Upcoming Trade Cost Update

cynodondactylon

Trade Cost Update  

95 members have voted

1. 1. are you in favor of the upcoming trading cost update

• yes
    • no

The upcoming update will change the cost for tradings. From FREE to 8 Tokens for the 8 hour trade, 1 Token to 24 Tokens for the 24 hour trade and from 3 Tokens to 48 Tokens for the 48 hour trade.

I myself think it would also punish players who post fair trades. Say, a specific card is established to have a cost of 10 booster packs and a player made a post for it in public. If the trade won't get accepted, will the player who made a fair one be punished also for it?

The In-Game Item Exchange forum is mainly used by the established Trading Companies. They serve the community by providing players cards they need in a timely manner. Say, they're running out of stock of a certain card, why will they jeopardize their tokens restocking if they'll have to pay the risk for it?

In addition, few days after the release of a new expansion players post lots of estimate trades until a certain price will be agreed upon.

Your thoughts?

I completely agree with you.

Haha, now that i think of it, this is kinda like a trading tax.

Honestly, i find this change an extremely unuseful one.

I am actually in favour of this. Hopefully this will dampen down the spammers who post multiple trades offering the same items for the same card; however, that being said, getting large amounts of Tokens on this game is just as easy as breathing now so I guess we will have to wait and see.

Of course it could be that the TCGO dev-team are just testing the waters with this idea and it might be removed in a later update should they get negative feedback about it.

But for getting tokens you need to use a lot of free time playing,which would probably mean that you need to play only so you can post some trades which is stupid,if they dont want spammers,they can just add limit of 4-5 offers for the same card.Even making 8 hour offers 1 token is a big diffrence,so i really dont like this change will porbably leave game if they dont return it to like it was  :( .

I guess it might be for people battling more than they do trading or just to stop spam in the pub offers but I completely agree with you if a person posts a fair trade they still get punished

Completely support this change.  Can't be happier that rip-off artists are no longer going to get to spam their trades and fish for suckers on the public trades section.

This eventually will favor people with more buying power, will raise the market price of the cards. If there is less offer the price rises, it is a basic rule and I think that you are not aware of how dangerous it is to alter a market that was already well in my opinion (that spammers are annoying, but for something serve filters)

This is a terrible idea for light public traders, collectors, and deck makers; and a boon for pro forum traders (with all due respect, pro's are important for the game and help us all).

While it may clear up the public trades list, it will also clear up a lot of fair trades, cut the variety of pack denominated offers down, slow deck building, and force a lot of people to use the forum pros at higher prices. Also, if you think spamming is bad on the already dysfunctional chat rooms, it will likely get worse. Those public (service) traders that do stick it out will have pricing power, but only in the packs that are most currently abundant such as those given out in the top prizes for tourneys. They would be fools to post trades in hope of getting packs that aren't being currently given out.

On an average day, I will now only be able to post 4-6 24 hour trades and hopefully have 2 fair trades accepted. (usually trainers at below the top cut rate)  It may not be worth it. This will be a 80-95 percent reduction in trades posted by me.   In the time saved posting trades, I will be able to play two or three more games.

BTW- I never intentionally post identical trades unless it is a hot trade and they are spread out in time.

I guess the best way to trade now is through private offers then. The chat room might get busy...

i agree the new trade system is really very disappointing.

Me too, I already posted in the feedback post about it so not gonna post here again as it was too long !

I think we'll get next result of this "improving":

instead of 100 ridiculous offers - 10

instead of 10 fair offers - 1

Of course, it's easy to reduce number of trades than create good system of filters in Trade section.

Exchanges are sentenced. People do not risk trying to get cards for lower cost and will be a standard price. This will cause or have many similar deals (less likely accept yourself) or a price war to see who offers more fires. Besides that my disfavors me a lot because I like the old cards, which are scarce and needed to renovate offers much to find someone to change. As with tropical beach, you are condemning me to not have these cards and are impossible to obtain with other methods.

Will just kill the already niche common and uncommon trading completely. New players won't get their deckbuilding necessities, and that doesn't really inspire confidence in player retention.

The only actual solutions to the problem:

• a max number of 8 hour public trades per person at any given time. Like 5.
  • a raised cost for the longer trades, say 12 and 24 tokens respectively for 24 hours and 48 hours.
  • No more than 1 account per connected IP address may use the trading section at all.

I think blocking public is good.. but that price is way wrong.. for 20 trades I post, I need 160 coins which is 70-80 minutes of battling- which is very high

since we are trying to discourage a select few, why not go freemium with the whole trading thing- like first 10 are free, next ten are 5 coins, after that 10 coins.. or something like that since now everybody is facing the brunt of this trade charges- most of which aren't being targeted

why I say this is.. if you remove too many ppl from the trading section by making them pay a lot to put offers up, they will simply rush to chat and create huge lags (with the amount of players setting trades)

because of this, not many people would be able to trade (unless the pokemon company does an amazing lag fix patch in the next version) which would kind of ruin the game for a lot of ppl

To those calling out "spammers" and "rip-off artists" on public trade. Yes they will be hurt. So will every other player wanting to build their favourite decks.

This new system will no doubt increase the difficulty to obtain wanted cards, this will in turn undoubtedly raise the prices of cards. This new system is a smack in the face to casual players who could get by before without spending too much time or money and a nice big pat on the back for people like me with a very large collection and huge pack count and also for rich people who have plenty of money to spend.

