New trainers from Roaring Skies

fr33land

Okay, can someone help me interpret a hypothetical:

SRY for jumping the gun here

Okay, I want to evolve on turn 1

I already have the pokemon that evolves from my pokemon in play in my hand.

I have Wally:

Search your deck for a card that evolves from 1 of your pokemon (excluding Pokemon-EX) and put it onto that Pokemon.  (This counts as evolving that Pokemon.)  Shuffle your deck afterward.  You can use this card on your first turn or on a Pokemon that was put into play this turn.

Q:

Do I have to use the evolution from my deck?  Is the evolution in my hand now a dead card?  If I fail the search am I allowed to play the card in my hand onto the Pokemon in play?

IE. I already have the evolution I need, I just want to play it NOW, can I play Wally?

My hand is a part of my deck, technically, I suppose. . .  I only need to go searching through the rest of it if I can't find it in my hand.

How does Evosoda deal with this?

Okay, can someone help me interpret a hypothetical:

SRY for jumping the gun here

Okay, I want to evolve on turn 1

I already have the pokemon that evolves from my pokemon in play in my hand.

I have Wally:

Search your deck for a card that evolves from 1 of your pokemon (excluding Pokemon-EX) and put it onto that Pokemon. (This counts as evolving that Pokemon.) Shuffle your deck afterward. You can use this card on your first turn or on a Pokemon that was put into play this turn.

Q:

Do I have to use the evolution from my deck? Yes

Is the evolution in my hand now a dead card? For the purpose of Wally ? Yes

If I fail the search am I allowed to play the card in my hand onto the Pokemon in play? Not as part of the effect of Wally

IE. I already have the evolution I need, I just want to play it NOW, can I play ....  If you don't have a second copy of the evolution in your deck, then Wally won't do much.

My hand is a part of my deck, technically, I suppose. . . No, it is not

I only need to go searching through the rest of it if I can't find it in my hand. Your deck is a seperated zone, just like your hand, the playing field, the discard pile, etc.

How does Evosoda deal with this? Evosoda does as depicted above.

Okay, cool.

Not ideal, but thanks for clearing that up for me.  Surprising how often that comes up, unfortunately.  In the deck I am trying to use it in there are several pokemon which are evolvers and multiple copies of each so it still works out.  Maybe I won't run so many copies, evolving one stage per turn works just fine with Korrina, which essentially has the same effect of searching out say, the middle evolution.  Rare candies are still hard to beat, especially with that particular supporter.

Archived