bench and scoop" decks and other variants, i.e. for the evolution challange, have been around as long as the trainer challange exist and usually noone is bothered by them, as you might run into one of those decks once every X games and even if you do, it's just a couple of seconds you get to wait.

Sure, there is def. a hudge flood of those decks, thanks to the current challange, but it ain't like we go back to Combee or anything like that.

With very spamming complaint about the same issue over and over

This Challenge Problem is not Bad Behavior nor Exploiting.

Are players actrally playing to do the challenge yes everyone is.

This should in feedback section anyways.

It looks like the Concede button is disabled.  Maybe because I conceded last game?  Is this mornal or responding to the Challenge Concede spamming?

I honestly don't see why this is blown up into such a huge deal.

I think we can all agree that the challange itself wasn't well designed and that the idea behind it ( getting players to actually play the game, in order to reach the goal) backfired.

However, those "bench and scoop" decks and other variants, i.e. for the evolution challange, have been around as long as the trainer challange exist and usually noone is bothered by them, as you might run into one of those decks once every X games and even if you do, it's just a couple of seconds you get to wait.

Sure, there is def. a hudge flood of those decks, thanks to the current challange, but it ain't like we go back to Combee or anything like that.

Just because things have been a certain way before, does not justify it to remain that way. The point is if we want to improve the quality of everyone's experience in PTCGO, giving feedback like this is a MUST. I play other CCGs online and this kind of behavior from the player base is never tolerated.

You shouldn't consider this as people "bothered", rather giving feedback to the rightful individuals (developers). We as a community want a better experience that's why we're voicing ourselves here. If people remain silent, then they continue to have a sub par experience. I don't know about anyone else here but I would love to see PTCGO succeed even more. Things like the Combee decks and these 'bench and scoop' tactics really gives the client a bad name.

Again this isn't about complaining for the sake of complaining, I legitimately wan't a better PTCGO that is why I'm voicing my concerns.  

Edit: Sorry for posting in the wrong section, I'm new here. 

Edit 2: Also felidae, it has been over 6 hours and I logged back in only to play against another 5 of these bench and scoopers. In total I've played against 30+ of them today. Now tell me is this a waste of my time yet? 

i battled a few players that fill and concede in some games, its from the special challenge that fill 135 benched pokemon. when i first saw its time, i though it said 4 hours left till expire but it actually 4 days. players spam the field because they misread the time. (which isnt very clear), I also got that challenge and im also doing it but im using a more suitable deck than spam and concede and uses lots of scoop ups.

I've seen how annoying those fill-bench-then-concede decks are (about as annoying as Wheel-farming scoop decks, as a matter of fact), but when there's a Special Challenge like that with a substantial reward and a time limit (which I admittedly misread like nearly everyone else, but I digress), of course people will exploit the game as much as they can just to complete it. That Special Challenge was just a bad idea from the start.

I exploited the game a different way to complete it myself; I used my Weavile/Exeggcute deck (which had Big Jump Lopunny in it), and while playing the matches, I used Big Jump at every single opportunity I could, then set down the Buneary again to bring the challenge closer to completion. I didn't like the feeling that I was annoying my opponents by dragging out the matches like that (a few opponents even conceded on me because of it), but I felt like I had to do it. And that right there is a problem.

Just because things have been a certain way before, does not justify it to remain that way. The point is if we want to improve the quality of everyone's experience in PTCGO, giving feedback like this is a MUST. I play other CCGs online and this kind of behavior from the player base is never tolerated.

You shouldn't consider this as people "bothered", rather giving feedback to the rightful individuals (developers). We as a community want a better experience that's why we're voicing ourselves here. If people remain silent, then they continue to have a sub par experience. I don't know about anyone else here but I would love to see PTCGO succeed even more. Things like the Combee decks and these 'bench and scoop' tactics really gives the client a bad name.

Again this isn't about complaining for the sake of complaining, I legitimately wan't a better PTCGO that is why I'm voicing my concerns.  

Edit: Sorry for posting in the wrong section, I'm new here. 

Edit 2: Also felidae, it has been over 6 hours and I logged back in only to play against another 5 of these bench and scoopers. In total I've played against 30+ of them today. Now tell me is this a waste of my time yet? 

I never said that the player base should remain silent and very complaint / feedback is valid, I just want you to remember a couple of things

• Not every one shares your opinion. As stated before, I for one don't care at all about this, as I don't mind a free win once in a while and I know that I'm not alone on this. In fact, I used those decks myself many times, especially to complete the Evolution challenge, as the current meta game doesn't really support those decks.

When facing those decks myself, I'd rather spend those 15/30 seconds it takes them to bench and concede, than play against a mediocre deck, like the one SharKing talked about ( no offence mate, it was just the first example that came to mind).

So please don't generalize things and talk about the experience of “all players” and so forth.

• Keep also in mind that the number of players who are posting in the forums are quite low, compared to the number of players who are actually playing.

Again, emphasizing that the general acceptance of this could be way higher, because why would you bother to post here, if you don't have anything to complain.

• As with any other time based challenge, this problem will neatly solve it self after some time and even if you had to play against those decks 30 more times today, well, that's about the average time you have to wait in a tournament and so forth, so I think it's quite ironic if you talk about a “waste of your time”, if in reality you spend like what, 15-20 minutes ?

felidae.. one thing I think I should counter is that a majority of the players are annoyed with combee decks and those faced so much hate that the developers decided to nerf the wheel.. since the same thing is happening here, I don't see why this should be seen differently- as if most of the players aren't against this

secondly we shouldn't assume everyone has hours and hours to play on the game.. if you lose 20 minutes.. and you play for thirty... that's a major chunk of your time.. in a game where inactivity for a single minute causes auto-loss I don't see why it's wrong to complain about 20 minutes of wasted time

when talking about your evolution challenge, at least you posed a challenge for your opponent.. to knock you out and win.. stalling for longer could be of your own merit and taking you out quick could be fun for your opponent.. but when you have to search for an opponent, flip coin, play out your hand/ let him play his hand and concede- it wastes about a minute of your time and prevents you from playing your game.. I think that's a valid enough reason for anyone to complain

I just go to Trainer Challenge or if I have to do Random Battle then I'll do Theme Decks and the worst I'll worst I'll do it drag out a game I know I should have won ***: have a fully powered Emboar out ohkoing everything) just to put the basics into play or get as many evolution as possible. If the challenge is to KO stuff then I won't waist my time I'll just KO as many as possible as quickly as possible.

As a nice gesture I inform the opponent that I am working on a challenge so the know what kinda stuff to expect.

But I to have come across players who will play out their entire hand, load up the bench, make it look like they are doing something legitimate and then quit right after.

Archived