New wheel for games lost under 5 mins

MegaCrusher

Implement a new wheel that allows you a prize of 1-2 coins when you lose under 5 minutes. I understand the new time limit was implemented to prevent people from farming the wheel but for legitimate players that play and lose under 5 minutes, it is extremely discouraging to lose and not get anything in return.  With the prize of 1-2 being so small it would at least encourage players to keep playing.

Personally, I'd like to see us go back to two or three minutes before becoming eligible for the Loser's Wheel.

But for that to work at all, we'd also need the game to be configured to never reward self-inflicted losses (as in, losing by scooping up or KO'ing your last Pokémon); the game can clearly recognize these, as hinted by the warnings, and nobody genuinely loses that way, so cutting off rewards for these would put an end to Wheel-farming scoop decks once and for all.

(Seriously, why do scoop decks still exist?)

Hey there!

Thanks for your input! I'll submit it to the Dev team for consideration. :) This thread will be left open for further discussion in the meantime.

Personally, I'd like to see us go back to two or three minutes before becoming eligible for the Loser's Wheel.

But for that to work at all, we'd also need the game to be configured to never reward self-inflicted losses (as in, losing by scooping up or KO'ing your last Pokémon); the game can clearly recognize these, as hinted by the warnings, and nobody genuinely loses that way, so cutting off rewards for these would put an end to Wheel-farming scoop decks once and for all.

(Seriously, why do scoop decks still exist?)

This.

Then the worst that can happen are people who make decks that can't actually self-destruct but have effectively zero chance of winning anyway.  Imagine a deck with like twenty Basics (none of which can attack without colored energy), 20 energies (all of the wrong colors), 10 unrelated evolutions, and 10 random trainers that don't do anything useful.  It may look like a valid deck for two seconds, but it's still designed to lose a game as fast as possible -- and without the opponent catching on to that fact.

This is a great idea. From qualifying 5+ minute games, the dev team can collect data to see how many tokens the average winner gets, how much the average loser gets, and then adjust this "third wheel" so that your maximum can never be more than the average from either "real" wheel.

Implement a new wheel that allows you a prize of 1-2 coins when you lose under 5 minutes. I understand the new time limit was implemented to prevent people from farming the wheel but for legitimate players that play and lose under 5 minutes, it is extremely discouraging to lose and not get anything in return.  With the prize of 1-2 being so small it would at least encourage players to keep playing.

Agreed 80%  and this encourages players to actual fair play and support the game.

Idea to oppose against the new losing wheel seem to be ignored.

Whats not true is about farming...  Its not about farming at all... Its about the winner wanting to prevent losers from getting cards so they can keep winning. Now that's unfair.

Everytime someone suggest this fair idea (EQUALIZE  the Wheel Rewards with winner wheels), the people gives a trolling response and being negative (say something about they are just playing to farm or losing game fast on purpose or purposely self-deducting method to gain rewards ). Those are negativity by those complainers.

"Want to Nerf Losers Wheel Complainers" say this  discourage exploitative behavior for people. When the complainers are discouraging the game and being negative to losers.

I will repeat , Its about the winner wanting to prevent losers who play fairly from getting cards so they can keep winning. Now that's unfair.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't realise this timer was put into effect untill I got burned a few times from losing. I thought it was a glitch that I got no loser wheel.

Then I noticed it was taking people forever to make a move. I suppose they were dragging it on to ensure that they would get a wheel in case they lost.

After I had 3 legitimate losses and no loser wheel I found this thread and a couple others.

Just because you had a bad deal is a poor reason for being disquallified from the wheel.

Just because the opponant had a strong start is a poor reason for being disquallified from the wheel.

Just because some people cheat is a poor reason for being disquallified from the wheel.

Computers are excellent at collecting and sorting data.

The server knows what cards are in everyone's  deck.

The server knows what cards are in your hand.

The server knows how many games each player has one or lost.

The server can see if you had cards available to make a move but chose not to.

SharKing319 stated, self inflicted losses should be disqualified, and I support that. Quitting and losing are two different things.

New players should not be penalised for inexperience or lack of "good" cards.

Experienced players should not be penilised for the occasional loss due to bad luck.

Players that are blatently losing to exploit the wheel should be penalsed, as well as being flagged in the system.

Just as we see the gold ball appear for an advantaged player, we should see a warning that the opponant has been flagged by the system as a potential cheater. We should then have the option to accept or decline the match.

If the player just had a bad run of luck, the server will see this and remove the flag.

I was a bit excited to see the 100 coin prize added to the wheel. I played 6 games this morning. I had a bad day: my win got me 5 coins and the 5 losses got me nothing because I lost within the 5 minute limit. The win was only due to the other player conceding!

You win some and you lose some, but It takes the fun out of the game when you get slapped after you lose.

Hey there!

Thanks for your feedback! In order to maintain organization and prevent confusion within the forums, posting in threads that have been inactive for more than 14 days is not permitted. As such, I'll be closing this thread. Please feel free to create a new thread if you've got any more input for us. ^^

Archived