Primal Kyogre Tidal storm Bug

lampcrusher

Tidal Storm - Move 2 Energy from this Pokémon to 1 of your Benched Pokémon. This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon-EX. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

This is the attack used by primal kyogre. I'm running a deck with mudkip/swampert/suicune/kyogre-ex/primalkyogre-ex. Whenever I use tidal storm and try to move the 2 water energies from primal kyogre to suicune they just appear in my discard pile. I've tested this and it happens every time energies from primal kyogre-ex are moved to a basic pokemon with no evolution. I can put the energies on a mudkip (as it has the ability to evolve) but the energies are not transferable to non-mega evolution EX cards. This is the only down fall of this deck aside from coming up against a strong grass-type deck... The only time I ever really lose is because of this bug and I'd like to know if:

a) there is some rule in regards to this move I'm ignorant to,
b ) this is a bug: what can I do to prevent it,
c) the pokemon TCG online staff / any other players are aware of this bug.
thanks ! 

This is not a bug. Suicune's ability prevents effects from all EX cards. This includes your own.

I've never understood why the ruling is to discard the energy instead of just keep the energy where it was being transferred from, but yes, it's not a bug.  Suicune catches everybody off-guard at least once....

Hi lampcrusher!

As others have posted, this is working as intended. Suicune's Safeguard Ability states: Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by Pokémon-EX.

It doesn't specifically say to prevent effects of attacks by the opponent's Pokémon-EX, so the effects of attacks from ALL Pokémon-EX are blocked - this includes your own.

As this isn't a bug, I'll be closing this thread. I hope this was helpful! :)

Archived