cards wont load, serious issue

EggBurrt

cards are not loading and once they do i re-open the game too find i have to reload my cards, this game is seriously chewing up my downloads. Surely there can be a way to have the card images a permanent part of the client instead of downloading every time we have to play?

please can we get a real response and not some work around that cease to work because i see a lot of post in regards to the same issue and nothing has been done to resolve the issue which I'm unfortunately sorry to say makes the game unplayable from what i have experienced and from that a lot of other players have experienced too.

kind regards. 

yeah i have done exactly that, it tells me its "currently downloading all assets" i review the size of the client file after an extensive period of time and no alteration to file size from cards being downloaded and stored to the file. 

thank you for your response.

Hello again!

The game may not be able to properly cache the card images if you're running low on disk space. Do you have free space on your computer? If not, please try freeing some up and see if that helps. :)

Mod_poplar don't mind but i already have 200 GB free space in my hard disk and i dont have any Disk space partitions in my laptop . The cache size decreaes automatically even after i downloaded all card data :mellow:  . Please check this issue thoroughly cause i think that something is wrong with cache and PTCGO Client.

I would recommend submitting a support ticket in that case, guys. You can create a ticket by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question". (If you can't log in, you can also submit a ticket by emailing support@pokemon.com.) The support team may have some more suggestions for you. Good luck! :)

An Addition to this, I have a Cache file from an older update for cases like this, but even copying that to the original location is not working.

The game is bent upon re-downloading the scans every time I log in, it seems.

I have spent sparingly to no time on the game ever since this, and I do not plan to until it is fixed.

I hope it is soon, probably when the scans for the new set are added.

I am having this same issue. I have a slower internet connection, but able to run games without problems online, except PTCGO. I have just left the client running after trying to download all assets over night. Still, the cards are not loaded and downloading doesn't seem to have changed anything. I would really love to play this game a bit more.  :(

When you say that cards are not loading, do you mean that you see placeholder images, red cards, no cards at all; or that the game is stalling while loading cards?

I'm also having the same problem. After loading the card, instead of seeing the picture, name and its attack, the whole card turns into the same colour, especially with the Dark Hammer Deck.
If I'm using the Dark Hammer deck, all the fighting pokemon turn into brown colour, not being able to see its name or att, thus I don't know what card am I selecting in the middle of a battle.

What happens for me is this, 

I'll wait about 10 minutes to open a pack of cards. Then, some are the cards are a single color with shiny parts on them. 

I have also tried downloading the cache a few times, and it still doesn't help anything. Sometimes it is near impossible to play online because some cards will be completely grey. 

Being able to download the entire card collection would be so much easier for people with slower connections. 

Archived