Probably is going to cut a lot of bad offers in game but also, nobody will make that kind of 25 cards (including 4 rares, 7 uncommon and the rest common) for 1 pack or 100 random cards for 2/3/4 packs that was a good way to throw away a lot of repeated common cards.

I traded a lot with cards, that repeated commons, uncommons and rares because I have not a lot of packs.

I don't like the idea of paying for every trade as I always try to make fair trades but even though fair trades, probably not the most interesting so sometimes doesn't work. I won't be able to trade a lot if I have to pay tokens for every 8h or 24h offer because the shop weekly bundles are quite expensive now and being out of tokens means not having nor these nor the Theme decks.

It's a very bad update for me.

Probably is going to cut a lot of bad offers in game but also, nobody will make that kind of 25 cards (including 4 rares, 7 uncommon and the rest common) for 1 pack or 100 random cards for 2/3/4 packs that was a good way to throw away a lot of repeated common cards.

I traded a lot with cards, that repeated commons, uncommons and rares because I have not a lot of packs.

I don't like the idea of paying for every trade as I always try to make fair trades but even though fair trades, probably not the most interesting so sometimes doesn't work. I won't be able to trade a lot if I have to pay tokens for every 8h or 24h offer because the shop weekly bundles are quite expensive now and being out of tokens means not having nor these nor the Theme decks.

It's a very bad update for me.

And those 25 junk cards for 1 pack offers are part of the garbage that needs to go.

No one that actually knows the value of cards or how easily commons / uncommon pokemon can be obtained would ever accept a trade like that.  Those just cluttered things up and ripped people off that were uninformed enough to click accept.

Honestly, I'm in favour of this. It removes the exploitation ofweak minded and wallet happy traders. 

If someone wants to trade fairly and get value on their cards, they can always turn to people they meet in game. Personally, I NEVE use public trade. I rely on friends to help/direct me where to go if I need something. And on the flip side of that, I also will always help anyone out if they need it. 

By adding a tariff, it disables trading companies sharking trades for their own profit. It will limit how often a card/cards is put up at a hilariously discounted rate because the trader doesn't know.  

Also... if you want to trade without cost, you can always post on the forums.  I understand that there are alot of "losers" in this, but the biggest ones are those that have enough to lose.

I guess the worst downside of this is the current implementing of costs for everything in the game. It would not be so bad if the game wasn't still an unfinished product full of glitches everywhere. 

For instance, I don't think people do it so often, but there must be people that buy Tournament Tickets with real money. As there is so much bugs regarding matches and tournaments, some of them might have experienced glitches in tournaments they actually paid real money to be in. This is very bad.

So it is with gems, when pack redeeming and shop buyings also were glitched not so long ago.

And who knows if this coin system won't be a gem system in the future? This is a free-to-play game, and this kind of thing is in its nature to happen soon.

It may be ok to spend coins - which are free to get - to make trades on public, but any glitch that may happen during this process will be much more painful now. 

Concluding, the game is steping foward to monetization faster than it solved its problems, and this is very dangerous.

Hello Trainers!

Love the passionate conversation surrounding this change! It's good to hear from both sides, and we appreciate the constructive discussion. :)

As this thread seems to be a mix of trading discussion and feedback, I'll leave it in this subforum. However, if you have any feedback or suggestions specifically for the Dev team, I encourage you to post over in the Game Feedback subforum.

Happy trading!

And those 25 junk cards for 1 pack offers are part of the garbage that needs to go.

No one that actually knows the value of cards or how easily commons / uncommon pokemon can be obtained would ever accept a trade like that.  Those just cluttered things up and ripped people off that were uninformed enough to click accept.

This is in the world of the trading companies and real money bought boosters in 36 packs boxes.

The ones that can't afford to pay needs movement in the trading zone. Not only pack trades and 8 packs EXs.

That will probably low the prices (1 or 2 packs for higher costing cards) for ensuring the trades but, who knows. Seismi EX still will be there 8 to 15 packs for the rich people.

I accepted some of this so bad trades. 25 uncommon to complete a set or because some of the pokémon were good for a deck or to get some trainers, for 1 or 2 packs. That was good enough (and yes, I know something about values).

I've traded a bunch of trainers 3 to 1 or 4 to 1. I could got 1 Korrina in exchange of 1 Tierno+1 Startling Megaphone+1 Shauna (for example). Is it a good trade? Depends on the other. Maybe was looking for something like that and had 15 Korrina.

Others have all the trainers FA of the world? Don't trade this garbage. But now I have to put 6 cards to try to trade 1 and it's not sure I will get the trainer I'm looking? No way. Only can put 1 pack and get 2 Korrina (needing 1). Bad.

When you make an offer you're not forcing anyone to trade with you. That was the good thing. Even the "bad" offers could be accepted in some way, sometimes.

Oh, there is a lot of garbage offers! "Search" it's for something.

Of course I was tired of that Seismi EX offers for 1 pack but I never accepted, what's the problem?

Now people is not going to trade anymore, it's only going to pay for what the Companies have, at the fixed prices. And still seeing some bad offers out there but paying for getting nothing at the end because nobody had your card or saw your trade having offered a fair trade? It's a bad deal.

I am quitting the game if this trade system remains. It is already hard to get cards through trades now it has become  very annoying. Not all of us have an entire day to play maches to get tokens to post offers. In an hour of my day i wont be able to get the necessary tokens to  post trades to get the cards i need. This is sad.

Archived