3 Skyla
5 Psychic Energy
7 Fire Energy
3 Special Psychich Energy
3 Professor Sycamore
2 Teammates
4 Float Stone
1 Computer Search

Basically it works on the ability to evolve first turn and try to knock out small basics or be immune to big ones. What do you think? Just throwin' out ideas here :)

Banette has the delta evolve ancient trait?

The one I have seen has an ability to make all pokemon tool cards inactive, or disabled or whatever.  I've heard of someone proposing an anti-evolver deck based on some Banette attack that prevents evolution.  It was picked apart for a number of valid reasons, essentially that the anti-evolution is an effect of an attack which can be reset by benching the affected pokemon and that you must continue to use this attack or it's effect no longer prevents evolution.

Pyroar is an excellent wall and a potent attacker at times, you've got to watch out for the Megas now though.

Not sure what the aim is here, could you please describe the Roaring Skies Banette for me?

The card has the Evolution ability, and the attack does 20 damage and prevents the opponent from evolving at all the next turn. (Evolving from the hand, that is.) The second attack places 5 damage counters.

Okay, so your opponent is unable to evolve even his benched pokemon for his next turn.

I think the criticism was centred around the idea that you could prevent evolution and have Pyroar be immune for the match; however once you make Pyroar active, your opponent is free to evolve because you can no longer 'Evolution Jam' them, ergo: Pyroar will no longer be immune.

It's cool that the effect is on the player and doesn't target only the defending pokemon, though.

You'd definitely wreck any deck still trying to use Emboar or Blastoise, you'd probably slow down a lot of decks, you'd do 70 damage with muscle band and laserbank.

There's a couple of decks that enjoy having stage 1 support and those support pokemon are generally easy ****** for pyroar, Too bad you're using lasers, that's how the toad decks will deal with Pyroar, they might suffer without Slurpuff or Crawdaunt. Bronzone for steel acceleration, Aromatisse for the Fairies you'd shut down very useful abilities by preventing evolution repeatedly.

You have lots of retreat stuff, so you can keep putting up Banette after Banette, Maybe you should try some scoop up and AZ since you can evolve Banette right away with his delta evolve trait, just pick him up, play Shuppet, evolve all in one turn.

Yea I see where you are coming from. 

I think that what I was trying to do was get out Bannette first turn to try to destroy those little basics that have to evolve, or stop evolution all together for their next turn. So bannette could deal with the small basics, and prevent them from evolving, while pyroar can deal with the big basics easily and the evolutions if I mess up the lock. Quick switches could definitely punch a hole in this deck. AZ could help as well but Toad could get in the way. Not many people at my local league use Toad so that is good. Thank you for your feedback. 

The two things that will destroy the deck: Yveltal/Garbodor. Banette isn't weak to Yveltal, and Garb shuts off Pyroar to allow Yveltal to be able to get its dirty little mits on it. So add in a Dedenne FFI and play it for just in case.

Good idea, and/or a lysandre so I can destroy trubbish. 20 + 20 for muscle x2 = 80 enough to take out trubbish. 

I'm not sure how common Evosoda is used, but this bypasses Bannette's first attack (same problem with Pyroar/Archeops in Expanded).

Okay, that is a strange interpretation of the attack's or  ability's text. 

I would have understood that things like evosoda and Wally would be cards in hand being played to end result evolve a pokemon, but I guess the card which actually does the evolving is the pokemon whose text reads 'evolves form so and so' Evosoda I guess is classified as a search card whose effect does NOT read put this card in your hand but rather place on 1 of your pokemon,

I would have taken the attack to have the broader and more literal meaning which would preclude the use of any card, trainer or pokemon whose end result would be the evolution of a pokemon.

Is that kind of an accurate description of how the judges might have come up with the ruling?  I mean, I read one post rgarding Omega Barrier by a staff member of TPCi which was brilliant, you know describing switching effects in terms of 'push' vs 'pull' and so on, these kinds of things have already been worked out and it certainly isn't up to me, paralegal 101, to figure out, I just like figuring this stuff out.

Yea, you're right. I think we might see a bit more confusion on this card in the future.

Archived