What happens if you crush a Pokeball?

The_Iron_bat

I don't remember where I saw this, but Mewtwo crushed a few Pokeballs, and it doesn't show what happened. So what does happen when you crush a Pokeball?

In the Hoenn region, Jessie (or Musashi in Japan) crushed her Dustox's pokeball so it would leave her and go with a pack of other Dustox. I suppose that means, if a trainer's pokeball is crushed, that Pokemon is set free.

In the Hoenn region, Jessie (or Musashi in Japan) crushed her Dustox's pokeball so it would leave her and go with a pack of other Dustox. I suppose that means, if a trainer's pokeball is crushed, that Pokemon is set free.

If that's the case when a Pokémon is outside of the PokéBall, what happens to it if it is inside the PokéBall when it is crushed? Would the Pokémon die?

If that's the case when a Pokémon is outside of the PokéBall, what happens to it if it is inside the PokéBall when it is crushed? Would the Pokémon die?

This is going off the anime, in some episodes it does show how a pokemon is just sitting in the pokeball and  if a pokeball was crushed i would say that the pokemon inside would be crushed too.

Archived