[GAME] Trading - Booster packs not appearing to add to trades

ICEdaddy

I went to post a new trade yesterday, wanting to trade packs for cards. When I look in my collection, I have packs for at least a dozen sets. But when I create a new trade, packs only show up for 5 sets. My packs for sets like Dark Explorers, Double Crisis, Furious Fists, etc. are not showing up in the trade window as choice. I can only see Next Destinies, Boundaries Crossed and 3 others.

This is frustrating b/c I want to set up offers and clearly the program shows I have the packs in my collection.

I am running Mac OS 10.9.5.

Thanks!

Hi ICEdaddy!

Do you have these packs tagged for trade? Please check your Collection and tag them if they aren't, and let us know if this helps. :)

1. Make sure that your packs are tradable and not trade locked, as indicated by the little lock symbol underneath the packs.

2. If you select items for trade you can select various filters. Usually they are set to "for trade", meaning that it will only show items that you selected with the "for trade" option ( right click on a card/pack, then click on the symbol with the two arrows).

If yo uwant to brow through your collection, when setting up a trade, without filters, just uncheck the box at the left side next to the word "filters" on the left side.

Thanks for the suggestions. The packs are definitely not trade locked. For example, I have 24 XY packs and none are trade locked and I can't use them to trade. But they are in my collection. The 12 Boundaries Crossed packs show up fine as options for trading.

The filters option doesn't pop up when I try to trade packs. The filter option does pop up for trading pokemon, trainers, energy, but not packs and gameplay. 

This is really odd. I have been playing this game since the very beginning with the old client and trading for years. Never seen anything like this.

Thanks for the suggestions. The packs are definitely not trade locked. For example, I have 24 XY packs and none are trade locked and I can't use them to trade. But they are in my collection. The 12 Boundaries Crossed packs show up fine as options for trading.

The filters option doesn't pop up when I try to trade packs. The filter option does pop up for trading pokemon, trainers, energy, but not packs and gameplay. 

This is really odd. I have been playing this game since the very beginning with the old client and trading for years. Never seen anything like this.

Well I know what you are facing. I am also currently facing this. previously, when you made an offer, you could see packs available for trade even though you haven't tagged them. Though the other players can't see them in our binder. Now I need to tag my packs as no Filter option was ever allotted to Packs and Gameplay section, though gameplay section still apears even without tagging the gameplay stuff, but this doesn't work with packs anymore. Please fix it :(

Hello Gentlemen,

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused. I have forwarded your bug report on to our testing team to see if they can reproduce the issue. If we can reproduce it, then we can log it into our bug tracking system to get in line for a fix.

Thank you very much for the report.

Ok guys, our testing team couldn't reproduce the issue from the details you provided.

Trading works for them, including the specific pack types you reference.

Their feedback was that you are likely not tagging the items you want to trade as "For Trade". That is the design of the system and how it works.

Please let us know, thanks!

This is a known bug in their known bug list sticky

Trading

• When creating a trade, the Filters and Sort By features are missing for Packs, Gameplay, and Avatar Items.

Hey there!

It's also possible that your account settings may be messing with your ability to trade. Head over to the Pokemon website and view your profile settings to make sure that your Public Trade settings are completely open, as opposed to Like for Like and whatnot.

Hope that helps!

So does this mean it's already on the list to be fixed? I'm experiencing the same issue but sounds like no need to report it through the support portal, correct?

This is a known bug in their known bug list sticky

Trading

• When creating a trade, the Filters and Sort By features are missing for Packs, Gameplay, and Avatar Items.

Just a follow up on this.

It appears that in the collection setting the toggle switch on one of the items (?tradable status) was clicked in one position. I absolutely did not click this. Not sure how some packs were switched off and some on. 

Visually, I could not see the toggle cause either it doesn't change color, or the colors change and I can't appreciate it (I am red-green color blind like 7% of males, so if the toggle was between certain shades of red or orange changing to certain shades of green, I would not be able to appreciate it (request to developers: toggle between blues and either reds or greens)).

After experimenting with the toggle switch they all popped up. 

Sorry I can't give more details as my laptop was dying recently and have barely been on PTCGO the last 2 weeks and now the motherboard finally died. RIP MacBook Pro.

Thanks for everyone's help and comments.

Visually, I could not see the toggle cause either it doesn't change color, or the colors change and I can't appreciate it (I am red-green color blind like 7% of males, so if the toggle was between certain shades of red or orange changing to certain shades of green, I would not be able to appreciate it (request to developers: toggle between blues and either reds or greens)).

You are correct, the tradeable toggle change color between red-orange (when marked for trade) and green (when they are not marked for trade),

I would suggest that the developers change this to another color to help people who are color blind

they could do something like a wee circle that has nothing in the middle of it when un-tagged for trade, but a T is added inside when tagged. This would mean colour was irrelevant 

they could do something like a wee circle that has nothing in the middle of it when un-tagged for trade, but a T is added inside when tagged. This would mean colour was irrelevant 

That is also a good solution.

You are correct, the tradeable toggle change color between red-orange (when marked for trade) and green (when they are not marked for trade),

I would suggest that the developers change this to another color to help people who are color blind

Thanks for pointing this out.

And I like sqvel's suggestion as well. There are a lot of us chromatically challenged folks out there (several of my friends, although none are pokemon players). Plus my dog. :)

Hey Trainers!

Glad you were able to figure this out! Good suggestions regarding the color of the For Trade button. I'll pass those along to the Dev team and close out this thread. If you have any other feedback or suggestions regarding this or anything else, please submit that via the Game Feedback subforum. Thanks!

Archived